Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Most awesome NSV to date. I bought some shorts the other day while at Torrid (after the depressing attempts at finding a Halloween costume elsewhere). The shorts were on sale so I bought a pair (size 20) figuring I'll be back on track and they'll fit in December when we go to Hawaii. Well, I thought I'd try them on to see how far I've got to go, and they fit now. The last pair of shorts I purchased were a 26 back in February. Now I can actually wear a 20. I think I have to go back to Torrid and get a few more pairs for December!

I bet you get a fill Candra.....I lost 12, gained back 4 .....So lost total of 8 and still got a 2cc fill the first time..........so up to 5cc's pretty quick...........I am 5.5cc's right now and at my sweet spot......I will see what happens in a a couple weeks ................but right now I can't handle another fill. I am down 5 right now.......another 5 in two weeks?? I don't know but if I keep losing I will want a fill ..................

Missing everyone. I am home with a sick kid so I am catching up on everything..........yea!! I so needed to catch up and get my place clean............

I agree this band is a good thing for me!! So glad I did it!!

Job hunting right now............checking out Kaiser.

I don't know I am sorta liking my new job too. But I am not sure about the long hours..............to be honest things have been slow lately at work. I was bored yesterday. No pos tox babies born so I sat and waited all day!! From what I hear when things speed up you get 2-3 babies born in one day!! Feast or famine I guess. I asked for more work yesterday cause I was bored and my boss said we have no new cases yet today so I waited until 5pm and still nothing...............but I am waiting for that feast day where I have to much to do and to many babies to deal with..........

Hi everyone! I was looking into the comments that people have made of their doctors and it seems like there is really good ones on Dr. Baggs but none on Dr. Fisher who is going to be my surgeon. I don't know if anyone has had any experience with him? Dr. Fisher seemed very nice but I really liked the comments on Dr. Baggs and his personality.

blahhhh I am additcted to 711 of coffee with splenda LOL...but i am eatting Atkins style, protien protien protien!!! but now its TOM so i am already up a lb and cramping like nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

beat- i had fisher, and changed to baggs. something rubbed me wrong after meeting fisher, but i couldnt put my finger on it. Candra had fisher.

I loved Baggs!! But orginally I wanted Park or Fisher.......I took Baggs because he was the first appointment and I lucked out!!

TOM for me too and I am cramping like crazy too!! Hoping my weight drops after. No wonder I was craving sweet the last couple of days.

Where is everyone!! Or course I am on finally and now no one else is here............****feeling sorry for myself****

Hi everyone! I was looking into the comments that people have made of their doctors and it seems like there is really good ones on Dr. Baggs but none on Dr. Fisher who is going to be my surgeon. I don't know if anyone has had any experience with him? Dr. Fisher seemed very nice but I really liked the comments on Dr. Baggs and his personality.

Hey Beatiz - I have Doc Fisher and so does Heather. He's a little more conservative than Dr. Baggs but I like him. He requires a bit more initial weight loss but if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have tripped off that so much. He does 6 incisions, not 5 like baggs but it is really really tiny and doesn't make a difference. my scars are small and thin and I had ZERO GAS PAIN after the surgery - he got it all out - like that 6th incision may be for an extra suction tube to suck the gas out hahaha. He did a great job! And he's a bit more flexible on the pre op diet plan - told me I didn't have to follow the 1200 cal diet and to go low carb it that's what works for me.... He's realistic. Oh, he's pro RNY - actually, they all seem to be except Baggs. Just be firm on what you want. Analynn got Parks and by the end of the appointment Park had her convinced RNY was the way to go - that is untill she researched the life long hassles of it all. LOL. Again, no worries about the surgery - you are in good hands - BTW: Doc Fisher is the one that got the bariatrics department going in Richmond - he's been at this for many years!! Richmond, from what I've been told, is #4 in the country for bariatrics surgery so NO WORRIES

Oh, Sweet T - all those poor babies born at a disadvantage! Life long struggles ahead of em' Another stressfull position for you.

So, 1/2c of crab w/lemon & scalions and i'm done! Don't feel full or anything but don't want a repeat performance of last nights dinner LOL.

WAY TO GO HEATHER! Doesn't that feel greet. Can you believe something so simple as a number on a tag can make one so excited!! I like torrid!

Yea even with Baggs I sorta felt a pull to go RNY.......but he didn't really push me either way. Just the statistics made me think I should go that way. But Dr. Baggs did say being a vegetarian that RNY could be a problem for me..............but even when I asked him to pick he said no.........you pick!!

I wanted Dr. Fisher for the reasons Candra said. HE started bariatrics at Richmond and that impressed me......but I am glad I got Baggs his personality fits mine better..........

blahhhh I am additcted to 711 of coffee with splenda LOL...but i am eatting Atkins style, protien protien protien!!! but now its TOM so i am already up a lb and cramping like nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl, that lb is just Water weight - stick to Protein and double up on the water-stay away from salt & sodium and you'll do fine. You should avoid the cramps - take tylenol every 4 hours regardless of how you feel - like they said after surgery - it's easier to keep the pain away then it is to take it away once it shows up; stay ahead of it!

Did you talk to Nicole about how to get that cheep Kaiser plan ??

Well I don't know what is going on with the county right now. They are going to start forloughs in two weeks. I am suppose to get a lay off notice by the 23rd...........I have to accept a part time position or quit. Not sure how it will all turn out............they are layin the whole county off and hiring them back part time only..........

So I am considering my options. ............I will probably stay until something better comes up but I am sorta tired of not knowing from day to day if I wil have a job. That and CPS really is messed up right now without 222 workers................things are falling apart.

I think the political games are just as stressful as the actual job. I am sorta getting to old to get involved in all the drama.................I think the county lives the drama. They keep sending us more layoff emails and telling us to tell our unions to back down immediately.......again like I said stupid games!!

Oh I got asked to be back on the leadership commitee at my new office.............I guess my reputation as an advocate preceeds me!! Not sure yet if I want to get that involved............

Yes, I also have Doc Fisher. I'm still about 25-30 lbs from surgery but that's ok! I've lost a lot of weight already and I'm confident that it's all going to work out. Doc Fisher did give me a pre-op weight loss goal of 85 lbs... over half way there! I didn't feel pressured for RNY at all by Doc Fisher. He asked why I was there, I told him.

Tina, that is crazy. The board can't possibly think they're getting re-elected, do they?

Riley- You mentioned skiing somewhere recently, I'm going to plan a family ski trip this year. Haven't been in a decade or so but I have the ski pants (that fit, thanks Junonia.com!) and I'm totally excited. I started looking up Ski-prep workouts so I can be prepared!

Heather I don't know but I won't re elect them!! LOL. I am just sorta watching the mail for my layoff notice. I am already ready for the forloughs but I am actively looking for other jobs too...........

I am sorta just sitting on it and seeing how it goes. I am pretty mellow right now. Just sorta chilling and seeing what happens

I think there will be lots of changes for me in the next year..........I am losing weight again!!

Happy about that.

This celexa has me totally mellowed out.............:-) Feeling pretty good about life at this point. Just know changes are a-coming for me...........

Off to the hospital tomorrow to see two pos tox babies. Both for marijuana so not gonna take the kids but gotta try to get the mother's into some kinda of treatment......wish me luck!! :-)