Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

You guys will like this... My teacher is letting me borrow an older edition of the book (that still isn't here despite paying for priority shipping). I have 8 chapters to catch up on before next Tuesday. lol. I'm gonna rock it though!

Heather - I know you'll rock it! so much energy - must be nice to be young

Donna, you can come in with me!

Jes, I got the whole day free too so lunch & shopping sounds great - Donna, you down for lunch? I want you gone no later than 2 because after that, you'll be so stuck in traffic It'll take you FOREVER to get home!

Yep, tomorrow is my Friday! 5 day weekend!! woop woop!

Riley & Tina - at my husbands request, I made small white Beans for dinner and thought of you two. I love beans but never think to actually make them - Ah, but my husband likes chunks of ham in his so I make them a little less vegitarian than you all do LOL. I really want to try lentils - don't really know the difference between them & beans (stop laughing at me!) so can you tell me how you guys make them?

This waiting game sucks! Did really good with food yesterday - back to my 3 1/2 cups of Protein but today I sucked - AGAIN - did good till about two hours ago. I had already eaten my 1/2 cup dinner but had beans anyway, then my husband broke out the almonds - had a large handful of those & then my stepdaughter showed up with cake! F#$%#KING CAKE! Had 3 bites GRRRRR I'm never gonna get these two lbs off let alone keep from gaining any more! The waiting game makes it hard to focus.

Hope everybody else is doing better than me LOL - christine, how's that baby coming long?

Oh yeah, Heather will rock it! hehe Yes! I am down for lunch, and thnx for caring mom, that I get home w/o traffic...been coming back from SSF even later! lol

We will have a blast, will plan on leaving bout 5:30 +, Tina how long it usually takes from there?

Oh yeah, lentils and/or Beans, teach me baby!

Lentils are the best!! They have a different taste.....much better.

Yea Donna I think about 5:30am..........if traffic it not bad. Hard to tell. Usually I hit it about right if I leave at 5:30am. Traffic starts in fairfield and vallejo area.....sometimes from vallejo in.........hate those days!!

coming back from pinole three weeks ago at 5pm was bumper to bumper. I had to pull off at the outlets for an hour but when I got back on it was still really bad............

Well if Kelly doesn't call me I am still on for 10:30am. I really need to talk to Liz to but she will be in pre op. LOL. Can you guys ask her about coverage if you lose your insurance for me??? PLease??

Still hoping for a late appointment. If I decide to come up in the morning I won't leave until about 9am.........drop my daughter off at school and gonna stop by work first and drop off some reports........too much to do this week!! LOL.

So jealous girls have fun for me too!!

Donna we live close we have to pick another time really soon!!

Morning everyone! I'm doing pretty good, I started getting a little bit of a queasy tummy yesterday but I'm not much of a puker so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Other than that I'm feeling good, just tired and taking one hour naps almost everyday, lol!

Dr. Baggs is back from vacation and he said he wouldn't necessarily taken out any or much saline at this point. I'm pretty pissed about it. I KNEW I should wait, but Beverly and Dr. Fisher made it sound like it was an emergency and I had to go in that day. SO--I'm gonna have another appt with him and he might give me more saline. I'd love that, I'm feeling really no restriction now and am just basically following the 1200 meal plan (pre-op). I've been at the same weight for a week and that kinda sucks. I'll probably make the appt for next week, I need to call today.

YAY a baby ticker!!! Go baby Swisher, grow, grow!!

Candra, I just boil lentils in the microwave in a TALL glass container (otherwise they boil over and make a mess!) You do not have the soak them first or anything. I use 1 cup lentils to 2 cups Water (use broth for more flavor), put them in for about 10 minutes - they are still pretty hard at that point, I drain of liquid only if I need to them cut up 2 morningstar veggie sausage patties & add them in, stir & cook another 1-2 minutes, flavors blend SO nicely . . . . I like them a little watery if I am cooking ahead for the week, can add water or broth no problems.

I'm losing again, yea! I am now down 10 since my last fill :thumbup:

Chris I think you will have to wait awhile to get an appointment. I tried for next week but they were booked.........Monday is a holiday. That is one reason that I am trying so hard to get tomorrow scheduled for later the schedule is pretty full right now. Staying the same weight is good..........you know weight loss is your second goal now!!:-)

Nicole how ya doing girl? You were to tight yesterday just checking in with ya!!

So alot of us are on forloughs this month?? Hmm new trend...............i just hope we don't get that health care problems Riley. Don't know how you do it.

Yep Jes your lucky with the health insurance. I think the majority of mine goes for my daughter. I think 400 goes for her and 100 for me........still alot of money a month.

Heather :-) you work for the Sheriffs office so your in good. The Sheriffs and the BOS have some kind of understanding right now. YOu guys are being protected right now.........you guys got the CPS funding and now they are laying off CPS workers and making CPS and Welfare workers go part time.........you guys accepted no COLA's we didn't. BOS is making a point!! It is polictical!! Your safe our darn union would'nt do away with the COLA's and now here we are............200 layoffs and part time work for the rest. CPS is gonna be majorly reduced.........like I said it is all political in my opinion. BOS is angry with our union............I sorta just wish they would bargain cause this is getting out of control............we are shutting down offices and cutting services, there is nothing left..........I am really tired of all this. A forlough and no COLA would have been easier. maybe the BOS would have left our funding alone than......I am not happy with my union right now!! :-P

Interview tomorrow and maybe a fill!! Gonna chill this weekend. Pack up my office on Sunday evening.........closing cases out!! Shutting down shop.......than off to Denver.

Jes Candra I want to hear how the pre op goes!! Donna you do...........have some clear Soup for me!! LOL.

morning all,

Chris Tina is right the baby is #1 now. I know you want to keep loosing but don't concentrate on it. I think you will be fine. You've been a rock start up til now and I'm sure that's not going to change.

Wow Riley you are rockin too, 10 lbs! I'm trying to hold on to my weight little weight loss, only 3 lbs to play with that's too close. So lunch for me thursday will be very light :)

Candra you are too funny....I never thought about a

Caucasian making baby white Beans before :blink: with ham hocks no less.

OMG I am having terrible cramps today, actually for the last 3 days. ok off to my marathon of meetings be back after lunch.

Okay, so I have an appt a week from tomorrow with Dr. Baggs. Hopefully he'll give me like .5 or 1 cc just to get me back to a little bit of restriction. He said there's no reason I needed to have that much taken out so early and even Dr. Fisher said it was okay to lose 1-3 lbs a week during pregnancy since I have weight to lose...it wouldn't harm the baby or take anything from the baby, it would just take from my fat stores. I'm relieved just to go talk to him and discuss the next 8 months and his plans for me and my band.

Going to work out now and then get a pedi and lunch with my mother-in-law. Fun day! :blink: Have a great one everybody!

Don't worry girls, I'm totally putting the baby first! BUT--I don't want to gain a lot of weight and both surgeons said it would be okay to even lose some weight. Losing weight is not my goal, but maintaining and not gaining very much IS.

Morning all -

My head feels better today. Of course it took me three hours to play catch up on the work I missed yesterday. Friday is a furlough day and Monday is a holiday -yipee. Next week I will be off Monday, off Wed (Richmond) and off Friday - furlough. We are furloughed the first 3 Fridays each month - which is 36 days a year.- almost 15% paycut- egads. I pay $233 out of my paycheck for me and my kids to have Kaiser.

Candra - she's getting married in 2011 - why does she have to pick the cake flavor so early? Who knows what could happen by 2011.

Tina - you sound like you are moving at 100 mph - I'm stressing for you.

Have fun tomorrow Candra, Jess, and Donna - let us know how it goes. Wow in is less than two weeks you will both be banded.

Heather - I would demand a refund on your express delivery charges for that darned book.

Thanks Riley Jane - I will try that and see how it goes with the hubby. wish there was some way to print a post on here - copy & paste always works though. Congrats on the 10lbs - I'm stuck again like I was with the 4lbs and I'm sure, this time, it's my own damn fault!

Pammie - exactly what I want to know! Why pick cakes now? us girls already have our shoes! I'm not too upset about that because they were only 30 bucks but they argue so much that I don't even think they will go thru with the wedding. Any-who - I'm done with it all for now.

Ok, jes... let us not forget that I am 1/2 Sicilian - I got a little ethnicity to me too - my Daddy's favorite meal growing up was Ham Hocks & Lima Beans. And my husband is NOT caucasian so I have to adapt. It's a comprimise - I make him whatever he wants as long as it's not breaded & deep fried. And he eats Pasta now :blink:

Tina - good luck with your fill appointment - hope all works out for you!

April, did I read correctly that the bridge will be closed tomorrow morning starting at 5 am? Guess that means Hwy 37 and 101 will be so so so backed up as well as the GG bridge. Bad enough to have to go around and sit in lotsa traffice but then have to pay an extra dollar - Grrr.

The Bay Bridge will be closed starting tomorrow at 8pm until tuesday morning...is that crazy or what? Thus I'm not coming in to work. Traffic will be a nightmare for the whole weekend.

Good for you Candra. My favorite food to cook is Italian so your husband is lucky :blink: best of both worlds.

Nicole we miss you and your posts can't wait for the cable man to show up.

I think I'm gonna walk up to the Kiaser cafeteria and get some of their won ton Soup. I'm not feeling the salad I brought today, maybe I'll have that for dinner.< /p>

Just stopping by; 100% off the diet *sigh* took my daughter to the dr today and got on the scale...down 2 more lbs....264.2....whoo hoo!! so now i wonder what I was before I stopped dieting a week ago...I coulda been under 260!!! =( wake up call!!!!

but on another note, down 20 lbs!! 14 to go!!

Jes - enjoy that Soup. I'm not feeling anything healthy LOL. I just want to eat eat eat for some reason - I think it's the carbs I've been taking in - like you, I only have 4lbs to play with so I GOTTA get on it!

Tamra, hey hey hey! Thanks for stopping by hahaha. OK, you get back on the wagon with me right this minute young lady! Lets get a meal plan going! Whats for lunch? dinner? I'm gonna try to make me some lentils when I get home.

On a funnier note.. My husband has always been in good shape but since he's been off work for the last two years (due to work related injury-ugh) he's put on 12lbs and so now he's trying to take that extra weight off and CAN'T LMFAO! Now he gets it! He's a late night snacker which is what messes him up - so he's trying not to eat the junk food and carbs but he's having the worst time of it hahahahahahahahaha That's what he gets!