Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ooh, its 11:00 and tomorrow is cake bakin day - I got a 3 tier champagne cake, a carrot cake & red velvet cake to make - gotta hit the sack so I can get up early.

nighty night all

Hi All, I know many of you don't know me. I'm still around, I read most of the posts, life is just super hectic! I know Im not a bander :biggrin: But I like to share.

Its good to see so many of you that were new pre-ops are now new post ops! I wish you all a super speedy easy recovery!

If you're interested in my update you can go to RNY in 3 Weeks I'm now a size 8 from a 20 (at orientation)

Sheena

Super quick post since I have to be at work soon. I'm starting to lose a lot of hair! I know its normal but still annoying. It's not like you can see it, it just seems like there's twice as much in the shower. Ugh. Have a great day everyone!

morning....Heather I think it might be stress. Try not to worry.

I'm feeling good this morning. I'm ready to leave the house, like go to the mall or something. My gas is starting to come out so maybe it's not such a good idea LOL.

- don't tell Riley Jane but right after my shower today I popped in the kitchen and made two cheesecakes - they're in the oven now.

Bad girl! LOL

I have 6 more pages to read through then I'll come back and post - between work tasks that is.

Good Friday morning my lovelies!!!

Good morning ladies. So glad to hear Jess and Candra things are better for you. You guys will be out and about in no time. Candra- I think that rash had to do with the soap u used. I use dove too the fragrance free one cause I have sensitive skin too. Is the rash still there?

Heather: the Hair loss sucks i know:( Im so sorry, you are looking beautiful:)

Jess: Have fun at the mall:)

Candra.... the cakes... you are being very brave.. Remember to try and take breaks:) Id have to say though you are a good friend.

Riley: Good morning:)

Hope everyones havin a great morning.

Good Friday Afternoon Lovely ladies & all!

Just finished me pratice 5K, went well but sweaty, gotta get out earlier! Candra, u are so right now noticing hands swelling during walk! What is up w/ that, Riley? Does it help if swing them 90 degrees more? Also, Riley, the 5K, measured in miles, I have found where it says, 3.1 miles and 3.3 miles?

Maria, how did the job interview go? How are our newbanders doing? Tina whas up? Nicole, whas up for exercise today? How is everyone else this weekend, dont forget...water Water water! (Remindin meself)

Hope everyone keepin it cool! :biggrin:

Exercise?? whats that? Oh my ive gotten lazy again lol.. hmm.. thats not good huh. Hey hey i have an idea.. i did laundry! I chased a 2 yr old to the bathroom.. uhm i did dishes! oh wait i didnt i did the kitchen around the dishes:) hmm i vacumed.. thats about it. I will attempt to go running tonight.. i just have no energy lately at all.

Very proud of you mrs donna! Yeah im no riley lol.. she does enough exercise for every one of us on this board!!!:biggrin:

Hey Maria how do I get on that list? I need to be on every list I can be.......Maria your strong already going through a layoff and job searching. I don't know how you do it I am stressed after a month of all this.........

Candra and Jes how you guys doing??

Heather still losing my hair. I am hoping it slows down here soon. I have all these spikey hairs growing in everywhere now.........LOL. So there is hope!!

Well busy, busy......should get reassigned today sometime but still waiting. Don't know if it will be email or phone call or mail...........could be in my work inbox on MOnday I guess...........no one knows.

Hello everyone!! I have been reading all these posts for the last few hours at work and I am starting from the beginning. All of the information everyone has inputed is awesome. THANK YOu!! I have my orientation on October 5th and will take the advice of so many of you to start working on the 1200 calorie Pre op diet. I am so excited to start my journey. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info....

Tina- I allied back in December and tested and passed so I get alerts when a Position is open that I can apply for. If you go to spb.ca.gov you can check out testing.

Well had the interview this morning and went pretty good I think but I wont know till next week.

Ok so because of reading everyone's posts, I just got a call from kaiser that my dr already forwarded a referal over to the Nutr and I left a message for Pysch. I am freakin out how quick. Now I just have to wait until orientation and I can start the diet. Thanks again all for the help!!

Boy you guys were chatty last night.

Smilin_Apple - I have been banded a long time and I am concerned about you - you aren't eating any real food - you definitely need an unfill - if you keep up the way you are your band is going to slip and you will have a real problem. You should be able to eat at the very minimum 1/4 cup dense Protein three times a day. If you can't do that at this point in your journey, you are too tight. Please contact your surgeon.

Candra - your incisions look pretty normal to me - mine looked like that too. I couldn't see Jess' picture.

I bruise easy now too - I have a bruise on my lower left calf that is about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide where my son's bike fell on me - it is now about 4 different colors and is really ugly and painful. I asked Robin about my many bruises and she said it is because now that I have lost weight and don't have all the padding, the bruises show more.

I put my bag of clothes in the trunk for next Sat's support meeting.

I got teriyaki chicken for my daughter, myself, and her teacher for lunch today. I had about 1/4 cup chicken and 1/3 cup sticky rice - no problems. So nice to not be pbing, but I can really tell I have less restriction - I wonder if Dr. Park took out more than 1 cc? The syringe she showed me seemed kind of fat.

Nicole - how is Auds doing with the potty training?

Tina - hope the news you get is not as bad as you are anticipating.

Riley, Donna, Maria, Heather, and anyone else I have missed - hi - and keep up the good work.

Here's to making good choices this weekend - I am going to try really hard.