Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra you were supposed to let us know how it went with the Doc. Did you talk to him about the scars? Did you tell him you didn't want a hack job? LOL I'm talking to Dr P about all of that. This the last time we see them. I want to get all my questions in advance.

Ok I had a moment of pause today. I'm thinking do I really want to do this? I mean I do but just hope I'm doing the right thing. Just as long as nothing goes wrong, right? At the same time I wandering around thinking about how I'm going to make it easy on myself. I sure hope I can do this?

Riley, I've been going through my freezer getting rid of stuff I'm not going to need. My husband not going to eat it either. So it feels kind of nice knowing I won't need all that stuff. Weeell the fudge pops stay LOL

Yes Jes YOU CAN DO THIS, and you WILL, and you will be SO GLAD that you did!! Your feelings right now are 100% normal my friend :-)

OMG I cannot stop pee-ing today, I think that was 15 or 16 times . . . but it is paying off, I just weighed and I am 2 lbs. less right now that I was this morning! So it is mostly Water . . . I will be down another 1 or 2 in the morning, get me motivated again and THAT will be good :-)

Tina, have you tried DOminex brand vegetarian meatballs? YUMMO and no wheat gluten, they are made from eggplant!! 90 cals 2.5 fat 9 carb 5 Fiber (so 4 net carb) and 9 Protein, NOT BAD for 5-6 meatballs! I got mine at Safeway, I am eating like a box a week!!

Going to read, pee and go to bed - goodnight my lovelies!!

well ladies it sounds like we are having an early spring baby shower....Chris I'm glad Doc Fisher was so cool. :)

Reggie, glad your fill went good. What did Dr Park say about the 6 lbs loss?

Jes, She actually thought my weight loss total is impressive. The problem is I don't feel full. I am trying to be good.

I'm getting started on my paper now hehehe. Oh my. It's only 2-3 pages long, so that shouldn't be too bad!

Pammie - where are you? Hot date with the professor?

Reggie, where are you cinderella?

Hi Candra, your Cinderella is here lol. Girl waiting to put on that nightie(Slipper). I have been a tad bit busy.Not only that I am struggling to get back on track with the band and the new fill. You guys can chat away goodness!

Night Ladies. I just got in a few minutes ago. I went to my mom's house to get her to read the resume. We changed it up again.......mostly just formating and fonts and all the fancy details. So it is totally ready........

Sad, sad, sad..........to be leaving. My supervisor and the program manager (her supervisor) don't want me to leave. They want me to stick the layoffs out if I can and just go where I am assigned than try to promote back to a better program later. It took me 8 years to promote from the bottom programs and I am not sure I want to wait another 8 years to promote to a good spot. I am getting to old for that. Going back to the courts is required overtime every night.............that was fine 8 years ago.......not sure I can to that again never mind nights or weekends..........I am getting to old for all this!! LOL

Ironic that I was in a program that you had to promote to. Now the program closes and if I stay I will bump a brand new worker out of their position............so back to step 1 again.........humbling to say the lest. I will have people with less seniority than me in better positions and supervising me.............

I put out resumes for 6 places today. Waiting to hear about the interview this week. I know they are interveiwing Thrusday and Friday. I asked for afternoons or Friday morning.

Ahhh..............feeling chaotic today. But I did only eat protien and drank water........Oh I had a wheat tortilla that is a carb.......

CAlled Dr. Baggs office today..........If I don't go on Thursday I will have to wait until the next group fill.....I think on the 16th..........

I am going to Denver next weekend to see my sister and look for jobs. So I have Thursday to MOnday off this week............than I leave Friday morning for Denver.....than walking back into regular schedule and the layoffs should be in place when I get back..........

Jes and Candra!!! I am so sorry I wanted to be there for the pre op class. I still will be there with Donna if I can work my schedule out. I might just have to head over the Richmond than come straight back right after.......but I will try to find you guys!!

I am sorta distracted tonight........thirsty too. I didn't eat or drink enough I was to busy.....working on it now. NOt the eating the drinking...........LOL

Tina, I just found the FAQs posted about the "position reduction" or whatever absurd thing they're trying to call it. "It is not a furlough, it is a position reduction". Nice. I also like how you either take the reduction or hit the road. I see the awesome train has left the station...

I think the worst part about the plan, is that it's open ended. It's not like the state, where they said it'll be for 18 months. This is until the county decides they can afford to change it back. (Never?) I'm trying to look on the bright side, now I can work 8hr days instead of 9s and still have a day off every 2 weeks.

Hey Heather. This is illegal. But I still think they might go through with it. I just don't like how sneaky it is.........they are getting around forloughs by laying people off instead and rehiring them.

The State workers just won the forlough battle. But I am afraid that the next step is Arnold will have mass layoffs in stead.........might set the stage thought for this whole mess in Sacramento.

There is a union meeting on 9/2/09 at 6pm at the UPE office. And I think tomorrow the union is meeting with the 005 bargaining unit to see what is going on? YOur in 005 or 008?

Anyway. Yea I sorta wouldn't mind two fridays off and 8 hour days again.........but I want to chose it not be blackmailed into it...........I think that is the sticking point it is really sneaking and underhanded the way they are doing it............

I sorta think it won't happen if we agree to give up the colas and do one forlough a month.....

and yep the open ended thing is scary. They said it is door to taking health benefits away. That is why the union is concerned. If you go to low in hours you loss your health benefits.

Crazy stuff!!

Oh course if I am laid off I don't have to worry about forloughs!! LOL. 64 workers gone, 37-47 upper management and welfare social workers will bump into those spots, so only 11-17 spots left for those of us left.........12 of which are nights shift or weekend shifts. After all the math is done I could very easily be laid off. 64 workers competeing for 11-17 spots is not good numbers. But I have a chance of making the cut if I will take the weird hours.

So I am not sure why I am worrying to much about forloughs........might not matter in the long run.

Heather I am still not convinced you are on the forlough list. Really depends on which unit youare with UPE. I don't think ALL of the units are up for forloughs.

Yug. Furlough, schmurlough. Our union (SEIU) already accepted them, and the give-away of our Tuition reimbursement (costs me an extra $1200 a year to keep my certification now), and an extra $407 per month for 60 county families who have remained on the highest-cost health plan instead of going to the cheapest (Kaiser) like they forced everyone to do last year. Clearly I won't be getting that - but where is the help for Kaiser families on the health plan that costs me an extra $800 a month now???

Heather - cleaned out another closet, I have career clothes for you!!

Drum roll please . . . . . the results are in . . . . . this morning I weighed in at almost 5 lbs. less than I did yesterday morning! So drinking 200+ oz. of Water DOES indeed flush out all the sodium and help shrink that liver!!! Now I am only 1.2 lbs. more than my loswest before I left on vacation - that's more like it! I am determined to get rid of that by the end of the weekend, too. Go, me! Go, us!!

So Riley your county or state? I thought SEIU won the forlough battle? THat was on the news last night.

Ah Riley 800 a month. I couldn't do it. But than again maybe I could. I think at this point I am gonna do what I have to do to survive. Even nights and weekends just I will never see my daughter I will have to let my parents take over when I am gone. And weekends? I won't be able to make the support groups anymore..........

Riley forlouughs and raised insurance? Yep if I stay that is where we are headed too. How do you survive? Isn't that a 10% paycut? I was told 2 forlough days is a 10%

I am County. We (SEIU) have agreed to at least 10 MTO (termed "furlough" because we will be closed) days at the end of the year, which is only like 2.8% and it is already coming out of our pay as of this pay period - so it is spread out over most of the year. We also agreed to a freeze on wages (although somehow I get an equity increase of 2%, but only for the last 6 months of our 1-year contract). Because of how they are doing the health insurance now - they are giving us each $3.46 an hour "allowance" to make up for increased health care costs, those who have only themselves to support on Kaiser are actually making money, those of us who have families to support are losing big-time - because my taxable income has gone up, my taxes have gone up, so now I have an extra $180 a month going to deferred comp to make up for that! On paper I make $90,000 a year but I bring home $3600, and $800 of that now goes to insurance. They TOTALLY screwed families on Kaiser with this stupid plan, but they did avoid some layoffs for THIS fiscal year. Next year will suck, and I think they should have gone ahead and laid some off this year and not been so hard on the reserves.

Oh and they have asked us all to take another 5% to 20% in "VTO" (voluntary time off," they say that if they can get 10% across the board it will avoid mid-year layoffs, and the savings are kept in the division that the sacrifices are being made in. In other words, if I want to save my co-worker's job, I have to take a 10% pay cut. The pressure is incredible. I can't do it!