Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

This friday I have to help my sister in law move - get her stuff from storage and bring it to her place

We'll that's a blessing, I know you are happy about that!

Ok, give NIcole my love. I'll have to catch up with you all next time.

Hey girls! Thought I'd catch up with all of you...it's kinda depressing in a way reading how well you're all doing when I'm not really "working" my band these days. But I guess I've got a good excuse!

I had another unfill last Friday, I'm down to 3.5 cc's and feel much better. I was feeling noticably tighter almost every day and had gotten stuck a few times. Now I can eat anything (rice, Pasta, bread) but I still can't eat alot of it. For example, today I went to Quizno's and got a 4 inch sandwich (turkey, no cheese or mayo, it was healthy!) and was able to eat all but a couple of bites. No chips or anything and I was totally full until dinner. Tonight I had brussel sprouts, zucchini and 3/4 cup of risotto and was STUFFED. I could've eaten just 1/2 cup I think but it was just so good!

I've still only gained 2 lbs and I'm 12 weeks today! I have my 12 week appt tomorrow and will have another ultrasound. I'll be sure to post pics when I get back. I can't wait to see the little baby squirming around and see all the little body parts and know that everything is going good.

Everyone have a good night and I'll post pics tomorrow!!! :o

Hi everyone just checking in;

hard to follow my diet now that I am not working, I want to eat and watch TV LOL...

Weighed myself this morning and back down to 256. 6 lbs to go...come onnnnn 6 lbs!! before Nov 1 PLEASE!!!

As soon as you hit your goal weight, anyone, how soon was your case manager meeting and what dietician meeting?

My case manager appt was quick - I never had a dietician appt. I met with liz then scheduled surgery - could have had it all done within 3 weeks but needed to fit my depo shot it 3 weeks before surgery - it goes by real quick!

Tamra - I was at goal when I saw my surgeon on a Friday, I asked him if I could see the case manager right away, and he personally walked me across the hall and got me an appointment for - Monday! 3 days later - and I had to lose another friggin pound! But I did it! Water water water water water - you want to feel like you are goingto float away, every time you want to eat something make yourself drink a bottle of water first. You'll think you're drowning, but it works!

Chris good to hear from you! Yes baby pics please :-) I can't wait!!

Tina how are you holding up girlfriend?

Hey Candra, hey Jes! It's getting close to getting-together-in-east-bay time/ Pat will carpool down with me! Maybe some sacto people can come over? Let's plan a walking activity (as opposed to an eating one) - or both!

Hey everyone.........headed to bed.

My job is fine don't get me wrong. Just really different and not sure I want to stay here forever. Gonna try it out but also thinking about other options. I sorta feel unsettled right now. Like this is just a stopping point to another destination. I don't know exactly why I feel that way.....maybe I don't totally trust what the county is up to and I sorta know more moves will come along after Christmas and that could again change my position if I don't get laid off. The county is talking massive layoffs in January so hard to feel settled anywhere within the county right now.........Maybe that is why I sorta feel restless like this is not my final destination.

I am not unhappy where I am at. Just not sure about it yet...........certainly alot more time consuming even if not really harder. Sorta the same but different enough that I have moments of confusion!!

Candra I was exhausted for about 6-8 weeks. Even going to the store wiped me out I would have to take a nap. I slept 12-14 hours a day for a month than early nights after work........but my energy came back. But I felt weird to being so wiped out all the time..........it is normal for us Prius's I think......

Great week to all. I put all the Halloween candy away today. Cleaned my house and back yard. Getting ready for the storm.......put my patio set away and the umbrella down for the winter. Ready for fall to hit now!! I have a few blisters but my yard looks great and totally winterized.

Oh next weekend is out for me. I have plans already!! But the 24th I am there.............

Donna will be glad to have you back home!!

Riley I am doing ok. Truthfully I am. Lots of changes the last year and I feel more coming. Seems like when I stared this journey a year ago I was just preparing for a total change in other ways too. So glad I have my health so that all this choas the last month has been easier. A year ago moving jobs would have killed me.........now I might kill someone if they don't stop playing games with my job ;-)

I just think alot o changes are coming and who knew a year ago how much things would change for me...........I had no clue this has been surreal. I started the journey on NOvember 7, 2009...........so almost a year and a world of difference in alot of ways.

Next year?? Big changes too I just feel it.............funny thing was a year ago I was trying to find another job and finally gave up in April after the county went on freeze.......ironic in September I got a new job..........so I got what I wanted in a twisted way...........just thinking about all that tonight.............weird stuff.........

Edited by swrktp

WAtching the Kaiser website for medical social worker jobs the last couple of weeks...........nothing close to home yet unless I want to work per diem.............I might do that one weekend per month just to get my foot in the door...........

ok melatonin just kicked in I am gonna be out here really soon!!!!

Tina that was a smart idea. We did some surface winterizing this evening but the patio set is still out there. My garden is probably shot. I wonder about this storm; seems like when ever they build us up like this it turns out to be a dud.

Rikey I'm thinking more like a birthday toast :o but we can walk too, I guess :confused:

WAtching the Kaiser website for medical social worker jobs the last couple of weeks...........nothing close to home yet unless I want to work per diem.............I might do that one weekend per month just to get my foot in the door...........

ok melatonin just kicked in I am gonna be out here really soon!!!!

try UC Davis their facility is in Sac.

LOL! another woman speaks out about her pannus:

"Let's make sure I'm getting this "pannus" word right first. Is that the belly that hangs over my girl parts? If so, then my pannus has a mind of its own and makes its own decisions. I was leaning over the copy machine to select the number of copies and the machine started copying before I hit "go." I thought the machine was flipping out, but that's when I noticed the 'ol pannus flopped itself on the "go" button for me. It also knows how to type. If I reach to get the phone, it flops onto my keyboard and types faster than me! I can't tell you how many times I've seen rows of X or C going across the screen before realizing my pannus is editing my document. Lop the damn thing off!"