Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Glad to hear from u Cuz!!!!... :biggrin:I met with my case manager but not my surgeon yet. She wanted me to bring my cholesterol down, take care of my Vitamin D Deficiency and get approval from my Cardiologist. I take an extra pill for my Cholesterol and take a high dose of Vitamin D. I met with the Cardiologist and she made me take a treadmill test. I'm all ready to go now I just need to lose the 10lbs. I hope whenever I lose the 10 my cholesterol has dropped and my vitamin D level is normal. I will not be able to make it to the meeting on the 26th but i will definitley try to make the next one.

I wish they would start doing fills in the north bay - maybe at the San Rafael center, or better yet Petaluma!! I just don't think that there are enough Kaiser banded patients up here, maybe 10 in Sonoma County unless there's a lot from SSF. I do know 1 other gal banded by Dr. Baggs like 2 years ago but that's it, he's the band guy for Sacto but Santa Rosa Kaiser refers only to SSF now. ANY ways. I'm going to stop typing and go read now . . . .

Candra, how are you girlfriend? I can't believe you are posting so much. You got strength chic! I'm glad to see you here so soon!

Jes Congratulations and hope you are feeling good.

Tamra, Heather and Maria you girls are next.

Donna it's good to hear from you too!

Riley I am really close to stess leave. I am on a waiting list to see a psychiatrist though!! 2 months so it won't happened real soon. Seriously I might not have insurance by than.......but I could easily get stress leave at this point. We have two people in our office out..........seriously someone died this week in our office.....she got laid off Friday and dead monday morning..........she was stressing big time.........they don't know what caused it but stress didn't help......another lady out with a stroke. She ended up in the hospital two hours after her pink slip..........of course all overweight and health issues before........I am glad I at least have some weight off me and I am feeling better physically..........I don't want to end up on stress leave if I can help it!! Maybe whe the dust settles if I am still so stressed out...........

I made sure I got the Celexa today. Asked Dr. Baggs he said he couldn't do it. But I chased my PCP down and diagnosed myself!! LOL. I know what I needed to say to get it done today. I wanted Paxil but ok I am gonna try this other one cause it is suppose to NOT cause weight gain which is always my concern. Effexor did nothing but bloat me up so I stopped................50 is six months ah no thank you!!

I know the kids are not my responsiblity. But if one dies I get fired immediately. And I can be sued. We were told to get liability insurance this week cause things are gonna get crazy and the county can't defend/protect us against personal lawsuits......everyone is gearing up for the worst.

I started the Celexa tonight. Still on the BP meds too. I have been having heart pain all week and still the light headedness. I was home from work yesterday. I think the fainting has alot to do with all the ups and downs at work and the frantic pace we are trying to keep.............not getting enough sleep and my house is a daiaster right now!! Letting that go......

Found out today the job I applied for is in my mom's unit so I can't get hired. I have to wait until another position comes up. My mom and I can't work for the same supervisor.............but hopefully something opens up in November in a different unit..........

I have a three day weekend and I need it!!! Than training next week Mon-Wed and than Thrusday a group fill. So tomorrow and next Friday are my last days at my current office. Suppose to get my reassignement letter on Friday than my forlough letter on the 25th. We are going to forloughs two days a week starting November 8..............

Going to bed. I am not on as much cause I am to tired but once I get my second wind or the Celexa kicks in.........:-) I will be back online more!!

Edited by swrktp

Hang in there Tina all will be well. I know this is a stressful moment for you but know that you have much support here!

John, Kim welcome to the group!!!

Maria keep up the good work. Riley Jane I miss ya! I'm n struggling world right now so you guys please keep me in check. :)

Thanks Reggie I know a couple of months from now this will be a memory!! I have been through worse before.........I know the good and bad cycles around!!

I think this is my chance to make a career change and do some stress reduction. Dr. Baggs and Liz have and Dr. Schue........is that the pyschologist name at Kaiser bariactrics.......they all have talked to me before this and changings job......stress is not good for health.

Riley: I am a legal writer you betcha I am putting in a legal disclaimer on all my cases. "Due to the budget Social worker Paxton has been instructed to close out this case without completion of six months of services. It is the assessement of said Social Worker that the family would have benefitted and the safety of the children would be better addressed if the families were monitered the full six months. However worker has been instructed by supervisor and PM that cases MUST be closed out on this date with a safety plan in place. It is the assessment of said worker that this is not adequate plan to protect the children in the home. Due to lack of funding it appears the children will be a greater risk of abuse and or neglect in the home. SW Paxton is not in agreement with closing the case at this time but is following through on order from upper management."

Not sure how it will go over but I am not up for a lawsuit right now. Alot of my co workers are doing the same thing.

my eating is not great right now either Reggie........that is why I am still checking in cause I don't 'feel like checking in the last week!! LOL. I just wanna chill when I get off work but I am afraid where that will lead...............

Down two pounds today. But that is 2 of 4 I was up...........I don't know if I will get a fill or not since I am not losing. I will be luck to be back where I started.

GEt this stress and TOM and still not tight...............wouldn't even know I have a band!!

Pam id love the dvd!:drool:

Tina: you have my prayers, i so would hate to be in your shoes. How sad, id be crying all the time. When you told me about the animals i actually considered adoption, but i need that like i need a hole in my head.. But soo sad! How heart breaking! :(You know though, i mighta done something smart i applied for the animal control a couple months ago.. and since its all on freeze, and then they will be doing hiring after, i might have a shot.. :) which is sad for who is on right now, but im sure they are getting major lay offs too...

Riley: you are so amazing. 6 miles wowie! I wish. Actually no i dont lol i hate working out, have i said that before i HATE WORKING OUT! Ok:) now that we all know.. donna im doin that walk with you i might run some of it:) Depending on how i feel, did u make us a team name? We should get shirts made...

Donna: big comfy couch??? 10 second tidy? im lost... lol im singing "i love you, you love me we're a happy family" .. lol:)

So, tonight i went to my passion party monthly meeting it got me remotivated so im thinking of seriously going back that way. We will see what happens.. I did help support my family that way.

OH also i got an interview!!! For an on call position between 8-15 hrs a week 10.00 an hour and I BRING AUDS!

Tonight though at my meeting i had someone ask how i did it.. weight loss that is.. and you know I LIED TO A FRIENDS FACE OMG I FELT AWFUL I STILL FEEL AWFUL.. She asked if i got surgery, i said no.. that i work out and eat right as i looked at a plat eof cake eek.. lol.. oh well.. but i felt so bad but if i told her id loose all the respect.. i know this cause who does know about my surgery isnt giving me any credit! ALSO.. idk i didnt wanna tell:( its my personal biz.

BUT there was a chick there size 4.. she says.. she didnt seem so small but whatever she says shes lost 95.. exercise and diet.. but she cant have ANY SWEETS.... i think she went rny.. idk..i dont know if i believe her hole story.. but i guess it could be true.. but why no sweets...

I love my band, i can have some sweets.. have a high day and not worry about getting huge again.. We used to get huge off of one bad day... ok im done rambling sorry..:lol:

Did I say I am upset about the animals getting killed in 3 days and not getting their full five?? Oh dear that has me as upset as my possible layoff..............makes me naseaus really!! I mean CPS need the money but OMG all those babies in the cages..............ok I just can't think about that anymore!! I can't stand animals being treated like that!!

Tina that makes me sick too.. im not happy at all about these animals.. this is actually probably gonna bug me for a couple days:((

Riley: I am a legal writer you betcha I am putting in a legal disclaimer on all my cases. "Due to the budget Social worker Paxton has been instructed to close out this case without completion of six months of services. It is the assessement of said Social Worker that the family would have benefitted and the safety of the children would be better addressed if the families were monitered the full six months. However worker has been instructed by supervisor and PM that cases MUST be closed out on this date with a safety plan in place. It is the assessment of said worker that this is not adequate plan to protect the children in the home. Due to lack of funding it appears the children will be a greater risk of abuse and or neglect in the home. SW Paxton is not in agreement with closing the case at this time but is following through on order from upper management."

Not sure how it will go over but I am not up for a lawsuit right now. Alot of my co workers are doing the same thing.

I was just going to suggest you do that! Smart girl, cover your ever-shrinking behind!

Nicole, I tell people that I can't have sweets. Because once I start, I can't stop! When someone asks if you've had surgery.. deflect! Just say, "I eat smaller portions, I don't snack between meals, and I don't drink soda" all true...!

I wish I had my measurements done by someone other than myself. I can never tell if I'm measuring in the same spot or not. If my measurements are correct, I've lost 9 1/2 inches from my bust. Holy Cow. I feel like I'm totally reaching for something to put in my success column. Like, I feel like I haven't lost anything in a while so I keep trying to find successes. But, I'd say a 9 1/2" smaller bust is a win, and fitting into my green dress (December/Hawaii goal dress) are successes. Why do I feel like I'm a failure though? I know I've done well. My head knows it, but I don't always feel like it. It's like I dwell on the negatives. I didn't exercise tonight (or last night either). Why do we do this to ourselves? I'm a little frusterated tonight. The work stress thing is crazy too. I've never felt stress like this. It's better right now than it was 2 months ago, but I feel like I can't make plans for the future because I could lose my job. Oh, and my skin likes to break out with the stress. Thanks alot skin!

Yeah heather i said that.. and she asked AGAIN! like four times. I hope she just moves on. YOU GO GIRL!!! 9.5 inches though you can give that to me.. im loosing my boobies:(

SO...

Everyone here knows how religios i am.. and im finally venturing into it.. I have joined mops, and im planning to go to church one of these sundays.. Audrey loves amanda so she can hang with her.. I finally found a kid shes good with..

DONNA if ur on which it looks like u are can u please get online?? i have a religion question

Ok so to go on with my last post i have a friend who is christian.. goes to Oh goodness cant remember the name of the church one of the big ones here in roseville.. and my other friend is.. Apostolic.. ok i thought it was a form of christian........

Ok we all know me.. im pretty innocent, and nieve.. and new to all this.. ok yeah.. now we all know why i asked donna to get online i have a pretty big question but i feel funny asking tom....

WOW, i am learning soo much tonight.. im actually in some shock at how different their two religions are.. i wont say who i agree with or what not because I DO NOT WANT to start any conversations on here.. just sometimes i wish.. i was more involved in religion as a kid....

Donna - Thanks....I would love to go on that walk too! do you have all the details? I'm thinking of bringing my daughter with also. BTW not sure if I can make it on Saturday or not....I will know more for sure later tomorrow. My -coworkers and I are covering all the "Furlough Friday's" and weekends. We just lost another staff member that used to work Sat - Wed.....so now no one on weekends at all!!!

I am working 3 - 6 day work weeks in October alone. And this will go on until we get more people hired and trained...uurgghh!

Hopefully we can get some good people soon!

So long story short I am hoping to get off by at least 11 am instead of 3:30 on the 26th so I can come to the meeting and lunch.< /span>

Hi everyone else....and welcome to all the newbies!!! Glad to see the group is expanding!