Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather, Riley & Tina - I wish you guys the best of luck! I don't know how you handle all that stress - not knowing from one day to the next who's gonna get laid off, how much $ you'll be bringing in - will you be able to pay your bill.... ETC! My hat goes off to you ladies and all you can endure!

Riley, glad that extra weight is off!

Jes, Doc Fisher was cool. He said SIX incisions, he will use dissolveable stitches w/glue over the top and promised to do his best LOL. Asked about the port size and he said it's "1 size fits all" All Kaisers have the same contract and use the exact same band and port on everybody. The amount of Fluid you get at surgery depends on how lose the band is. Said the thighs are the LAST to go :frown:. The nurse that checked me in was confused... She thought that I already had my surgery LOL. 13 days and counting!

Also, Jes... I've been having a "moment of pause" every day! But push it out of my mind! I know I NEED this or I will continue to yo-yo for the rest of my life! I bought the cutest jeans at Ross yesterday.. size 14 (stretch, of course) My intention was to have a pair of jeans that I can wear after surgery (when those 15lbs fall off that everybody has told me about) problem is, I tried them on when I got home and the FIT! Grrr... BUT, they are snug in the thighs so they will still work. I swear, it all depends on the brand!

I'm so excited for our on-deck girls! :-)

My band is good to me again! 3 veggie meatballs and it told me very clearly to STOP it was full, I was up front on phone so I just had to drool into a kleenex and keep talking to the customer, LOL . . no stuck or PB since this last fill, it is amazing!

I CAN tell you for sure that the band can act up when you have not had enough Water. That's why we need to drink stuff before we can eat in the morning, why we are looser afternoons and evenings . . and, if you have ever tried to eat while dehydrated from a few drinkies the night before, you will DEFINATELY know that, no matter how perfectly warmed up it is, that leftover bean burritto is NOT gonna get in ya!!

It's SO about the water girls - I am with Nicole, I think I do best on over 100 oz.

Got my 5 miles in before 10 today, good thing because I have to go to Whole Foods at lunch, and to a send-off for a retiring mentor of mine after work, so walking is pretty much done for today.

Have a good one my pretties!!

DOH!

Monday is a holiday - and the last day of the pay period - AND my normal AWS day!! So I have to take my AWS day off this Friday and give myself a 4-day weekend, boo-hoo poor me . . .

I sure wish I had some $$ to go somewhere! Maybe I will rent a dumpster and clean out my garage and moving-out-on-the-day-he-turns-18 son's room instead . . . . anyone know how hot it is supposed to be this weekend?

OK I just ordered my clean-up bin from my waste hauler, and guess what it was FREE! Only 3 cubic yards tho. That's what I'm gonna do this weekend, yippee . . . . .

Good food day today, 785 calories and within my limits for fat and carbs, and 77 grams of Protein. 140 oz of Water or herbal iced tea, so far - up to 10 pees! I sure hope it helps!

I only have 6 miles in so I'm headed out - I refuse to let this weight gain stick on me!!!

Riley (or anyone who can answer this)-----

Questions that were never answered for me pre/post band-

What is or should be our carb and fat gram limit for the day?

What is the minimum/max protein we shoulb taking in each day?

:frown:

Hi April!

I think it's different for everybody . . .except Protein, 60 grams minimum. When I was getting 120 grams Robin said it was too much, excess protein is stored as fat by the body just like excess carbs or fat.

As to the rest, I know Liz and Robin don't want us to count grams, but I do it anyways and here is what I have determined is optimal for me (does not mean that I DO it, just that I feel good when I stay in the limits!)

Fats: About 28-30 gr/day, max of 10 grams "bad" (saturated) fats

Fiber: 25 to 30 grams, this is very important for me! Without adequate Fiber I can't get things done, TMI ya know

Carbs: At least 20 but under 60 "net" carbs - so total carbs minus fiber. I get almost all of my carbs from fruits, vegies tofu products and legumes (lentils a favorite). It sounds like lo-carb and I guess it is, but you can eat a LOT of fruit to hit 45-90 total carbs (before fiber is taken out)

Sodium: Supposed to be under 2200 per my PCP, and I rarely achieve that goal. I am usually around 2800, on a bad day I can hit 4000-5000 or more

Hey Tamra, doing ok?

I think I'm going to bed too. take care.

Hi Jess! I am around, reading once in a while; I kinda started venturing to other parts of this site, looking for more bandish discussions, etc...:frown:

Hi Candra!! Thanks for texting me this morning! hehe!

Great...thanks for the info!

So I finally decided to break down and go back to see my PA in SSF to get a fill. In May they took out .5 cc for me since I wasn't really eating that great and kept PB'ing and stuff. Besides I was going on a cruise and kinda wanted to enjoy myself not feel sick all the time!

Well they wanted to see me like 2 weeks after I got back from the cruise to readjust and I never went in because I had put on a few pounds and was so embarressed. Well when I went to see my PCP last week for my car accident injuries and they weighed me.....I was up 8 lbs from my .5 cc unfil in May :-(

I decided that was it, I needed to go in and last night just confirmed it. I usually don't do well with bread but I noticed I was eating more lately without feeling full.

So when I went to McDonalds last night and got home with my Quarter pounder I decided to try it with the bun just for kicks since I miss the taste of a "Hamburger"

Well wouldn't you know...the WHOLE thing went down just fine...I only threw away a little piece of bun (very small) and I even had 1 chicken nugget of my daughters...ugh!!!

My appointment is in SSF on Friday. I also asked to see the nutritionist as well sinc eI haven't seen her since before surgery!

Hiya Lovely Ladies!

Ok, so did (6) month labs today...10 vials, but it went quick, and the woman who stuck me was sharp..literally, I did NOT even feel a pinch! So we will see what they say!

Ditto, to what Candra said to our city/county workers Tina, Heather, Riley...however we can be of help, if even just our ears/shoulders! As she said, I have no idea how you all do it, but we are hopin for the best for each of you!

APRIL - so glad you made the appt, if I could, I'd go with! BUT, just fyi, Bay Bridge is supposedly closed this weekend for maintenance. (starts Thurs nite)

Bay Bridge Info

Candra & Jes...keep on talking, and dreaming and knowing what is right for you at this time! We are so thrilled for you 2! Candra, just stop shopping, (unless u want to give away newer clos, lol) Jes, get that work done, but dont stress!

Still workin on Thursday, but Sweet T, get that interview!

Shout outs to our Nicole - moving mama, Reggie -sista Cinderella, Heather - quik report writer, Chris - blessed w baby, Tamra, Maria, Pammie (& her professor,hehe)& all!

I am home today with a Migraine - I think it is stress related. I got up this morning with a headache and felt like I was getting a panic attack.

I went to my son's back to school night last night - he is in 10th grade. All four of his teachers seemed really nice and I really liked their approach to their subjects and the kids.

The teacher I like teaches 5th grade so he isn't a professor by any means. And at this point we are just friends. He is giving me a dvd of his band playing at his niece's party on Friday when we have lunch.< /p>

I see my PCP on Friday for a physical. I want him to check my nutrient levels too - what do I ask for? I will be seeing Dr. Im next Wed so he can look at my blood work on line too.

Hi girls,

Im in Marysville today for a couple hours so INTERNET!!!:P and TV! lol oh my..

ok i am swearing off food, i never want to talk to it again. It can stay away from me and im happy. :frown:

I did WONDERFUL, no pbing sliming etc, for over a week.. then last night... i had crab.. and i musta had a piece of shell or soemthing cause omg, i pbd 4 times. Yes i was bad and tried eating again.. finally after i tried eating some hot sour soup.. i threw it all up and dislodged whatever was in there.. and i was able to eat a couple salad shrimp. And felt fine and done. Oh i also had some pudding.

Well after that happened my stomach actually hurt. Like i could feel it.. kinda freaky..And i wasnt hungry this am so just had some cheese, and then for lunch there was nothing here so we got taco hell, well... i pbed 3 times.. its like my pouch gets so incredibly tight that nothing will go down until i pb.. what the hell?

I told mike im not eating dinner ill do pudding, cause i HAVE to be swollen.... Im so irritated. I dont want an unfil. I know i could use it because even before my bunches of pbs.. i would get stuck and have to wait for it to go down.. I think im gonna go to softs, and Soups, and trythat for a couple days to unswell me. I have gotten away from the sweets again..(yeah i got addicted once again..)

BTW, pineapple juice does not always work....:blink: It burns ur nose..

SO yeah im a little depressed today. Anyone preband this isnt normal, i am to tight i know this so just ignore me.

Hey tina, i can get all fluids down though, so im still "safe" Just NO CARBS... once i have a carb.. im done for. Cheese is my easiest item to get down... Fruits are interesting..

Oh well im ok other then that getting net tomorrow..

Hey Nicole - glad to see ya! I was going to txt you but didnt know if mike still had your phone and I didn't want to get him in trouble at his NEW JOB - woo hoo - how's that going? How long till you have internet at your new home? Sorry you're so tight and having such a hard time - maybe you should get a little unfill - is that an option?

April - I'm so proud of you! It's hard to come back after a long period of time but making that appt is the first step so you'll be droppin weight again in no time! Let us know how it goes!

Pammie - oh those darn Migraines - wish I was there to give you a Maxalt! they really help! With all this economy crap we are all bound to stress out sooner or later! Feel better soon!!!

Donna & Tina... Keep me posted about Thursday - NO WORRIES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT - would love to see you but Jes will be there to hold my hand!

Hi candra:)

No i gots my phone. It is dead today with no charger with me.. lame i know:(

I dontknow if thats an option, im so scared to ask for one cause i dont want him to take out 2ccs.. i would die. I think if i just loose another 10 lbs ill be perfect again like last time. PROB is 10 lbs is a lot at this point. so i dont know.. if it doesnt get any better i think ill have to call cause i still feel pain around my port.. meaning im probably swollen in there.. and i dont wanna cause any problems. Tonight is pudding for dinner:) Lucky duckey me:) The thing though is when im in pain like this im not really hungry its all head hunger.

We get net tomorrow. Tv. we are trying to do a lil antena thingy so we will see. Tryin to save some $$$... We have the rental truck rented for Sat and sun return on monday. If ya wanna come up and see miss auds IM SURE shed love to play:) lol

Im dreading driving back to sac im quiet exhausted.

Oh yeah everyone keep your eyes out for a dining table looking for a glass set. I saw one at a furniture store, SHOULDA bought it but im dumb..319.. is what they were selling it for:( oh well.

Well im gonna go fill the car with another load.. so not into this today..:thumbup: Big hugs.. hopefully i can steal internet tonight:D

oh yeah candra he LOVES his new position. I guess its a Jr Engineer position, so he loves that hes growing and not staying in technician level.. But i guess it is a challenge, which is WAY good:D