Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

A 5K is only 3.1 miles, we can ALL do this one folks. Pam! John! Want to walk you guys? Heather! Tamra! This is perfect for you, oh unless you had surgery the day before . . and at the rate you guys are going, you probably will!!

Jeez here I go again, psyched about exercise!!!

YOWZA! Sexy momma Jes! Do you thinks it's safe for you to have this surgery? For men out there I mean WOO-WEEE!!!

ok so we all went out for brunch at in SF, got a little tipsy but oh well!

Im so excited!! everybody was so nice to me and really supportive, I really think I'm ready. My girlfriends told me they are going to eat what I eat. starting Wed they will be doing clears and then full liquids with me.

My hubby is being really supportive too. Wow, between you all and the rest of my family & friends I can't help but succeed.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Wow, those are some great friends/family Jes! To do the liquids with you, WOW! I had a lot of support, but nobody did THAT for me! KEWL . . . .

Hello Richmond and more bandsters!

Riley, maybe I cant do a full one yet, but I can cheer u ladies on in the Sac one! So excited bout the 5K tho, you go girl, again u inspire me, I am about at 19-20 min miles, so I have hope! I even took a speed walk class once, so of course I will try and step it up for this one. Have just done day 2 around where we have done the course, working on my computerchair 2 5K!

Jes, wow, what will hubby do, once banded? Watch out!

Can I try the dress? I heard shoe sizes change tooo, hehe.

We are here for you and Candra...where is she? Sleepin?

So on the team name, like u said, not sure how much ladies want it known, dont know if we could get tshirts, I do like Band o' Buddies, of course we ladies the SOS!

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!!!

Candra - I'm so excited for you! Best wishes. Let us know how things went!

Jes - Very soon!

The walk sounds like fun. I think my wife and I would be interested. Let me know what I need to do to register.

Is anyone going to the support group on the 26th? I have a few questions; about how many people attend? What’s the agenda/structure of the meeting? Sorry for all the questions I have never been to a support group meeting. My wife will be out of town so I’m thinking of going. Thanks!

Candra-- Good luck tomorrow I iwll have you on my mind. I go in to see Liz tomorrow in Vacaville. I just hope I didnt gain any weight over the weekend. I know I was bad today I had family over and all we did was eat. I'm even thinking of rescheduling but I know I dhouldnt. have a good night ladies.

Hello John & Lovely wife!

We'd be glad to have you both walk! A link to the walk is in my signature...think I will form a team...since we have...7 of us already! (My dear hubby and sons, too!)

Yes, we will be going to the Sept 26th support meeting @ Kaiser Point West, 11:00, with lunch after! It will be a pleasure to meet you (hopefully we will be meeting a few other new banders and Pre-ops!) Will look forward to meeting your wife at the next one! We range about 20-25 people, sometimes more, now that summer is over. We start out as a joint meeting with Bypass AND Band Patients, Pre-ops and Post, sometimes even a sleeve patient is there! Then half way thru, we separate to 2 groups (surgery specific) and enjoy networking/sharing experiences!

No prob on the questions, why we are here!

Wow, those are some great friends/family Jes! To do the liquids with you, WOW! I had a lot of support, but nobody did THAT for me! KEWL . . . .

You know how it is....they are all on a diet with me. I'm soooo lucky to have them & (you) I thought I was going to get flack but I didn't.

Donna, I'm putting the date on my calendar.

Yeahhh Jes! I know u can, i.e. taking me all the way to the end of the bridge!!!

Maria, dont beat yourself up, glad you enjoyed family, and keep the appt, it will set a new vision for you! (Pls come back and report! hehehe)

Ok Bandsters, think I will form a team by tomorrow...

Thinking I will use Band o' Buddies, since it 'discreetly' mentions the Band, if you would like to walk pls let me know what you think? Yeahhh, Riley, Jes, John & Mrs.John!

Hi John! Yay, I hope you guys can walk with us! Donna needs to pick us a team name, then we can all sign up when we click on the link in her posts :-) I like "Band of Buddies" Donna, not too out there?

Donna I can't do a whole one either . . . yet! That's the point girlfriend!!! I have done a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) but never a whole one. I did a 20-mile walk-a-thon once when I was in high school, that's the farthest I have ever done BUT . . . the new me is now doing a whole bunch of things that I never imagined I would, so why NOT train for a marathon??? God is good!!!

Can't do sacto support group meeting, will be 10King in beautiful Lake Tahoe :-)

Do you know that I have 2 outfits size 10 hanging in my closet right now . . .I have not had clothes that size since before I got pregant with my daughter . . she is almost 26, so . . .27 or so years ago? Man. That just blows my mind! WHO KNEW???

Edited by riley4183

Good Evening Everyone1

Candra and Jes, good luck with your upcoming surgeries! Whoo Hoo! I am so happy for you.

Iam getting into gear too. I guess I am okay with telling other people that I am having the procedure. I guess I better get used to it...now that it is getting closer. I was scared. I know that I am getting comfortable because I am beginning to tell other people and I actually told one of the servers at my fav family restaurant this AM. I was in a bit of shock hearing the words, "I am getting ready to have a Lap Band placed". And to think I said this to her as she prepared to take my almost full plate away. I have trained myself to not eat much and still....I am satisfied!

I have a serious question??? Are you post-op peops REALLY following the 1200 diet???

I hope all are well and on the way to a strong, healthy hot, sexy body!

Whoa Riley! I have no doubt u can do it!!! What an OSV (Off scale Victory) for you...27 years, again, hope for us! (btw - can I have some 12's when ready?)

I do like Band O' Buddies (BOB) hehe, too!

Let's see who else will join us!