Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather - I am so proud of you....you are such a trooper with your weight loss!!! I struggled so very much with the initial weight loss and I thank God that my surgeon was so leniant with my goal weight because if he wasn't I probably still would not have my band and it has been almost 3 years since my orientation date.

As it was it took me from Orientation on Nov 14, 2006 to Surgery Day on Nov 7, 2007 (almost one year to the date!!!! My original goal was that I had to lose 60 lbs. I weighed in at 416 on orientation.....I think I lost thefirst 12 lbs no problem then I just struggled so badly. Finally in May 2007 I decided to buckle down and really try (in my own way) not the 1200 cal diet plan.

And when I went for a follow up in Sept to see my surgeon I had lost a total of 30 lbs....my surgeon said oh that's great and went ahead and put me in to schedule surgery. They were soooo backlogged at the time (because this was before Kaiser really started turning people (from Sac) towards Richmond or Freemont so I had to wait 2 months for a surgery date.

But I had the best surgeon EVER and I am so happy that he wasn't as strict as some of the other doctors with me.

Okay I got all off the whole point of this message and that is again....you are such an inspiration to sooo many people. I am so happy for you how well you are doing and I just know you are going to be a hugh success with your new band. I'll be praying for you!

:blushing:

April, that's a good point, thanks! I am eating one of those cups of applesauce now. I guess I'll have some cream of chicken for dinner. Is that good? I don't have any Protein Shots. Maybe tomorrow we can go pick some up. I've been weighing my self morning and night and I still haven't got to my surgery goal yet. So I wanted to at least get there before I moved on but what you say makes sense. I went on a walk too, just so I won't be so lazy. But I'm back in bed watching these crazy lifetime movies :blushing:

Oh my goodness band o' buddies, it is impossible to just pop onto this board anymore! It always takes me to the last post I read, and nowadays there's always 5 or more pages of new stuff to read through! But I can just FEEL our support power, ya know?

I am SO sore! I know I walk a lot and all, but this morning we did 10 miles straight without stopping, apparently "we" felt that if we could do 10 straight miles at this altitude we can for sure do a 10K (6.2 miles) at 6000 feet next weekend . . . . but I ACHE!! My kneews feel sorta grindy, and I don't like that! Maybe cause I did a little bike riding to, well you know, it was there and it looked like the thing to do at the time :-)

Heather I keep meaning to tell you how I get a chuckle "havin my diet coke" every time I pull my pencil out of my purse . . . . I have tried the joke on unbanded friends but it's a no-go for any kinds but us! Thanks for chuckles :-)

Donna love the band name! ANd I think you should go hold those babies! That takes someone very special, like YOU!

Jes & Candra SO glad you girls are doing great! Isn't it great to not want to eat?? Weird, but great :-)

Tina I can't wait either!! I need my Tina fix :-) And I am so happy for those babies they are going to need Tina fix too!

Welcome newbies, so happy you have found us!! That's why we stay on pre-op, so new folks can find us and get support :-) we're the lapband rockstars, for sure!

I think I'm going to have a little nap, and then DRIVE to the store cause I am so done walking today! Oh I forgot to mention when I got home from the 10 miles I ate the HUGEST salad EVER, seriously like 6 cups . . . fill time!!!

April, that's a good point, thanks! I am eating one of those cups of applesauce now. I guess I'll have some cream of chicken for dinner. Is that good? I don't have any Protein Shots. Maybe tomorrow we can go pick some up. I've been weighing my self morning and night and I still haven't got to my surgery goal yet. So I wanted to at least get there before I moved on but what you say makes sense. I went on a walk too, just so I won't be so lazy. But I'm back in bed watching these crazy lifetime movies :biggrin:

I love those crazy lifetime movies...they get addicting!! LOL!

I know most cream Soups are low in Protein but you can only eat what your stomach can handle....just try not to go too long without a good amount of protein. That is one reason I love those shots....because it is such a small amount of liquid for such a high value of needed protein. Which is kinda crucial after surgery and I use them after fills too. Especially since I stay a little swollen in my pouch for longer than most people do after a fill. When I first had my last fill it took me 3 hours to sip that 3 ounce protein shot...then that night I was able to drink in about 30 minutes....so I might have only had like 200 total calories that night I had 50 grams of protein!!!

Enjoy those movies...I'm jealous...I've been at work since 7 o'clock this morning!!! :blushing:

Afternoon all - boy what a boring day. I went to Curves at 9 am -I had an appt to get weighed and measured before I worked out. I didn't get my printout as she was signing up a new member. Did some laundry - went to the library for a few minutes, walked around Target for a while and have been fighting sleep since then. I just taught my daughter how to make Hamburger Helper - we made Wholesome Helper. I had the fake crab stuff for Breakfast and a few nacho chips with cheddar cheese and refried Beans on it for lunch. Going to do the fake crab stuff for dinner. Robin said it was okay to eat it as it is actually just fish (I knew it wasn't crab).

I am losing hair again - the Hair loss doesn't have anything to do with how much Protein you get each day - I always get 50-60 grams of protein a day - everyone one at Kaiser has told me it has to do with losing a lot of weight -it causes stress on your body.

I am up to walking before the meeting on Saturday like last time Nicole - want to meet at 10 am in the parking lot? Are you going to make it Candra and Jess? You both are doing so well post-op. Seems like eons ago since I was post-op.

Why is it I can't wait for the weekend to come and then once it is here it is never what I was anticipating? Work sucks lately so I don't want to be there - can't figure out what is missing in my life - ?

Gotta go - kids are squabbling -

Pam I know what you mean. I was so excited about being off for 4 weeks but now that it's here what am I going to do? I know I'm feeling better everyday I just can't stay in the house. I still have another 3 1/2 weeks to go.

Riley you are going to be ready for the 10k next weekend all the walking you are doing. What time are you coming for your fill? I'm going to meet you over there. I know I'll need to get out of the house then :blushing:

So my excitement of the day is going on another walk down the street. My stomach is bubbling something fierce...wow

That's weird cause all the info I have read on different Weight Loss Surgery sites and my from my nutritionist all say it is from lack of Protein. They say protein is key in growth of hair and nails.

I have heard something a little different with RNY patients that some of it is lack of protein and some of it is rapid weight loss and that both factors come into play for them...but they lose weight super fast!

We don't lose weight that rapidly with the band...if you think about it, it has always been said that "healthy weight loss" is 1-2 lbs a week as per any trainer.

I know for me when I started getting at least 55-60 grams and most days more my hair was shinier and fuller than it had been in a while. Oh well maybe some people are different than others. I'm just going off of what people have told me and what I have experienced.

Heather i agree with april you are a huge inspiration you are doing amazing!

Awww you guys! You're the inspiring ones!

I know the Protein makes a huge difference with the nails. When I was 14 and stopped eating meat my nails were so gross, they split and peeled. I think the hair can be caused by the lack of protein but also by the rapid weight loss. (60 lbs in 4 months... holy cow!)

I just emailed our realtor with 4 houses I found that we like. He said all 4 have already accepted offers. Ugh. This house finding stuff is tough! Our friends just bought a place and it has this great garden on the side. They're tearing out the garden! It's got a raised planter and its fenced in. Why would someone tear out a garden?

Anyway. I'm just hanging out at home, looking online for a house and facebooking. lol.

Hey All

Heather I also really laugh about my Diet Coke pencil......:-) I think it is hilarous!!

Jes we will be at Pinole at 9am on Thursday morning. A group fill........

I am just chilling this weekend getting used to the idea of a major job change. The longer I think about it the more I think I like the idea.............babies might be more fun that dealing with all the teens ;-) But not sure yet where I am gonna be till I get there.........I heard two of us got assigned the same position. Hmm...........Also the budget meetings this week could change my spot. I will be back in my original position if they get additional money........so interesting to see where I actually end up!! I guess I will know 100% next week.........:-)

I am not sure I wanna give up the babies to go back to where I was..........LOL..........but again that is not my choice!! LOL.

Riley excited to see you too..............I am missing my pink slip party to come!!! LOL. I so didn't want to go to that so I am glad...........seems morbid to me!! ;-) I am losing alot of really good friends to the layoffs...........

Donna, I just signed up for the walk!

Wow, thanks Nicole and Heather and Jes! If you click on the link below...it shows our team at #7 on the front page with our names a scrollin! What a blast we will have! Have sent emails to everyone who asked, would enjoy anyone else joining us for the 5K too!

Just dropping in to say hello!

I was 255 the other morning but ate a super heavy dinner of mexican last night *meat and refried beans* then finished it off with some Peanut Butter m&ms.....yikes!!!

tomorrow (Monday) I think I am going to do Atkins to try and knock these last lbs off, and Weds is my next appt., where I am will also stop and have my blood work done.

Candra can you send me the fat fast you told me about?

=)