Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Morning all!

What the heck, I emailed Dr. Baggs asking him some questions, etc and he came bk with the same automated type answer he sent me last month telling me "monthly weight checks and meetings"....thats it! no yes, no, etc...whats up with that?

I think after a certain point the band doesn't get looser as we lose weight. The max you can get filled depends on the person. I have 7 cc in my band and that is probably as much as I will ever have according to Dr. Im.

So maybe you are too tight Tina. If you can't eat solid Protein I would be a little concerned.

Hey everyone we are offically whooped!! Hope everyone is having a great day.....So here is what happened at our orientation.....

Liz and I arrived (we were the first people there and an hour early). WE got into class and weighed in...Sarah was there and she had us fill out our appointment papers she mentioned having a few appointments for today to see Dr. Fisher in Vacaville. we both put we were open avaiability and GUESS WHAT!! she got us in today!!! SHE ROCKS!! WE were shaking we were so excited and nervous. So we had an hour to kill so we filled out our paperwork and waited for our appointments with "our surgeon" Dr. Fisher..... when they came out to call Liz's name first they asked if we wanted to dcome back together so we said SUre... SO yeah we had our surgeon appointment together. lol... Dr. Fisher said he wants us both to get down to 225 and then come and see him again. He asked us to weigh in 2 x a week and email him our progress. He also gave us a packet about the sleeve. John they didnt talk about it except for a few minutes..... SO looks like Liz has to lose 23 lbs and I have to lose 29 lbs.... WE GOT THIS!! we start our new life tomorrow!!! WE are so excited we were able to go to class and have our surgeon appointment in one day!!!

Ok well I am off to relax and get my Breakfast ready for tomorrow...:drool: Have a great nite all!!

Nicollie and Liz!!

(she is here with me and said HI)

WHOO WHOOO!! YAY ! Canolie and Liz is on board to be banded. Remember it is probably one of the hardest but rewarding once you get scheduled. Congrats ladies I am so happy to hear you are a few steps closer. Dr Fisher huh..I thoght you guys were going towards Baggs. Either Dr I am sure is great. So best of luck to you both...

thanks Maria!!! Yeah we wanted either dr.. they are both great. Dr Fisher was seeing a few people yesterday and Liz and I got scheduled. So YAY we are excited to have him!!

Good morning Ladies!!!!! Nicolie posted the update on orientation day... I will tell you it was mentally draining and exhuasting. I think all of the facts and emotions involved have taken over my brain..lol. Well I need to make my grocery list and get to that 1200cal diet... tonite I will handle it. Dr. Fisher said to touch bases with hime so he can see my progress and the we will make the decision for surgery. I am feeling so darn eager!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for the input. Im kinda scared to change PCP's in the middle of this process. I don't want to have to reexplain to a new PCP why I need this surgery! But we will see how that gose. My curent PCP has untill today to get back to me before I throw a fit LOL :drool:. To Pat & Candra, What are some things that you did to maintain the 40 BMI while you waited for the Orientation?

Ooh, Ash.... I just ate! It's ok to go above it!! I don't have any problems staying fat LOL. Have you tried to call your PCP's office and speak to one of the gals at the desk? I would just pop in there today if you don't hear back from her and have a chit chat with them.

Nicollie & Liz - I see those tickers are both 4lbs down.... Took them boots off eh? LMAO.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!

ok, so I really need a big fat fill cuz this little 2.5/3.0 I got im my band ain't doing crud for me! I'M HUNGRY :drool: It seems like I got off my diet after surgery and now I can't get back on it... Grrrr!

So, Monique - I'm with you.... LETS DO THE DAMN THANG!

Hahahah Yuppers... took the boota and jeans off!!!!! Voila....

Happy Wednesday Morning Anchor Day All!

That is 898 Candra, hehehe kidding, u keep us a moving!

Congrats Canolie & Liz...you rocked that orientation, and a surgeon meeting...together...so jealous (happy for u both!)

Maria...how doing...2 weeks to go! You will do it!!! Are u planning on the 14th with us? We wanna root u on!!!

Sweet T...u keep on girl, just keep in balance, as Pam said, getting in Protein, we need u healthy too skinny mama!

Riley woman, rock the casba...meowww!

Heather, rock the Heidi, toooo cute! Have 'weighed in'? Dont get quiet on us now..no term papers hehehe.

Pam, so hope to see u on the 14th...miss ya!

Jes...come up for air, now bridge is open back to long days?

Welcome Mama ash, these ladies will walk u thru!

Monique...how doing? Keep chattin here, keeps hands busy!

Tamra...dont give up...cause we NOT givin up on U!

Nicole, good to chat, thanx for the message!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Reggie, Pat, Beatriz, John, and all (dont wanna forget anyone) hope u all doin well, ck in when can! :drool:

Candra, can help plan the 14th? What's the consensus?

Ok, So I did not hear back from my PCP yesterday so I called in and found out that she finaly sent the referal yestersday! The only down side is that she sent it for the Fremont Office. Which I did tell her to get me in with whoever has the first available appointment for orientation. And my orientation is set for Nov. 22 on a Sunday. I know this is the Richmond board but is there anyone on here that went to the Fremont one?

Ash, I dont think so... Check to see which surgeons do that one cuz I know some of these ladies did their orientation in Vacaville but it is still the Richmond Surgeons and their surgeries will still be done in Richmond. You can call Richmond - somebody please give her the number - and see if they can get you in there - just tell them that you were sent to Fremont and that is really inconvenient for you.

for my experts... How long after surgery was it till you got a fill? I "may" get one at my 12 week (3 friggin months) appt. Which, I might add that The Doc hasn't scheduled yet.... He told me on 10/21 when I say him that he was going to have my 12 week appt scheduled for me... Grrrr! Love him but he seems to be a bit forgetful.

Who has Sarah's number handy?

Hi all -

What is the plan for the 14th for the people coming from the Sacramento area? Are you meeting up with the others in Vallejo after they come back from Santa Rosa? I think I need to see my girls - who is going from this area?