Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello Everyone,

I changed my name from Oaklander. I set that name up when I was just looking around the site and decided I didn't like it.

I went to my orientation in Richmond this morning. It was a good experience. Dr. Fisher gave the doctor orientation part, then both Liz and Robin spoke. It was a lot of information to take in all at once.

Maria, it's very exciting that your surgery is coming up so soon. Are you feeling ready? What was your weight when you went to orientation class?

Is it typical for Dr. Baggs to require 10% weight loss? Today they talked about losing weight, but not the requirements.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey Everyone,

I'm still working like crazy...off tomorrow for the holiday, but I have so much to catch up on I'll be working from home ugh!

Oh, I got a call from Dr P's office today my fill appt got changed to Dec 7th, Yahoo!! can't wait. I was trying to get to 170 by my fill so I have my work cut out for me with it moving up 1 week. 5lbs.

Tamra, yea! Analynn is right, keep believing

Where's everybody? Maria you're right, getting spooky.

My brian is fried, I'm going to bed.

Creatinglee- I weighed 256 at orientation and Baggs gave me 243 as my goal weight. I'm 237 this morning. I am very excited! have alot of anxiety. This weekend will be the longest weekend ever. I cant believe we are barely on Wed!! Cant wait to see everyone on Saturday.

Howdy everyone. My personal weight loss chalenge to lose 10 lbs before my vacation in 29 days isn't going so well. I gaind a few lbs since I've been exercising more again. What is that about? I figure I'll just come to a tipping point and then drop a ton. (Cross those fingers ladies).

I'm excited for the bridge walk. I'll be driving from EG, so anyone who wants to join can do that. I have a Camry and can fit 3 comfortably.

I've decided to walk more at the gym and not just stick with the elliptical. I played around with the incline and all that good stuff. I hurt a little today though. I don't like that. I'm afraid to push too hard and injure myself but I don't know. I usually never hurt with the elliptical, hmmm maybe that's why I started using that machine in the first place?! Anyway. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Veteran's Day, full of healthy choices and maybe a little relaxation.

Creatinglee- I don't think the doctors share their requirements for weight loss. I think they honestly give everyone individualized weight loss. Doc Fisher is basically having me lose half my excess weight before surgery. Way way more than 10 %. I think a lot of it depends on age, body type and I bet a bunch of other things they'll never share with us! Good luck!

Good Morning everyone!

Maria~congrats! 6 more days right!

Riley~I think I need to enjoy one of those cocktails today!

Candra~How are you girl! I can't wait to meet you.

Jes~I need to get myself together and lose 5lbs this week. Can we do it?

Everyone I missed~I can not wait to meet you all on Saturday. I know I am going to ask your name one million times. I'm kinda bad with names. I need an association....:tongue_smilie:

I got weighed at my PCP appt yesterday and Kaiser scale said I am.....209.4!

I want to lose that 9.4lbs by the end of the month...That means I have 2w,5d to lose it!!!! Can I do it??? Is this realistic???

I was 285 @ Orientation and Dr Fisher set my goal at 250. Sucks.

I also switched to Baggs. Luckly for new patients he doesnt seem to require much of a weight loss.

So I am sad to say I cheated yesterday LOL crap!! up 4 lbs tody. I lasted all of what 3 days? I don't know why after you cheat once it's so hard to restart. This is why I never last on fad diets, etc because I loose it. Well back on today and of course its TOM so I assume I am retaining some Water.< /span>

I am trying to stick it out till Thanksgiving.

Good Morning all... So how is everyone?? Im great!!. So does anyone know where we are eating Saturday so i can pre-plan what I want to eat.... :tongue_smilie: Im a planner... lol... Doing good on the diet, went grocery shopping last night and seriously realized I used to buy things that I really didnt have to cook. OMG I bought all fresh stuff and just need to look up some receipes.. so YAY...

I hope everyone is good. Maria and pam are you still riding with us, if so is West Sac ok to meet up at 11 or so???

Wow, there are soooo many new members on here now:( I feel so hmm gonner.. oh well ill introduce myself for those who have not a freakin idea who i am..

I am nicole:) I am from Sacramento, had orientatoin nov 4 2008 and surgery 3/31/09. I am about 8 lbs from goal.. FREAKIN HARDEST EIGHT LBS to do. I am a mom, now a single mom.. yes weight loss can ruin a marriage;)

No i wont bet here saturday! What the heck why do i have to work now:(

Donna: love i called you.. miss you..

Candra: how are you.. ?

Christine: hows the belly?

Tina: talked to you today, miss ya tons...

Canolie and oh goodness her best friend: hope you girls are kickin a$$..:)

April: there is a girls night this saturday lemme know if you wanna come!!!

Tamra: how are you?

Goodness i miss you all sooo much. I should be back on regularly SOON. They say my apt is almost ready for auds and i.

Im so busy lately.. workin workin workin. Abt to start my second job also. Audrey is in county daycare LOVES it. Speaking A TON!

I still weigh 168:( It actually has gotten pretty bad. Im going in for an unfill friday. No food stays down right now. For instance:

Yesterday:

B: Scrambled Eggs.. 2 bites.. back up.

S: Granola bar : DOWN!

L: tried nachos, no go, tried salsberry steak no go.

Finally i was just STARVING, so had a egg nog chai oh my god delish! And chips.. eek sliders.

But like today my tea came back up.. shhh tina i know i know.. im going fri. I got some down later. Im just super stressed i know this. But im tired of this crap. and it does get WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. Sometimes i have to help get it out cause it aches.. its horrible. But how i look at it im 8 lbs away. Im in a size 8 and S shirts so im fine with my size. Im gonna loosen her up. And just eat how im supposed to. no more sliders (thats all ive had for a month.. hard to eat protien when it all comes back up) ANDi joined the gym, and prepaid. So im gonna get back into routine.

So yeah my life is fun:)

I am dropping my insurance after this month:( I haveto. I cant afford this crap.:biggrin:

Other then that all is okay. Work is fun. Applying elsewhere though. HEY any of you work with medical or calworks? And can tell me what PENDING AND IN PROCESS means??? how do they excpect me to care for miss thang on noooooooo money!!! Seriosuly i dont get it at all.:(

Ok so i miss you all as you know, all you newbies welcome to the group, we really are the best group. We will get you to goal!!! In every way:)

Oh and Dr Baggs is my surgeon!

Hello ladies... I have not been on here in days.... and of course the new diet didnt start until today. I have watched what i ate but couldnt afford the groceries... so now we are on track. Good luck to me ahhhhhhh......

Ok there is so much to read I can not fit it in. So I will catch up with all you ladies on Sat....

As for food to eat during preop diet... has anyone tried wasa cracker/bread. Its the bomb. Any suggestions for breakfast... I am n ot a Breakfast eater and chokin down the eggs is yuck! help.....

So Sad News for me... I won't be able to attend on Saturday :biggrin: Bridezilla has gotten tickets for a bridal show that I am required to attend... The weekends were mixed up originally - wasn't suppose to be till next weekend but the tickets came and said the 14th -

Maria - 1 week girlie - Gotta get you my dress..

Jewel, can we hook up so I can get you this dress to give to Maria - or Maria - PM me your address and I will mail it to you tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK TAMRA! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Lookin good Liz... Love the new Pic - so you finally got started... Better late than never

Nicollie - if the 1200 cal is workin for you don't mess with it. Sure did want to hang with you Saturday so that means we will have to schedule a Vacaville hang out soon.

Nicole... You work because you are a strong independent single mother now! Go girl

Captain Mo - sure am sad I won't be able to meet you Saturday... But we live close and I will PM you my info - we can hook up anytime!

Donna - gonna miss you Saturday :(

April... I see you on here.. Miss talkin with ya but good to see you logged on - means all is good with you.

CreatingLee - so does this mean you got Dr. Baggs?

John, How's it going - you on track? I'm strugglin to get there. Up 3lbs since my initial surgery weight loss.

Jewel, lucky you that you got your fill date moved up, I still don't have a date... Gotta get on Doc Fisher to set it up - my bad though, I shoulda called Sarah myself.

Hey Tina - Sounds fun to have a workout partner for a daughter. How was LA? did I miss that post?

Awe Candra Bummer gunna miss havin ya there... We totally need to hang out soon!!

I have some sad news too!! I cant make it on Saturday, either my husband needs to work and I dont want to leave my son alone for that long. I'll still keep you guys posted on how I'm doing. Candra- no worries about the dress...dont spend money on mailing it girl! it's ok thank you though.

I'll be thinking of you guys....

awww Candra girl damn! lol. I wanted to see you!

I will still try to make it. I am mad I am up 4 lbs but whatever!!