Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh man mike just brought me home a dozen roses what do i do now.. that is so nice of him... i never get roses..

Hi Pat! Welcome to the group! No better place to be! Great group of people here!

I went into the first surgery down 45 pounds. My goal was 34 pounds and I lost 10-12 pounds a couple weeks before orientation. The first failure was due to my liver being too large and fatty. My surgeon fells it is because of the fact that I lost all my weight fast and then there was a five week period that I just maintained the lose. I had a vacation planned long before I entered the program and is why I had to put surgery off one month and didn't lose any more weight. Orientation to first surgery was three months. I was also told I'm pre-disposed o f a large / fatty liver.

My surgeon was very supportive and told me we can try LAP-BAND®®®® again. I was given another goal of losing 40 pounds. Six weeks after the first failure I made goal at my follow-up surgeon visit and he wanted me back on the table soonest. Ten days later and 62 days after the first failure I was back in the OR. The second failure was due to Adhesions from the first surgery. Too much risk when trying to place the band and a high possibility of band failure even if they placed it due to all the adhesions. I'm my doctor's first and second band failure so your success rate is very high whichever doctor you have as band install failures are not that common in Richmond. I was also told I'm the only one at Richmond to return for another surgery after a failure which I find very surprising. I would do another Band attempt but I'm no longer a candidate.

My doctor has been very supportive and has offered me the Sleeve. I will probably go forward with it but both he and I both agree that I should take a break. Once I'm ready which will probably be sometime after the New Year they will give me another surgery date. I don't have to lose any more weight and don't need to repeat any classes which is nice. After losing 85 pounds I'm quite a bit below the BMI needed to get into the program.

I believe Richmond will start offering the Sleeve in the next couple months at orientation. But that is just my opinion... I feel very lucky to have lost 85 pounds, have such a great support group, an excellent/supportive doctor and I believe the Richmond program is excellent. Good luck on your journey, I'm sure it will all work out.

Stick with the ladies here they will help you tremendously!

Nicole - that's ok about not calling me - I just wanted to make sure you were okay and now that I see your posts I know you are okay. You know that machine you were talking about that your friend used to get rid of her bat wing? I went to Curves this afternoon and there was a lady there demonstrating it - she did half of my face and neck and explained the other attachments and gels. How much does your friend sell the kit for? I can get it for $285 which includes a big blue tube of gel for cellulite. She said you have to keep doing it forever or the wrinkles and cellulite will come back.

Candra - wow those cakes are fancy. We watch "Cake Boss" - that's where we learned what fondant is.

Congrats on the surgery date Marquint. Where are in Elk Grove do you live? I live off of Bruceville and Sheldon.

There is no way I have 6 cc in my band. I have absolutely no restriction - I had better restriction at 4 cc than I do now - hopefully I don't have a leak somewhere.

Tomorrow is my "Friday" - I took Thursday off to help with my daughter's class Heritage Feast and Friday is a furlough day.

Thank you for the link I am still trying to figure how to move around and post also thank you for the picture

Nicole I am so sorry about what happened. I know you don't know me yet, but I was in your shoes many many years ago. Most of the time the physical stuff escalates and escalates. And there is nothing that justifies hurting you and you aren't responsible for him losing control. Please take care of yourself and Auds. I've done work at a woman's shelter and they really are there to help keep you safe and help you get on your feet. Just know that you aren't alone and from reading this site there are a few of us who have been there and can offer you alot of support and encouragement. We all have strength we don't know we have.

hey ladies.

Well candra i said just that. He has agreed to anger management. And is already going to a psychologist in a week. We are gonna call and get marriage counseling also.

It came down to me leaving tonight and I dont know if im ready. I actually got sad over it. I was so motivated and everything then i just saw the pain in his eyes and i remembered last time i left and how fast i regreted it. I dont want to do that again. So im thinking one more time with us both getting help.....?

Gosh youd think i havent been taking any zoloft lately... im so indecisive.

So my food choices got even worse this evening. Im gonna get back on track tomorrow i filled a garbage bag with all the junk food including chocolate i havent touched lol. so mike can get it out of here.

Oh tina, oh tina where art thou... tinnnna.. i was about to call u but its nine pm.. but its free for me to call u now lol:)

Hi Pat, thanks for your posting, im in a hard position. I Love my daughter to pieces. And i got him to agree to counceling and anger management..

Well im gonna go to bed my brains thought too much today i need me a break.:(

nite all..

I made a chicken salad and had like a 1/4 cup and was so full! yea. I also ate the skin off the chicken breast it was yummo.

I'm glad I finally felt satisfied.

NIcole, you may still need to have a day or so alone to think, because in the end it has to be what you want. Take care, we'll listen when you need us.

Hi Pat! Welcome to the group! No better place to be! Great group of people here!

I went into the first surgery down 45 pounds.

Six weeks after the first failure I made goal at my follow-up surgeon visit and he wanted me back on the table soonest. Ten days later and 62 days after the first failure I was back in the OR. The second failure was due to Adhesions from the first surgery.

My doctor has been very supportive and has offered me the Sleeve. I will probably go forward with it but both he and I both agree that I should take a break.

John

Wow! You are an inspiration for perserverance.. and 85 lbs is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I just found out about someone I work with who had Lap Band surgery and it didn't work for her. I am meeting her next week to find out the details. She did tell me her brother had the Sleeve surgery around the same time she had the band and he has had much better results - wanted to share to give you encouragement to stick with it.

Analyn - Great news about how well you are doing and losing. The 1200 cal is really really hard - I was hungry all last week and now all this week. I've been adding extra but of the good stuff like veggies or Protein. Tonight was hard - it was my husband's birthday and there are now 2 Coldstone ice cream cup cakes in the freezer calling to me! I'm trying to ignore them but they are kinda loud. I got my scale at Weight Watchers years ago - it was pretty cheap - it isn't digital but it works fine. I do weigh and measure alot - not my veggies so much, but my protein, yogurt, some of my frut. I'm really trying to stick to this because I'm bound and determined this is the last time I lose this F*!X&^% weight.

Jes - sorry its getting hard; reading you makes me understand why they do give 4 weeks off - I can't imagine dealing with all of this and being hungry plus dealing with the stress of work. Meeting in Vacaville sounds good - closer than Sac for me - hope we can work it out.

Candra - you crack me up every night when I catch up on your posts; I can't wait to meet you in person.

Riley - you need to tell us more about the 10K - how did you feel? What was it like?

Nicole google Domestic violence and the honeymoon stage.............you need to read up on things. They promise anything when they are trying to get your back!!

Why didn't the police take him to jail? Did you have marks or bruises? Did the baby?

Seriously I am not convinced he will follow through I think he is just saying what ya want to hear right now.

CPS has either 2 hours or 10 days to respond. If they have not come out or called within 10 days your ok. But if thej police were out and took a report you will probably have CPS at your door in a few days...............I go out on DV stuff ALL THE TIME this is normal proceedure~ I used to be to able to look up names and could tell you if you have a referral in the system but we can't do that anymore.

Edited by swrktp

The 1200 cal diet is hard, but it is a lot of food. I find when I don't stick to the diet, I eat crappy food but not my veggies and things. The first few days were the hardest, I felt like I was starving. That feeling passed. Now, I'm kinda stressing about school and other things and (shocking) I'm eating junk. I even gave serious consideration to buying a bag of M&Ms tonight at school. I even had the money in hand! But I did resist.

I do weight my foods (usually). I got my food scale from weight watchers too, it is digital and I leave it right on the counter. I weigh all my Proteins and pita chips etc. The veggies are measured by volume, not weight. The 1200 cal really has worked for me, these past 2 weeks or so I just haven't been working for me. I don't know if I'm just unmotivated or if its stress finally getting to me.

Whoa, just saw that it's past midnight. Gotta be at work in 7 hours. Later!

Hi Ladies and Gentle man :-).

*Nicole sorry to hear about your dilemma,there is absolutely no excuse! Like Jes said take some time and exercise your options. My father gave me a wonderful advice, he said do not depend on a man solely financially and/or emotionally and always be on guard because you never know when you will be left alone. I have learned a lot from it. You deserve to be treated better than. Send hi to be my husband for a week.... LOL. Clearly he has issues that has absolutely nothing to do with you. Whatever you do please don't purchase his issues out of guilt. Your daughter needs you more. You are a beautiful young lady with a bright future, search find yourself and if he wants to join you set you boundaries or else .....Most men have a hard time with independent women, however they have the utmost respect for those of us who can stand on our own. This is tough let me know if I can be of any support to ya. Care for Auds and live well for you!!!

Jes, I didn't get the fill because I lost 36lbs post op and she felt I was tight enough. I really didn't feel too tight. But dd get a fill 6 weeks later and it didn't do Jack......t.lol As you can see my ticker hasn't moved. I called Robin, my cravings are off the charts right now. Panda Express is my new friend now.... I know I have to kick that habit. Girl you may be at goal by the time you go for your fill.

Candra, sweety how are you? I need to employ your stepdaughter LOL She and I will kick some pastry butt.

Tina, how are you?

Maria congrats on your date, could they have given you a better date LOL... You'll do well.

Has anyone heard from Donna I miss her.

Hi Pam!

Riley Dear how are you?

Edited by reggie71