Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hurts to much to eat right now...........letting things settle. I had the flu this weekend and all the throwing up made my stomach swell. So my band is really tight. I don't want an unfill so I am trying to chill and let the swelling go down............if it doesn't in a few days I might need to get some taken out..............I think it will go down. The flu and the band don't mix well though.........

gosh I'm tiered. My class was soo overwhelming I guess I forgot I have a new job...I was so lost.

N E way, I lost 2 lbs in 2 days I think because I'm back eating salads and Protein only. Today is the 1st day in a while I haven't had any sweets. Hopefully I can get them out of my system by the weekend.

Candra I can't wait to hear how your appt goes. I go next week. When I talked to Robin I asked her what I needed to do before the fill and she said nothing. I asked about eating and she said not to worry about it the first time. So I think you are good. You may need to have something since you will probably be on liquids after.

Pat I don't think I can make the group tomorrow. I'll see what time I leave work.

Congrats Monique! yes eat you gas x strips I lived on those like clockwork. Also, try the Jello, I think it helped to keep the hunger away for me.

Hang in there everybody...I know times are tough but one we have each other for support and things are bound to get better.

For everyone on the 1200 cal pre-op diet, stick with it! I have been somewhat off-diet for a while now. I can't remember when or why I started slacking (I think I blamed school) now I'm having a tough time getting back to it. Ugh! The other problem now, is exercse related. I'm trying to go to the gym as soon as I get home from work but I find that I'm super hungry when I get home so I make dinner first, then I get distracted or fall asleep on the couch or something. I think I might have to have a small snack before I leave work so I can make it through my workout and not be tempted to eat everything in sight when I get home. It's such a learning process. After all I've done these last few months I can still get off track. This is something I have to work at constantly. Jeez, I need that dang band!

Congratulations Monique, you are posting already. Candra and Jes were just as swift (brave ladies). Girl work the GasX strips. The gas in your shoulder will wear off soon. Remember to walk walk walk, also use your spirometer.

Ok this question is to all you bandsters, has anyone of you thought about using appetite suppressants? I am seriously thinking abot it until I get my fill.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Good Morning all -

I thought I could eat a small piece of garlic bread for dinner last night so I ate it and then ate about 5 pieces of cheese tortellini - big mistake. The tortellini came up first and then eventually the garlic bread too. Lesson learned - guess I forgot I had a band.

This week I am trying something new - 1/3 c chicken salad for Breakfast and a Lean Cuisine for lunch - it has worked so far - I was down a pound this morning - now only need to lose 3 more to get back to where I was.

Who else is going to be there on Saturday at Point West?

So I had my appt. with Doc Fisher - he's so great! I told him I was hungry and he said "so what" LOL. Basically it's all in my head because he gave me pics of my new tummy and it is way way way small. I'm down 11lbs since surgery and he was pleased with that.

NO FILL THOUGH :thumbup: My tummy is still inflamed. apparently my hiatal was reletively large and that's why I only got 2.5 - 3.0cc - He traditionally puts in 4. So we will check it out again at 12 weeks for a fill.

Riggie - funny you should ask... I was honestly thinking about getting some primatene tabs - using my asthma as an excuse LOL. For those of you that don't know, Primatene tabs are all ephedra and sudaphed. Ephedra will seriously hook you up on the energy and appitite control. I don't know if the mist is that same thing but the tabs are serious! I elected not to in the end because, while I get a great burst of energy for a few hours there is that crash after. I hate that crash! Here's a thought.... (It just hit me) you could crush them up and put them in your Water and that way it is a slow rush and maybe no crash later... Hmmmm?

Oh, and 64oz of water is unnecessary! Just ask Dr. Dean Edell!

Oh, Tina - glad you're feeling better and kinda envious that you don't want to eat anything right now LOL.

Heather - Trust me when I tell you the band will not fix your current issue! I felt the same way before I got mine and I'm still struggling. It's a mental issue and I know, for me, once I hit the house I ain't leaving to go to the gym! I don't know how you feel about the Atkins fat fast but you will lose a pound a day on it if you can stick to it! I lost 11lbs in 9 days when I was trying to get to pre op goal!

Pammie - I just might kill for some garlic bread one day LOL. I should be there Saturday!

Jes, lemme know if you're going tonight to the meeting in Richmond

Candra - sorry to hear you didn't get a fill, but the doctor knows best - don't want to cause damage to your band or your stomach. Yep, it is the head hunger that will kill us all. We are such emotional beings. I am bored at work today and all I can think of is lunch and I am not even hungry yet.

I really need to concentrate on sitting up straight - don't know why I am slumping, but it is causing my port to poke me and make it hurt. I bent over to pick something up kind of quickly and got an immediate jabbing pain as my port hit my ribs or something. ugh.

Hello All,

Candra-Congrats on the 11lbs! I am so bloated and up 3-4lbs since yesterday. I know this is temporary and probably Water weight.

Reggie-yes I'm posting already. I wanted to let you all know how I was doing asap. Thanks

I am so bloated and my port site is hurting really bad. How long will this last. I get stiff after sitting for a long time. I barely slept last night. I know the first night is hard and hope it gets better real soon. The saving grace is that my babies are at my mom's house until the weekend. I will probably get them back home Saturday afternoon. My mom will need a break and to prepare for work on Monday.

I did have my husband drive me to my personnel office to turn in my Dr slip for work and I had to fill out a work release form. I am back home and in bed now. Just took more meds and I'm beginning to get sleepy. My husband has to go to work for a few minutes so I should be able to get some sleep. I am having my stepfather bring my oldest daughter home at 2:20pm so I can comb her hair and then take her back with him. I have never been away from my babies this long. I miss them so much.

Questions???:thumbup:

Okay, so I'm really hungary. Do I have to stick to 1oz every 15 minutes???? I can I drink the Clear Liquids more freely???

How long will the port be swollen???

I would love to go to the support group meeting tonight! If I could make it!!!! Somebody come get me! I'm in Pittsburg.

LOL:tongue:

I slept in my recliner for at least 4 nights - was just too painful to lay in bed. The port area will hurt for quite a while - that is where the biggest incision is and the port is stitched into your stomach muscle.

I drank as much as I could tolerate - I never measured my liquids.

Oh, Pammie - I have that same problem! My port sometimes hits my ribs and it's sore - I had to ask The Doc where exactly it was located today and he said it was lower down but I told him that it was hard up higher, like under my ribs an he said maybe it is when I stand up LOL. He's so crazy.

Monique, I am surprised that you are so hungry - get yourself a big thing of broth and sip on it - DON'T GUZZLE. That's what I did after about the 3rd day - also, the SF popsicles really help make you (psychologically) think you are eating something - You can have Jello too! Small bites and go slow. Just remember that you don't have alot of nerves in that area so even if you don't feel it, you are swolllen! Wish I was closer to you!!

Oh, and this is the worst you will feel - It will be better tomorrow and each day after that. The port hurts so much because of the muscle it's attached to. Try to keep walking - Oh, getting up and down from a laying down position was almost impossible! I am 6 weeks out and barely feel it anymore - I'd say it takes a good 3 weeks before you don't notice it but again, each day will get easier!

Hang in there - you're doing great!

BTW - by Kaiser's scale this morning - fully dressed - I was 190.5 - feeling like I should change my ticker to match their scale but darn it - I like being in the 180club! - Can we vote? Kaiser scale or home scale??

Hello All,

Candra-Congrats on the 11lbs! I am so bloated and up 3-4lbs since yesterday. I know this is temporary and probably Water weight./QUOTE]

Didn't they warn you "no scale for the first week" LOL.

Candra - I say we use our home scales. I don't even know when I will be going back to Richmond - he didn't say he would see me any time soon or later - my band is as full as it can be unless maybe I lose 20 more lbs so unless I have a problem I guess I am on my own. Not sure that is a good thing.

Hi,

Thanks Candra and Pam for the replies. I think I will be sleeping in the recliner tonight and many nights. The bed is awful.

I think yesterday I was super hungary due to head hunger. Also, my husband made himself some fried chicken wings. Don't tell but... I ate 1/2 of a wing. Never have I chewed something so many times. I got scared and stopped before I ate the entire wing. I love chicken wings. It doesn't bother me for him to eat because I know by summer...I will be hott!!!!!!

Today, I'm not so hungary. I am drinking chicken broth, raspberry Jello and I had a sip of Decaf coffee this morning. Just a sip too because it was Jack-in-the-crack coffee and I am a Starbucks girl.

I do have to stop measuring my liquids though. Because that 1oz every 15 minutes. Isn't enough. Even with 4cc in my band!

Do you all stick to sugar-free stuff? My jello is regular.