Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

It's so friggin nice to be pain free!

Yes, Riley, Jane & Pat - I want to wait for you guys - maybe Jes and I should roll to SR to your group to check it out... Jes??

Hi everyone it's official I got banded Yesterday! Dr. Fisher was great! No gas pains, just pain on my incisions. Over all I feel good. Slept all day yesterday just got up to do some walking and so far so good. I am happy in this new point in my journey that has just began.

Congratulations Beatriz on being banded. Your band journey has now begun. Remember to rest as your body needs to heal and recover from the surgery.

Congrats Beatriz!!!!!! Take care of yourself!

Candra I am onpage 53 of the binder so far...... should I be doing any of the worksheets? Do we really have to attend a few classes after orientation and consult?????

Hello all you beautiful people..I have some news... Liz just phoned me that my appt had to be rescheduled due to Dr Baggs having Jury Duty. She gave me an otion of either the next day (Nov 24th or Nov 18th) Duh..I took the 18th!!! Now I am shittin' bricks!! I am excited and scared all at the same time. Unfortunatly I cant hang with you guys on the 14th becuase I am sure I need to prepare for Wednedays surgery..I need all your advice on what to pack, eat medications etc...HELP!!!!

Yeahhh Maria! We are here for ya & will get ya ready! So just (maybe) u can still meet up with us on the 14th! Ahhh even sooner...less time to worry, u will do just fine!

Congrats Beatriz, and welcome to a great group of support (& more) even comraderieship for the journey!

Candra honey, glad u out of pain, ouch. Chat soon!

We could crash the Sonoma support group... And we could try to do that wetlands walk thing that didn't work out a few months ago.

Beatriz- Great to hear Doc Fisher did such a great job (another happy patient!) Hope you heal fast!

Maria- The walking might be great prep for surgery!

wow I'm the only one online....oh well

Yes I actually did work all day from home. I'm so behind because of being off for a month. And then I went into work tonight, had to pick some stuff up so I can work from home the rest of the week.

Heather, that sounds like a good idea. I'd love to go do the wetlands. Anybody else down?

Beatriz congrats girl! check in with us if you have any questions.

Wow Maria great news at least now you will be able to puree your turkey dinner LOL.

Candra, glad your feeling better, call me so we can hang out. Did you hula tonight?

Annalyn hang in there, what's up with these men? always wanting to reconcile after they screw up?

How's Miss Nicole? anybody checked on her lately?

Pretty sure Nicole and I are meeting for lunch tomorrow. Call or text me if you want to join us. PM me if you need my number.

Candra - My Migraine sister! I've had em since I was 15 and they went haywire 2 years ago - I actually was out of work for a month - maybe had 5 days out of the month without a migraine. Badlands! Tried everything - headache clinic / neuro surgeon put me on Topamax - bad drug - makes you really feel weird - hands and feet go numb but they tell you that is normal - NOT. Since I've gotten through the Big M they are better but not gone. My sister's went away after the Big M. Maxalt worked great for me for years - but not with the big hormone thing with menopause. Now that I'm through it the Maxalt is working again. My biggest triggers are lack of sleep (can you tell I'm a night owl) and stress, some foods, but mostly the other 2. Now that I'm eating right I think it helps. But like you say, sometimes they just come on for no apparent reason. Sooo I really understand and feel for you. Nothin' worse (except when you get the vomitting with them too.)

Oh and Candra, I have you beat - my engagement was 7 years and 1 kid! Since I had already tied the knot 2 times before I wasn't too anxious to do it again. Then when I was ready he wasn't, then he was and I wasn't and so on. We also got pregnant in there by accident and decided to have our oldest son but held on the marriage thing since we weren't sure. Finally tied the knot in 1991! So its been a total of 25 years now!

Riley - I agree we are worth waiting for - the North Bay Gals! Seriously, it would be great to met up with the group. I'm game for a walk, but not sure how long I can go because of my foot. (I'm scared of the power girls: Riley and Jes!). Is the Tuesday night group at the same house each week?

Beatriz - congratulations! and Maria congratulations on a new, sooner date - it will be fine.

Annalynn - we are going to do this together! Good job on the alcohol - lots of sugar! I'm waiting to get weighed at my PCP's next week before I update my ticker, but my home scale last week showed I was only 3 from surgery goal. (I know it is more but it is really making me push - I really want my case manager appt in Nov.)

Tamara - don't give up - we are here for you.

Jess - My work has been nuts - more layoffs today. I've worked every night this week until 9:30. Its hard. I know when I'm banded I'll need to not do that so I can eat - I was starving tonight - I only ate a little extra but it was hard. What do you do?

Night ladies - have a good Thursday.

Hello everyone! I've been around. Reading but not posting. I am still adjusting to my new band. I am still not used to it poking out. Is this going to always be like this or is it because of the swelling?

I would like to try to meet you all. Is anyone going to the Richmond support group meeting next week????

Anyway, I'm marking my spot and getting ready to drop and roll on the kids...School and daycare. LOL

Hey everyone!

Congrats Bea, howdy Monique! It's the port that's sticking out; it burns like a beatch for just about 4-6 weeks. It is swelling; there is a bunch of Fluid around it right now in the little muscle-pocket that they created for it. Once the body re-absorbs the fluid, there will be no more swelling and it won't stick out - at least not until you lose all your weight! I complained to Dr. Baggs that he had sewn a baseball in there for weeks; that is how swollen and hard it was - then finally in week 5 is suddenly went down and I never thought about it again until I lost my weight - now it needs its own zip code! It is tiny, but sticks way out of my trim little tummy now - I can wave to people with it! :-)

SO worth it - I don't care.

~Congrats Maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U should still come on the 14th so we can build you up and cheer you on!

~So I am wondering how many appts are we to go to before having the surg... I know about the consult with surgeon and psych and nutritionist and case mgr.... but what else. The binder mentions all these classes. I just want to be prepared for all the time I will need off of work.

O and Canolie call me now....lol..... read ur email

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Candra I was home sick and didnt move off the couch so I havent started the binder yet. Liz printed me a copy so i read the diet and looked at the questions... I am so excited and now that I saw the diet I am nervous...hehehe but more excited than anything...

So what time are on for the 14th?? and where do we meet??

maria I am so excited for you!! YOU ROCK!!

Ok well I just wanted to check in hope everyone is having a great day....