Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'm right about there Nicole!

G'morning ladies ~

OK I was down 2 more overnight, I drank a TON of Water and diet cranberry juice and unsweetened herbal iced tea yesterday and was up all night again, LOL . . . . 4 more and I will be back down where I was. I was "good" with carbs yesterday, and fat, and calories (800), logged everything but when I did my analysis it said 90 grams of carbs! Did you know split peas have 40 carbs per cup???? Yikes! I also has strawberries AND cantalope yesterday, so I was way up on my carbs - and that is NOT going to help shrink my liver. So today I am going super-low carb, super-high Water and not worrying about the calories too much.

OK time to work . . . . see y'alls later!!

Hey all just checking in.........overbusy this week trying to get ready for vacation and get my office moved in between.

All this stuff is crazy. Budget hearings. Sacramento County is blaming the State for everything. Pink slips started going out yesterday. I am NOT on the first round of cuts. 85 people were. 20 more than anticipated. It could go up another 20 by the end of the week. Lost alot of good friends.

I did get a "your position is being deleted letter." I guess we figure out what that means next week. I know it is not great but after the final budget on Friday I will know what it means. If they fund 5 more positions than I get to stay, if they don't than............I have no idea where I end up. Could be anywhere. Management (one woman) gets to pick where you go if your position is deleted. Sorta scary cause this woman is not beyond putting her friends in good spots...........power in inept hands is scary!! I have not been impressed by her so I won't be picked for one of the better spots!! :-)

Edited by swrktp

Riley Seeee i told ya:D You will be back where you are in no time:D OH and.. i think the reason we put on like 5 lbs easy is because we are so close.. Because i can put on 5 lbs over night also, then takes 2 days to loose it again... It wasnt that easy when i was heavier.. or maybe it was and i didnt notice it...:thumbup:

Heather girl you are just amazing:DI only lost 50 before surgery you got us all beat! You rock it!

Tina that is good not to get a pink slip but how annoying about your position. Who knows you might be a manager next week.. i hope:D

Edited by AudsMom

Oh and mikes and my date plans might be canceled... now i woke up stuffffy and my sister and her baby. LOL, so somewhere all 4 of us girls got sick. She is still babysitting during the day gonna see how it goes for tonight.

Heather do you live in sac??? Or the whereabouts?? Why don't you come on over and check out the clothes:D Before i take them to the sac meeting:D

Hey anyone know anyone in 2x scrubs???? I have a box full of those too..

Tina....thats is so stressful.....the asked all of our upper management to take furlo(sp) days last week and we are a privtae agency.....although I'm in management...I'm in good old middle management so we weren't affected...but I feel it coming!!!! That stress does not help our eating....at least not on this end.....Just hang in there......

Sending up prayers and good wishes for ya Tina . . . . hang in there, they replaced 6 positions in our department so you may make that cut . . . .

OMG girls I have NEVER peed this much in my LIFE!!! I can't even get a report typed out it's ridiccy! Like, I left a 1.5 hour meeting 3 times to pee this morning, seriously this is CRAZY

Hi all - just finished catching up -

Sorry, Donna - can't talk on the cell phone when I'm here (office).

Good news about the weight loss Jane~

Nicole - doesn't it suck that you finally pulled it down and it's all too big LOL - hope you don't get too sick

Hi Candi - good to have you back

Tina - my figners are crossed!

John & Jes - here's what Doc Fisher said:

Yes, I can write for this medication since you were not given it. It is not vital, but might help with some people with nausea associated with anesthesia. This is not proven.

Which pharmacy works best for you?

Dr. Fisher

Gonna pick up the pills anyway - proven or not - if there is any chance that it helps LOL.

Feeling bad about Bridezilla - don't want to back down after 70 invitations were sent out... Got to think of a back up plan LOL

Oh, Analynne - Congratulations!!! When you meet with Doc Fisher he will tell you how much weight he wants you to lose before surgery - remind him to set you up for a Psyche appt.

Just checking in...boy the minute you plan a vacation or time off work a zillion things come up. Whew!

I have an appointment with the attending in my PCP's office at 3pm so I'm trying to scarf down my lunch while I catch up on the posts. None of that chew 30 times stuff...

have a good afternoon...positive thoughts Tina.

Hi all -

I went to Richmond today and saw Robin and Dr. Im. I gave Robin my food log for August and Sept so far - I created it all yesterday at work so it wasn't exactly what I ate each day but pretty close. She asked me what was up with Protein Drinks as they have too many calories - I told her they are 160 cal each, 2 net carbs, 2 gr of sugar and when I have one it is my meal. She said I could have had an egg and had less calories. Jeez if I only have an egg three times a day it won't even be 300 calories. We had a nice chat. I need to try to eat denser Protein. I asked her if she reads our thread on line and she said no - it would require her to register and she doesn't think it's a good idea - something about the hypocratic oath. I weighed 2 lbs more there than at home - but I was down 8 from my June 25 appt. I was 210 at home. Dr. Im was his smiling self. I asked him if I could have a tiny fill. He said he would try. I still had my 7 cc in and he tried to put in 1 cc, but the syringe pushed out .5 cc so I could only get .5 cc and that will probably be my last fill. The rest is up to me he said. The only thing that hurt was the numbing needle. It felt really weird though when he pulled the Fluid out - I felt weird on the right side of my abdomen. I was home by 1 pm and took a serious nap for 1 1/2 hrs before picking up kids. I was out cold. Robin thought my blood pressure was too low - said it could be from low blood sugar. I am giving up crackers of all kinds - the carbs could be causing highs and then lows.

I am on liquids until tomorrow afternoon and then softs for a couple of days. I just drank a Protein Shake as I was shaking and sweaty.

I met a lady in the waiting room today who was hoping to be at goal today - she has lost 90 lbs on her own. She is leaning towards bypass and asked me why I had lapband. I told her to come to this website and do some research. She put her socks on in the waiting room. I had put mine on in the car so I could take my shoes off.