Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks Candra.. !!

Ok Maria and Pam, which freeway will you be coming from? we are thinkin meet up around 11-11:30???

I will be picking Maria up and heading up I-5 and then I guess going 80 West - where do you want us to meet you? Somewhere safe to leave my car if possible. :thumbup: Are we meeting in Vallejo at 1 pm?

Canolie- You are doing great! We will probabaly take Hwy 5 but Pam will be driving so whatever she says.

Liz- you are doing great too, you are taking the first step now, you just gotta get into action gurlie..even if your going to drink still try to watch what you eat starting today and start establishing some good habits..remember at the party.. if you are going to drink....this is maybe not the best advice but...stay away from the beer do ONLY SHOTS, preferably Patron. not as many calories and you won't feel all bloated or try diet coke and captn morgan. Trust me, my party days are over but back in the day let me tell you those were my choices.. Not that ive done this or anything. But I heard this is better. ;0)

I only tell you cause it will be easier to start on Monday if you have semi started and kicked some old habits or eat in moderation like sodas, sweets,coffee and try to avoid carbs. Just get mentally prepared becuase ive found that if you go cold turkey on everything you'll feel deprived and will end up screwing up, at least that's what i did Ive been doing ok with this new strategy I'm at 236 now!! dont get me wrong I do cheat a lot more then I want to say but I dont cheat all day. I am avoiding carbs but if I feel like I want a dinner roll I just wont have potatoes..choose what you want most.

OMG is this me saying all this?? dang I was feeling so discouraged yesterday!! Thanks ladies for bringing me back. TWO MORE WEEKS!

Pam - I will PM my phone number.

Where in Vallejo are we meeting? I have to mapquest the directions.

Hey everyone- I plan to buy a few more things before my surgery. Can you all tell me what else you think I might need? I have the following:

Centrum chewables

calcium chews

Gas X Strips

MOM

2 cans of chicken broth and a few cans of pureed Soups

sugar free jellos

cream of wheat

sugar free puddings

apple sauce

V8 juices (is that ok)

measuring cup

new pjs

sweats

booties

Shampoo (when its time to shower)

I plan to get...

p-butter

SF Popsicles

a large container I can sip Water

Anything I am leaving out that helped you out or you could not do without?

p-butter, oh no not rihght after surgery!! I can barely eat it now!

2 cans of Soup would have done me - seriously. Get a magic bullet blender; you can eat anything that the family is having (once on Stage 3) by just poppin' it in the ol' blender. I ate GOOD in stage 3 . . . . used it all the time in stage 2 also, turned anything into soup with some broth or soy milk :-)

YO - drinkies and calories = my area of expertise, yo Jes jump in anytime here! All "shots" (hard alcohol, assuming it is unsweetened - does not include the likes of Malibu rum, etc) has exactly the same amount of calories and ZERO carbs. If you are in an establishment that knows you, bring diet cranberry (ocean spray) juice and drink that with plain old vodka. Otherwise stay away from any kind of fruit juices. Vodka (or plain rum) works with crystal lite too - and we ALL pack THAT around - and in diet Jello shots. Michalob ultra is like 70 cals and 2.3 carbs, it is a beautiful thing for BEFORE surgery; after you have to pour it into a glass from 3 feet height and let it flatten before you can drink it! I can actually drink one out of the bottle now, but too hard to stick to 1 so I don't. I am especially partial to vodka diet tonic, no fruit. But that was when I drank vodka . . . . I'm over than now. But I lost so much weight that I cant drink like i used to! 2 is my limit and I have a hard time with that, so I sip red wine now - i NEVER chug that. It has calories AND carbs but I am drinking 2 not 5 or 6, so it all works out and saves me from stupid and regretable behavior(!)

I had to not drink at all to lose 43 lbs. before surgery - probably one of the main reasons that I lost it so easilt, LOL!!

urgh i made it today LOL

Breakfast - Atkins shake

lunch - low carb burger from carls, added bacon

dinner - greens with salt pork, and 1 turkey burger with a slice of low fat cheese

dessert - a piece of lemon with salt (PMS LOL)

Water all day and NO COFFEE!!

Tamra! What a totally perfect day! Congrats girl, you are right back on it! Attagirl :-)

This eHarmony thing is wearing me OUT! Seriously! 9 matches that I am currently "communicating" with; 11 more new ones that look too interesting to close out yet but I don't have TIME or ENERGY to communicate with; and 48 already closed out - half by me and half by them. Holy SMOKES! I have only been a member now for 9 days!!!!!! They match me with like 5 new guys every night . . . . this is crazy! BUT it has really helped for me to realize that there are a LOT of like-minded, single, Christian guys out there and I do NOT ever need to settle for anyone just because he's available. Cool Beans dude and dudettes . . . .

Donna I miss you woman, where are you??

I actually had to stop drinking to loose my goal wt too. BUT I've had a few lately. I think wine is my best bet since I'll drink less and sip, but that's me.

Maria you have more than enough stuff. Popsicles is a yes but I had a bunch of stuff I didn't need like my top cabinet shelf is full of Soup I didn't eat. Oh I'd pick up some liquid tylenol for when you need a little pain med besides the lortab.

Today was a little better for me as far as food goes...well if I don't count the Mocha Frap I had. So what's really up with the caffeine? I mean I know I'm not supposed to have it but why? is it because it stimulates my appetite? I think I'm hooked again.

Jes! Hi sweets :-)

Caff raises blood pressure and increases appetite. I think it was your doc (Park) that said it does not really increase risk of ulcer- which is what I had heard from Liz & Robin - cause liquids go right thru? But Dr. Baggs has been very clear that I should not be drinking it, so I try to at LEAST go with the half-caff. Sometimes I have to do it for the headache remedy tho . . . . so I feel ya!!

My first 2 days I ate only: SF popsicles, SF Jello, Water, G2 (diet gatorade), black Decaf coffee (trying to feel "normal" on day 2!) and broth YUM on the broth! As soon as I could have full liquids (stage 2) I was all about walking to starbucks for decaf soy slender lattes (good on protein), and I was walking to shopping again by then so I would buy hot & sour Soup at the chinese restaurant and blend it with unsweetened soy milk, or chili at safeway and blend it with broth (oops, was not supposed to be having Beans yet!). I actually opened only 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 container of that trader joe's red pepper soup (yummy but full of carbs). You eat SO little that 1 can could last you all week if you didn't get so sick of it. Honestly! When I started needed more substance I made homeade split pea with pureed ham in it, added soy milk to thin it. I had SO many cans of soup I didn't ever open! I gave most of them away when I quit eating meat again.

-A BP cuff if you have high blood pressure

- a digital thermometer - to make sure no infection

- liquid or chewable tylenol, cause that lortab gets REAL old REAL fast

- hot water bottle for the gas, and Gas-X strips

-paper bowls! you need them to eat the SF popsicles cause you can't eat the whole thing at first :thumbup:

Good Job Tamra - so glad to have you back...

I REALLY NEED A hair CUT & STYLE THAT WON'T MAKE MY FACE LOOK SO FAT! Who's good at that? Just looked at pics with my cousins last night and they are scary! I've lost 40lbs and it doesn't show at all - Don't mean to be so negative ladies & gent but seriously - I HATE LOOKING AT PICTURES OF MYSELF - JUST MAKES ME CRY!

Here is a pic of me & my cousin Denise, the one Jes thought was me in the old picture (look at my fat ass face!)

BTW Riley - very impressive alcohol breakdown!

post-264449-13813138861696_thumb.jpg