Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

im super excited i only have 6 lbs to go! and i meet the phys Weds...

Can you guys tell me what happens?? do I take my binder? ??

Hi All, I know many of you don't know me. I'm still around, I read most of the posts, life is just super hectic! I know Im not a bander :( But I like to share.

Its good to see so many of you that were new pre-ops are now new post ops! I wish you all a super speedy easy recovery!

If you're interested in my update you can go to RNY in 3 Weeks I'm now a size 8 from a 20 (at orientation)

Sheena

Hey Sheena -

good to hear from you - don't care that you're not a bander! we love to hear from you and see your updates. You look fabulous! Cute dress so when you're down to a 6 I got dibbs on it!

Yes, some of us (me & Jes) are finally banded - just this week! so thanks for noticing.

Maybe you can PM our LaChica (Analynn) as she has decided to go RNY - you'd be able to give her some better support and all the ins and outs!!

keep up the good work and keep us updated!!!!

Hello everyone!! I have been reading all these posts for the last few hours at work and I am starting from the beginning. All of the information everyone has inputed is awesome. THANK YOu!! I have my orientation on October 5th and will take the advice of so many of you to start working on the 1200 calorie Pre op diet. I am so excited to start my journey. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info....

Welcome Canolie!!

I just got banded Monday and will say that I would not have gotten this far without this forum and these lovely ladies & john (hehe). So stick with us like a 12 step program LOL.

DON'T START THE 1200 CALORIE DIET UNTIL AFTER ORIENTATION AND WEIGH AS MUCH AS YOU CAN THAT MORNING! DRINK LOTS OF Water BEFORE YOU GO IN AND WEAR ALL YOUR HEAVY CLOTHES & SHOES.

Break a leg!!

Tamra, Yes you are suppose to bring your binder but she never asked to see it. I had Dr. Snurr - she was cool. The first thing she said to me though was "you're not typical of the people I normally see here" Hmmmm? Was a little offended like she was saying I was odd or something. anyway, just questions - I recall her asking me who the president was and if I knew where I was and if I ever made mysefl throw up after a meal and if I over eat at a meal how do I react to that. Basic stuff to make sure you are of sound mind & body. Lasted about 15 minutes. No big deal.

Congrats on being so darn close!! i will have that info for you by tomorrow.

Busy day today ladies - it feels go to feel normal LOL.

I made a 3 tier champagne cake, a carrot cake and red velvet cake today. Donna did call me and chastised me already but it is important to know that I didn't lift anything - my husband assisted! Now my step daughter is in there decorating!

so I need to know if Im truly normal or not.... I have absolutely no desire to eat! My tummy is growling on occasion but still, my mouth is tellin my tummy to screw off. I can eat but i don't feel into it at all. Just want to drink Water all day. I did have a Protein Shake this morning - actually I drank 1/2 of it and it took about 3 hours for me to do so. Id take a sip, set it down then forget about it, then sip, set it down & forget about it. Drinking my water though and I had a popsicle today too but that's it. I thought they only fixed the plumbing but it appears that that 6th incision was for my electrical too.

Pammie - I will admit that when you were talking about your lunch it sounded yummy and for a split second I wanted a bite LOL.

Tina I'm doing great. thanks for asking. It's like I'm waiting for the bomb to drop because i shouldn't feel this good - like I'm going to have deferred pain next week haha. Hope things work out for you~

Maria - yes, the rash is still there but I didn't bother to call my PCP - I think it was the soap too cuz it hasnt spread or gotten any worse. I started putting cream on it today and making sure I rinse it periodically with water. If anything changes I'll contact my PCP but I dont feel like going to see him right now.

hi everyone,

Pam I added you as a friend :( don't know how you got missed.

Conolie, welcome to the group, yes there is a wealth of info here. Good luck with your orientation.

Tamra, like I said you will be scheduling your date in no time. This is the exciting part.

Riley, Tina, Nicole, been a little MIA how's it going?

Heather did you email Doc Fisher? don't let those people in the med office get to you.

I've had a pretty good day. I made a little broth with sautéed onions. I didn't eat the onions just added for flavor. Anyway it was good. I only had a 1/4 cup. also had a Jello cup. Can't believe that I'm satisfied with just that. I didn't make it to the mall. Hopefully I can go tomorrow, I just want to get out of the house. I was able to walk down the street about 3 blocks and back, 3 times today but it was a little hot so the mall may be more comfortable.

hey Jes, you can come to the cocktail party tomorrow with me and meet bridezilla! Bring Robert - he can have sangria and cake & there will be ice cream that everybody on here loves to eat LOL. Seriously, it will be really mellow and low key so if you want to get out let me know!

Canolie welcome to the group! Stick with us! Those who do make it far:)

Candra doll you are normal. I didnt wanna eat post op, but i did, because it was exciting to see just how little i needed. ALSO, i got nauseos.. but i also didnt ever do Protein shakes.. your gonna hate me for sayin this, but if you added the cals and carbs from that and the cals and carbs from what jess is eating i bet shes eatin less... Even with just a 1/2 shake.. :( But good job for not tasting what you baked.. thats a goooood job:)

But yes your normal, at this stage its more of a Fun to see 1/4 stuffs you turkey stuff:)

Jess good job:) Im so happy for the both of u!!!

Donna: lol you are such a mother figure gotta love it!

Tamra always take your binder. They send people home if they forget it. Chris went to my appt with liz, and liz said where is your binder, she said this is nicoles appt, liz said i dont care bring it to every appt... so thats good to know:D

Ok im gonna go to the gym you all just motivated me oh and the 2 Cookies i had at dinner:D

My scars are starting to itch and the puffiness is starting to go down thank goodness the gas is subsiding. I don't really have any pain except around the port. So I can say I feel good too! yea

Thank you so much everyone for welcoming me!! This is a huge journey ahead of me and its nice to know there are others out there so willing to give any information. My orientation in at Point WEst in Sacramento on the 5th of next month so a little over 2 weeks away YAY!! I have been reading so much stuff and its awesome. So here are my questions hehehehe...... I called into my PCP this morning and asked for a referal for the Nut and Psych, I got a call back from both to schedule appointments. Is it ok to get both of those appointments out of the way before orientation or is it pointless? Once I go to orientation, how long does it usually take to get a Surg apt? I have read on here some get them right away and some it takes a month or so. Do they schedule you at orientation? (i read that too) AND then.... Once I am done with orientation and I start the 1200 cal diet, whats the time frame and what happens next??? I guess I am jiust a little confused on the order of things... Im sorry for asking so many questions but you all see so helpful. Does everyone live in or near Sacramento?? Thanks again everyone .

Nicole

Boy you guys were chatty last night.

Smilin_Apple - I have been banded a long time and I am concerned about you - you aren't eating any real food - you definitely need an unfill - if you keep up the way you are your band is going to slip and you will have a real problem. You should be able to eat at the very minimum 1/4 cup dense Protein three times a day. If you can't do that at this point in your journey, you are too tight. Please contact your surgeon.

Candra - your incisions look pretty normal to me - mine looked like that too. I couldn't see Jess' picture.

I bruise easy now too - I have a bruise on my lower left calf that is about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide where my son's bike fell on me - it is now about 4 different colors and is really ugly and painful. I asked Robin about my many bruises and she said it is because now that I have lost weight and don't have all the padding, the bruises show more.

I put my bag of clothes in the trunk for next Sat's support meeting.

I got teriyaki chicken for my daughter, myself, and her teacher for lunch today. I had about 1/4 cup chicken and 1/3 cup sticky rice - no problems. So nice to not be pbing, but I can really tell I have less restriction - I wonder if Dr. Park took out more than 1 cc? The syringe she showed me seemed kind of fat.

Nicole - how is Auds doing with the potty training?

Tina - hope the news you get is not as bad as you are anticipating.

Riley, Donna, Maria, Heather, and anyone else I have missed - hi - and keep up the good work.

Here's to making good choices this weekend - I am going to try really hard.

I would normally agree with that but that isn't an everyday thing. For example today I feel like I am slowly able to eat more food again...I also feel like my stress level has decreased tremendously and so far today I have had...

Protein shot

Water w/crystal light

Hot Tea

Chicken broth w/3 wheat thins

2 Miniature chocolates

Chicken Broth w/ 8 Wheat Thins and 1/4 c. rice pudding

Water

and I am still not done.

I think my band was swollen from throwing up and it is slowly feeling better. I go to SSF on Oct. 7th (I think that's the day) for another appointment so I plan on scheduling to see my surgeon or Phys. Asst. (who normally does my fills) that day if i am still this restricted. But I feel like I am hydrating better finally and I would like to stick it out as long as possible. I am so so very close to hitting the 200's only 8 more lbs as of yesterday left to go!!! But I know, I know, my health is more important and if it gets worse i will go in sooner...it is just sooo hard to get time off at work especially since we are short staffed and I am working 6 day work weeks when I am only supposed to be working 4 days due to furloughs!!!!

Jes, glad you feel good too. It's great to know we did it and the worst is over!

Nicole - I totally agree that jess probably ate way less in calories then I did but i just can not stomech anything warm or hot right now. It's so weird! the Soup I made the other day was yummy but I couldn't eat more than 2 bites - it feeling warm was so so so yucky. so the shake has 160 cals and I only drank 1/2 so I've had 80 cals, plus 1 sugar free popsicle (don't know the cals) and Water today - that's about all I can stand. For the first time in my life my head is telling me I'm completely full when I know my tummy isn't but my head is winning - as usual LOL.

Have fun at the gym!