Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Welcome back Candi!! Stick around..........

Oh I am 5cc's and could use a bit more......how about you give me your .5cc Candi?? LOL. I am not sure I wanna be a 6cc again until my weight is down. But I don't have enough restriction at 5cc's. I go back in 16 days for another fill..........than maybe October with you girls..........I hope that vacaville thing is going by than!!

Ladies I am having a hard time getting an email or phone number for the docs. As soon as I get that I think we need to flood vacaville with emails cause I sure would be happy having fills there...............emailed my PCP about the sacramento fills and or bariatrics at Folsom..........waiting to hear back.............

Oh cleaning house..........

OMG you guys, something is going on with me! I just weighed in at 192, that is a bit over 10 lbs. from my weigh-in just 4 days ago! Even on a really bad day I don't get in over 1500 cals, so SOMETHING is going on! I have been drinking fluids like crazy all day but only pee'd a few times. WHY am I retaining so much Water? ?? This is making me crazy 'cause I can't explain or control it!!!

Willow my PCP didn't want to give me the referral. I had to push the issues...........she wanted to do take this medication and be medically supervised. I said no and called my insurer to make sure I was covered. I got the list of requirements and highlighted them all and gave them to my PCP and told her I knew she didn't agree but I wanted a referral because I was sure this was the right thing for me...................she did it finally after a month of my pushing the issue.

I saw her three weeks after surgery. She still didn't know much about the band I had to inform her but I do know she has referred a few other people after me...............

I was 100 pounds overweight and 42 BMI. or 41.96....I was on the borderline..............

once you get to Kaiser bariatrics they are supportive there if you follow the rules and lose the weight........

wow riley!! No kidney pain or anything...........sodium? TOM? BEtter watch that. Did you stop exercising? That might do it if your body is used to SO MUCH exercise...........wow. 16 days until we go back to see Dr. Baggs...........

Girl you need to go pee.............duiretic??

John, I know the sleeve has been around for many years. From what I know, it was used as the first step to RNY for people who were way too big to handle the full procedure all at once. I just don't know how long they've been using it all by itself as a WLS and what the long term stats are. There's a girl on this website who calls herself "wasabubblebutt" she converted from the band to the sleeve and another guy called "headhunter" (I think) who did the same thing. If you haven't run into them yet you could try looking them up and they may be able to answer any questions you may have. Just a warning, though, I don't find them to be as pleasant as we are LOL.

OMG John I think I know who you are now :thumbup: I remember that guy who kept complaining. I was sitting right behind him in the middle.

Candra hey there! I'm going to call the nurse 1st thing in the morning. The stupid bridge is still closed so I'm going to telecommute tomorrow. Also means I can't go to Kaiser.

ok so I'm trying to get ready for the big day by reading all the old posts and surgery day stories. I'm on page 55 LOL

2 things, 1-I did not meet with anyone else besides Dr P on Friday, I remember someone saying I would meet with a guy???

2-I didn't get any anti nausea meds, In fact all they told me was to call the day before to get my time and show up.

Does this sound right? Candra was yours any different?

Jes mine was different, I met with Tom Greenwood the nurse practitioner, he goes over all mofnthe meds with you and prescribes the anti-nasea stuff, I know Dr. P uses him too but maybe stuff has changed since I went? It was over 6 months ago . . .

Tina I will pee, hopefully going to bed will do it, LOL! Also I did not excercise until today (8.5 miles), I wonder if that has something to do with my gaining so much??

Jes - It sounds like you might not have been setup for the appointment with Tom Greenwood as he was the one to issue the nausea pills for my first surgery. The second I had to remind my doctor as I didn’t go through the same process. My second surgery was setup so fast the girls in the bariatric office appeared upset that I hadn't been routed through them. I actually got a kick out of what happened as I think some of the control goes to their heads...

Jes - mine was just like yours - Doc fisher didn't give a crap about what meds i was taking - said the sustained release pills were fine because they go thru the pouch to the stomech where they go before surgery LOL. There was no talk of any anti nausia meds. Hmmm...? dont wanna be nautious! they probably give them to us at the hospital. I will remember to ask when I get there next week LOL. Oh, boy - 7 days is coming up quickly!

John, you think I should email Doc fisher and ask him about Tom and the pills?

Sure. They do give you something in the pre-op area before going into surgery, I think it was anti-nausea stuff. First surgery it was a drink and the second it was injected into the IV. The staff in there are great. The barium swallow is gross, glad I didn’t have to do that again during the last failure. Though I never got a band I did go back to work a few days later just avoided lifting and took it easy. I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!

I just hope she didn't leave that off since she was giving me the run around about the PCP and the cardiologist.

In fact I think she is going to try and cancel my surgery. I have something else coming for her though. Somebody is going to give me an ok, even if I have to go through the whole damn dept.

I saw Tom Greenwood to and he gave me the anti nasuea medication. Only thing he said was I was a bit bloated or had to much Water weight.........my ankles were swollen!! LOL. I wasn't liking that but ok.........

Jes I wonder if you get to skip that if you get our PCP to sign instead but your gonna want the anti naseau stuff. I took that and also asked for more the day of surgery.........cause I have a weird stomach. I wan't nasuea at all.

I did get alot of chest congestion after surgery. But OMG try to cough and it just about floors you so I had to let all the gunk sit in my lungs for a week or so until I cough without falling over..............LOL.

Jes just keep on them!!