Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina who did you call??? Call the roseville they get you in within 10 days they said. And they did me atleast. call 19169735300 thats the number they got for me to schedule appts.

Oh pam thank you!!! I love dvds for baby:D

ALSO GIRLS, i must report audrey is rejecting the diaper again, and hasnt had a mistake yet.. Pee pee on the potty 3x now! Shes been up since about 9 lol. So shes doin good.. and shes taking ME there! Whats really funny is she went in there went came outclapping her hands saying YAYAYAYA lol.

Good morning all,

Feeling much better today, no dry mouth. I still have a lot of gas pain. I’ve been taking those gas x strips but I don’t think any of it has moved. In fact I think I’m having a hard time peeing. I know I’ve been sipping Water but who knows. Yesterday I had 2 popsicles and 1 Jello cup. I don’t know how much water but I think it was more than the 20 oz I’m supposed to have.

Ok, I wanted to post my surgery day story, partly because I wanted to remind myself. ☺

First off I couldn’t sleep the night before got up about 1:30am and went downstairs to watch tv, dozed off and woke up at 5:56am supposed to be there by 6:45 “Oh shit” Don’t know how but I was checking in at 6:47. Got called back at about 7am. Rick was my nurse, very funny guy. He kept telling me not to start nothing and joking around with me. So he closed the curtain I changed and he had me get on the scale and let him know what it said, I was honest (188 lbs) so I gained 1 lb since the appt with Liz. Anyway I get in the comfy green chair and soon Icy comes running in apologizing to Rick for being late. She was super sweet, got my IV going. The anestsiologist (forgot her name) comes in and tells me what the plan is. Then Dr Park comes running in, slacks cute top and high heeled sandals black toenail polish and her purse. Everybody’s running late! She goes over a few things and says I’ll meet you in the operating room. I walk down the hallway with the anestologist, like Candra says, dead man walking! Into the cold bright operating room the bed looks like I’m about to be nailed to the cross. I hop on they wrap my ankles and then Dr Park comes in I say wow that was quick, she says I had to change into my pajamas so I’m ready. All women in there, I joke about women being able to handle it. They go over everything again, oh I saw Dr Baggs earlier in pre op so I think he was my assisting. The anestisiologist (ok I can’t spell that word) says she is going to give me some thing to relax me and that was it. Next thing I know I’m in the green chair, don’t know anything else, how did I get there?

In and out of consciousness, I lay there. I think I had them give me some pain med in the IV. First time I look at the clock it’s 10:45 I think. The nurse tells me they are going to get me ready for xray. That was a joke, I was really quizze they guy stands me up in the xray booth and leaves me there while he mixes the drink and looks for the doctor WTF? So I had to call him back so I could sit back down. We get that done and on my way back to the green chair we pass a mirror and my lips are covered with white stuff. Why didn’t he tell me to wipe my lips? Goodness. Now I wait mouth is hella dry for Dr Park to give me the go ahead to go home. 12 then 1p no Dr Park. I over hear the nurses talking about her and there must have been some type of issue with the person who went after me, don’t know. I finally see Dr Park and she says everything went well she kept asking me if I had questions but I couldn’t think of any. I told her I would email her if I did, she said ok but call if it can’t wait. I really liked her. Now time to get dressed. Bonnie the nurse asks if I needed help. I say yes with my panties. So she starts telling me about this patient she had the other day who she told just to go without panties. Then I started talking about my scars and how they looked. She told me that this same patient was worried about the same thing. It was kind of funny because I knew she was talking about Candra. She said oh yea, she said her buddy was coming in. Soon after I was on my way home, newly banded!

Yea I’m so happy, I can’t wait for some of the gas pain to go away.

Wow, this is a looong post sorry ☺ I know i really appreciate reading other surgery day stories so hopefully, maria, heather, tamara,la chica, and kim will too. You're next.

Edited by smallerj

I called the surgery dept to tell them I haven't really pee'd. Dr Baggs gets on the phone and tell me I should be outside walking around the block. He said the anesthesia stops everything and walking will get it going again... unless I want to come in and have them put a catheter in...hell no!! I'm getting dressed and heading outside. I really do think Baggs was in there because the recovery nurse called after that and told me that Baggs will be calling me at 12 to check on me. I think I need to pee before that cuz I sure don't feel like going back to kaiser today.:thumbup:

Hey all -

First thing I need to say is that I started tearing when reading about the animals - I can't take it!

jes, glad you're up & on line - I feel really good today - didn't get to shower yesterday so my husband promised that as soon as he finished working out we'd shower. I'm ready to venture outside today - get some sun & fresh air but my husband is still skeptical.

Kim - upset with you! really wanted you to come saturday but - I will forgive you if you come to the next one LOL.

tina - hate to hear about all the stress you're under - that really can take it's toll on your health! PM is private message.

Oh, boy - I already forgot what i wanted to say to everybody -

Tamra - let us know what Baggie says.

Did I mention that all my scars are straight LOL sorry jes - just had to throw that in there - not to mention, they all look like thin little lines too - Tamra you may want to switch back to Doc Fisher - he got all the air out too! i would highly recommend him to everybody! he was also very encouraging telling me that he was excited for me at that all my hard work (losing the pre op weight) was about to pay off! Ayesha - my nurse told me that they do "way too many of these operations" daily. don't think she approved of them but she was so sweet anyway.

Heather - I know you'll get that 20lbs off quickly - i still can't believe how fast you lost the 60 - not that I didn't have faith in you or anything but, you know....! hard to do!!

Ok, Kim, Tamra, Maria - no carbs ladies! lotsa Water and NO CHEERIOS!

April - you haven't mentioned the accident - are you still sore? how are you feeling???

Pammie - you good now that you got your unfill?

Nicole - my baby is growing up so fast :thumbup: I too wish I was raised with more knowledge of religion. My father was an alter boy but by the time i came around he was all done with that. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me! Beating my mom, cheating on her, drinking - shooting up drugs.. not very alter boyish if you ask me LOL

Hello thursday Ladies.. & John...

Wow Jes...so proud of you, the long post no matter, it has to be told! Candra & her Al fresco, lol. So glad you ladies are coming along so well, pls dont hesitate to post or call, even when not feelin so hot, we are here for that toooo! Right Reggie..

Tina, keeping u in mind, pls, drink your Water & breath...too.

The time with Angel went well, she & hubby are doing a marriage retreat, so yes, she ask me to lead...again! She wil no doubt be at the October group, we had a good time just chatting. So I truly neeeeed me ladies at group, hehehe. Don't know what visuals I might have or 'do', lol.

Nicole, am here for ya hon, are you on YIM? Ok, finally waking up, had to take a nap, worked 3 long days, but worth it. It is prob good, or I would've been bussing it to see our newly banded ladies!

Healthy hello to all our bandsters, and pre-oppers...getting ready for on deck! :thumbup:

Edited by roseyyyd1

Hello ladies!

I went in for my weight check at Elk Grove today. I had made the appt for 8:15 when the office opens. The boyfriend decided to take today off and go to the appt with me. We get there about 10 minutes early and the office is dark and locked. When they open up I'm the first one there. It takes over 20 minutes for them to call me in. They called everyone else in, and the first guy in even left before I was brought in. The boyfriend was getting pissed. I was too! I still don't think I should have to make an appt, especially since I wait over 20 minutes when I do have an appointment, and I think I waited less when I didn't have one! Boyfriend was shocked at how little time it took. I handed him my purse, the door shut and I came back out. Less than 30 seconds. Seriously. However, I'm officially under the first goal Doc Fisher set for me (btw Candra, love that you've got tiny, straight incisions!). I'm emailing Doc Fisher and then I'll schedule my psych eval! I wonder if I should call Kaiser myself and schedule it?

Congrats Heather...you go girl! I would 'politely' call to ask about sched the appts. BTW...when meeting with your surgeon/Liz, I would def speak up how difficult it was just to get a weigh-in...i.e. when req by surgeon!

Tina - I went to the Elk Grove Kaiser, but the South Sacramento one works the same. It is hard to tell if the Celexa is working as I was on Prozac and switched so I can't tell the difference.

Go Heather - I had an appt not too long ago at 7:30 at the Elk Grove Kaiser to see my therapist - I arrived at 7:20 like they tell you to and the door was locked - I could see the receptionist in there and she could see me - but no she didn't come let me in until 7:30 - I was pissed -so by the time my therapist comes and gets me it was already 7:40 - I told her about it and said hey I'm here to reduce my stress and you guys are causing stress - of course the appt ends at 8:30 even though I started late. geez.

I went out to lunch with my project mates - 4 of us - I took my little 1/2 c of refried Beans in my pocket, but ended up ordering bean and cheese nachos - I am starting to wonder if Dr. Park took more than 1 cc out of my band as I was able to eat about 1 cup of nachos with no pain or pressure. What?

Congrats Heather! I never made an appt - I just showed up at my PCP's office and said I need to be weighed and have it documented for Dr. Fisher in Richmond LOL Yeah, Doc Fisher did a good job - I'm impressed and oh so happy that he got all the gas out - just a little shoulder pain when taking a deep breath in on the day of surgery and thats it! Straight lines, unlike Jes' - sorry Jes!

Reggie, dont think I got more strength than any of you gals - I think I was just so fortunate that the Doc got all the gas out - Seriously, not one burp, not one fart nothing - no bloat, no gassy pain - Nada! PORT IS SORE AS HELL! but it's a small price to pay - not so bad today thought - don't tell Riley Jane but right after my shower today I popped in the kitchen and made two cheesecakes - they're in the oven now.

Jess thanks for sharing that story.

Candra- I know no more cheerios...my hubby said I should eat those everyday to reduce my cholesterol. My doctor said it was to high and wanted to put me on pills but I am not having that so I'm trying to lower the cholesterol, I'm afraid my surgery will be delayed because of the cholesterol.

Heather- Congrats you are very close..just an FYI I never make appts for a weight check I just walk in.

Candra...you naughty girl...gee.. we won't tell...hehehe.

Jes, I didnt walk outside at all, I live on a hill so I just hit my treadmill and did laps around the house. i began peeing like a race horse the in the middle of the night Monday night. Its slowed down now. My mouth would really like to eat something but my tummy isn't too keen on the ides. what a dilema - this may be the very first time that my tummy wins the argument with my mouth - to eat or not to eat Hmmm?

No word from Robin but Jes said that she heard her say that she's not going to call just to move us from Clear Liquids to full liquids - I didn't write that down but today is day 3 so maybe, if I feel up to eating, I will try some cream of rice or some pudding or something.

Gonna try to see a movie today or something!

Congrats Heather! I never made an appt - I just showed up at my PCP's office and said I need to be weighed and have it documented for Dr. Fisher in Richmond LOL Yeah, Doc Fisher did a good job - I'm impressed and oh so happy that he got all the gas out - just a little shoulder pain when taking a deep breath in on the day of surgery and thats it! Straight lines, unlike Jes' - sorry Jes!

Reggie, dont think I got more strength than any of you gals - I think I was just so fortunate that the Doc got all the gas out - Seriously, not one burp, not one fart nothing - no bloat, no gassy pain - Nada! PORT IS SORE AS HELL! but it's a small price to pay - not so bad today thought - don't tell Riley Jane but right after my shower today I popped in the kitchen and made two cheesecakes - they're in the oven now.

TWO CHEESECAKES!!! You are a brave woman. That's my fear I love to bake and eat..that would be to much temptation fro me. how the hell do you do it?!!:thumbup:

You know Maria - it's the funniest thing... I really DONT want to eat right now. Now, a week ago would have been a real problem but right now it's not big deal - makeing them for bridezilla's party Saturday - which, by the way, the groom to be told her last night that he doesn't think their relationship is going to work - Hmmm. Anyway, don't want to eat anything - I don't think I have any Fluid in my band because I don't feel it in there at all - dont feel anything when I sip my Water or eat my Jello but just the port thing and the incisions gross me out! I have no desire to eat - still a little thirsty though.

Wow - I decided to try to eat something so i had gotten this Soup - pacific natural foods brand - buttery sweet corn - it's really good - and it's thin, no bits, no need to strain or puree. Jes, I think you got the same one - it's good!