Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

AFternoon All! Board is busy today...ahhh Candra is back in action, lol. Had to speed read again to catch up, subbed again today, not sure if needed tomorrow yet. But it keeps me moving-work, and pretty good pay.

So glad to hear Jes is banded sista now! Hope pain is absolutely mimimum, thank you Kimbo for the updates! BTW, I had surgery at SSF, who is your surgeon? I live just north of Roseville, so I get to enjoy these ladies, it would be so cool if you & LaChica, came to the support next Sat! We will make it worth your while, hehe.

Pam, can u walk on the 10th? It is a family friendly event! Anyone else? Gonna work on the team tonight.

Tina, any word? Pls keep up your Water and breathing!

Riley, I liked the 'Nicoling' name...dont know if I can shop w/o buying, if it fits...then I get pouty...lol.

April! So cool to see you on here...it is a new day for you sista! How doing from the accident? Will be there 26th?

Maria, good for you...your timing is gonna be just right for the surgery. Can you come to the walk, 10/10 or even brunch? Reggie, so good to see u, missing u much!

Nicole, how bout the Big Comfy Couch? 10 second Tidy!

Hello to everyone else...hope keeping up the hydration... this weather sure is tricky, even a lil humid. TTFN! :tt1:

Hey there everybody, Im doing fine. Didn't get to all the posts yet but wanted to check in. I have a bunch of gas pain and my mouth is so dry. I have ice chips and I also had a couple baby spoons of Jello. I don't want to have too much but I'm sooooo dry. What should I do?

I'm going to post the whole thing later lots to tell. I had ICY and the post op nurse that Candra had it was too funny. Plus I had Rick a guy that was a straight comedian.

ok what about the dry mouth?

BTW: I'M BANDED:thumbup::tt1::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeahhh Jes! You go girl, we are happily sighing now, to hear from you! Bout the dry mouth, trying keeping ice chips around, it helps to get Fluid, plus melting them can help. Do you have gas strips? They can help also.

So glad you are home and bbbanded!!!

Yea Jes!!

The budget deliberationswere put off until September 22 now. Turns out the budget got 8 million dollars worse int he last six weeks and instead of restoring services they plan to lay off additional workers in the next two weeks......than planned cuts again in January. So who knows. They wanted the weekend to figure out what to do...........I know the Sheriffs department is up for another hit now!! Heather you hear anything??

So I don't know. I do know I gotta get outta here as soon as I get another job. I think CPS in Sacramento County is not gonna exist in a few months..........

They did say the had the 3 million to help CPS out this morning but a last minute budget/state update showed them that tax revenues fell another 14% in the last six weeks. So they said the 3 million restoration is off the table now due to being another 8 million in the hole.......

I don't get it but I am worried about Sac County. They are now talking about laying off field deputies again so you know it is bad..................

Not sure what else to say!! I am taking the first job I am offered to get outta here though. I will get cut later this month or January if the budget and tax revenue doesn't increase at some point..................our county is bankrupt!!

Congrads Jess!!! whooo hooo!!!

I see Baggs tomorrow @ 2, I am going to try and sweet talk him into me being close enough to get everything else rolling *shrugs* we will see..

Wow Tina, I didn't hear that! In fact, the "official" word is that there are not more planned layoffs. Ugh. Well, we just rehired 2 people in my office, they were laid off in August. THat's gonna suck if they get laid off again. And more deputies?! Crazy! The thing I'm worried about is that if we can manage with so many fewer deputies, BOS will decide that we don't need them anymore. The county is in major trouble.

Donna - can you pm me the details on the walk - I didn't really read about it the first time, but I am now interested.

Nicole - I just found a Wiggles dvd "Top the Tots" I will give you on the 26th if you want for Auds. Don't know why I still have it, but it's yours if you want it.

I will also have a few clothes items for the exchange - the red shirt I wore yesterday is just too big in the chest and shoulders now - it is a XL from costco.< /p>

Glad to hear you're home and banded Jess. Walking really helps expel the gas - rocking in a recliner or rocking chair helped me too.

I am going to move to soft foods tomorrow - refried Beans - hope it goes down ok.

I talked to someone I know who was at the orientation in Vacaville yesterday with Dr. Park and Liz. I invited her to come on the 26th to meet our group of lovely ladies.

Getting ready to go for a bike ride with my daughter as soon as she finishs her math.

Hey Heather

I think it is 2.9 million that your Department is losing. Just came out today the updated information but Sheriffs had someone at the BOS meeting to argue it. Something about the losses would be when people quit they would not rehire up to 23 positions........they said field deputies is where they would pull from!! I don't know much more than that........so maybe not layoff but frozen positions and no rehires for up to six months to a year. Again I only sorta heard all the details..........I think they are hoping people re-tire

Upset to hear that they plan to only give animals 3 days and not 5 to find a home...........makes me sad but I get why that has to go...........

I am way to stressed out right now!!

Talked to Dr. Baggs today......he said fills in Vacaville start in October!!!

I am also gonna take Celexa for anxiety. I seriously can't tell with the ups and downs at work. Yesterday I had a job today maybe not..........it has been six weeks of them pushing and pulling all of us this way and that..........also they are on us all day to hurry and get work done becuase we only have a week left of full staffing............we have 1000 kids to shut their cases in 6 days...........I don't know what will happen cause to all these kids.......probably some of them end up in a morgue.......I hate to be gruesom but I am closing things out that have no business being closed.......really scary stuff!! But I have to take care of my stuff and I can't function at this stress level so getting an anti anxiety med tomorrow.............hopefully that will help me get through all this craziness..............

Good God Tina that is awful - maybe you should be going out on stress leave! Work Comp pays better than unemployment . . . and they are TOTally messing with you, and you are feeling personally responsible for what is going to happen to those kids - I hope you are documenting this, that is too much stress for ANYone to take. No way could you handle that and not have serious stress issues.

At least you will have clothes :-)

Only 10 miles today, and tomorrow I am taking "off" (which means I will only walk 6 miles in the AM and at noon) it is getting to hot and I need more balance in my life so I'm going out with an olde friend. And I don't think she's going to want to go out hiking with me cause when I say old friend, I mean a friend who is old, 70 yrs so we are going to SIT and GAB (and probably eat) and drink wine!

I will have a glass for you Jes :-) OH chapstick girl, that's what helps the dry. Jello cups = 4 oz. eat all you want but sipping Water better for you. Also have him pick you up some Powerade Zero, clear no calorties but electrlytes so good for too dry.