Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I had top roman yesterday and that had sodium up the wazoo................I am feeling heavy and bloated today. Hoping the Water makes it go down..................

Funny how a couple of bad days................

Oh and Riley I was 205 now I am 210 I was 209 at my last weigh in than dropped another four the first week.........so two pounds last week and two point something this weekend...............I need my band tighter as a precaution!! LOL. I have no restriction at all.........stress and a loose band is a band combo.

Heres to shrinking livers!!

Ok my boss just told me "business as usual" and not to do anything different until the day you get your slip. What?? We should be working on closing things down........this is gonna be a nightmare if we all get slips on Friday and are gone on MOnday. Whoever is left will have a nightmare situation to clean up...............mixed messages why don't we just do the right thing and clean up things and get ready to shut down in a respectable manner. They say your going than don't anticipate going...............grrrr............how will all the kids and parents we serve feel when we just disappear without an explanation..........I don't like this at all!! Doesn't feel right..........they are saying now we MIGHT stay open if the budget changes..........?????...........budget won't change we live in Cali!! I am overruled yet again.................I can't tell my clients we are shutting down and get them prepared...............wrong on so many levels.....

Edited by swrktp

Hi Ladies:

I am a new member to the Lap Band forum and I am scheduled for my orientation at Kaiser Richmond on 9/8/09. I am not sure exactly how to use this site. I can't quite figure out how to start a post. (That's why I replied to this message.) I am excited and scared about the orientation. I've read a lot of the materials in the orientation document and on other web sites. It really helps reading everyone's experiences. Can you bring a family member with you to the orientation? Also do you get weighed at the orientation or do you have to do another appointment. I want to get started on the pre-surgery weight loss, but since I am very near the BMI cut off of 40 with no complications, I haven't started yet until I get them to officially record my weight.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Pat/Wantshealth

Hi my beautiful bandster babes.

So no i wont be moving on tuesday but there is no way im going, cause they will MAKE me step on the scale and im running from that right now. ugh. I was gonna go.. but also i dont wanna overwhelm our preop girls.. :biggrin:

So ive realized if i stick to the rules i dont pb. LOL GO FIGURE!:blushing: lolol For example.. enchilada.. if i eat the tortilla i feel it going down the whole time. If i just eat the cheese inside... im good.

We are officially moving next weekend i think, really depends on audrey. Just us unpackin the cars with her was a living nightmare. But i miss my stuffs... except same time i dont lol. Very mixed feelings. I dont like the idea of have a full house agian. Because there isnt much storage..

Candra, how are you doin beautiful????

Tina: i hope your job calms down...

Pam: Oh man im sorry they were so uncool and couldnt wait..

Chris hows ur tummy.

Jess: hows work? Getting excited??

Donna: iknow your doing great!!! Have you been doin the wii???

Everyone else hope you are all doing fantabulous!!!

Welcome wantshealth! So glad you have joined the thread, you will get use to how to post in no time! I am roseyyyd1, was banded in Dec at SSF Kaiser. Most ladies here have been banded, are being banded (go Candra, go Jes) and are in prep to be banded at Richmond. They will give you great tips for your orientation, but 1 thing for sure, dont try to lose any before then, that is the weight they will look at starting from, where you will drop for pre-op weight.

Riley (Jane) is from Santa Rosa, a few ladies around Vallejo, and several more around Sacramento. We do try to meet up for lunch, along with a Kaiser support group, at Richmond, I believe is on a Wed (they will details) and Sac, every 4th Sat off Arden Bus 80, next one being Sept. 26th.

We wish you the best, and dont be shy with any questions, this is the best support group, these ladies are incredible! To just post on the thread, under the last post, there will be a a blue box saying Post Reply, across from page numbers, just click on that to post! Hope this helps, and welcome here! :biggrin:

Tina, I hear ya babe. That is awful!!! those poor, poor children. I read about another death just last week . . . . yucko girlfriend. I would tell ya to harden your heart but we all know that you can't do that when it comes to the children! Thats what makes you soooo good.

Welcome Wantshealth! Yes you weigh at orientation, remember to wear your very heaviest clothes and keep a couple of rolls of nice heavy quarters in your pockets for the bridge toll on the way home, LOL - it is a nice short trip for you, just over the Richmond San Rafael bridge. Bad traffic through Marin County that time of day though!

You are very much encouraged to bring a support person to orientation, and to all of your appointments. Support is one of the biggest indicators of success!

There is a HUGE Sonoma County Weight Loss Surgery support group that meets at Wells Frago Center the 2nd Saturday of every month, September is out HUGE annual picnic I will send you more info :-) We also have a smaller Kaiser group that meets weekly to walk. WELCOME!!

Hi Ladies,

Miss you too nicole! Glad things are working out at the new place!

Tina & Riley - I'm up too.. 201 - I weighed in with Doc Fisher this morning! All this wedding crap - I'm so ready to resign as matron of honor - for real! cake baking/tasting, wine tasting, food tasting... I'M DONE! I've gained 2lbs over it and I know it's only 2lbs but that's where the ball starts to roll for me! I can't go in the wrong direction!

Welcome Pat! Just don't be late for Orientation... They will ask some silly questions and the answers are, you can't chew gum with the band because you may swallow it and it will get stuck, you can't drink thru a straw because you will suck in air that way and can stretch your pouch - oh, and caffeine can cause ulsers LOL. The class gets pretty full so I don't know if you can bring somebody to the orientation but I do know that they encourage you to have a "support" person -

Heather, why didn't your boyfriend come in with you at orientation?... would they not let him in?

Pat, don't be nervous - it's just alot of info like a lecture - EAT & DRINK in the morning before you get there - you want to weigh your most. No losing weight before! Start losing after breakfast/after class LOL. Don't let Doc Fisher scare you away from the band - he prefers RNY and usually gives the orientations there. Stick with us and we well get you thru it - this site and these ladies have gotten me all the way to surgery date - 9/14/09! woo hoo!

Everything is done but my perggers test - Chris you better not have jinxed me - LOL. Will do that Friday.

Jes, shopping will work out good on Thursday - don't worry about the so called physical - just did that today and all he did was listen to me breathe - didn't even get to get naked (shoot!)

Heather - how's school going - or should I even ask at this point... Sorry you missed the test but what about the 6+ chapters you are behind.... can you borrow a book from somebody over the weekend or check out cliffsnotes LOL.

Hey April - how did the singing in the park go? Would love to hear you guys some time. Hope your soreness goes away soon - what did the ins. co say?

Hi Donna! You know I'm never frustrated with you! No worries about Saturday, none of us made it - construction stopped us all! We shoulda went anyway just to watch the workers LOL. I don't want you renting a car to come Thursday! If Tina can't bring you don't worry about it - Jes & I will be together and we can muttle thru it - maybe, if she comes Friday, you can roll with her! I'm available Friday to hang with you guys, Tina & Jes & maybe Donna.

Hey Pat.... Let us know how orientation goes!

Hey Pat, one more thing... I know I talk alot when I'm on here! Anyway, under the last post - on the left hand side of the screen you will see a box that says "post reply" click on that and type away! Or at the very bottom of the screen you will see a quick reply box you can just type in that and click the box that says "Post quick reply"

Wow, Candra knows about the 'Quick Reply', oh and I guess she used it! hehehe Love you honey, hey you all make it all the way out here, the least we can do! We'll C!

Good food day today, 785 calories and within my limits for fat and carbs, and 77 grams of Protein. 140 oz of Water or herbal iced tea, so far - up to 10 pees! I sure hope it helps!

I only have 6 miles in so I'm headed out - I refuse to let this weight gain stick on me!!!

OK so where IS everybody???

Heather the last few times I have been out walking I have been thinking about you for some reason . . either we are walking together soon, or ?? I dunno it's kinda weird!!!

I'm here, just finished fixing my lunches for the next couple days. I had a good food day today.

b-1/2 hummus

l-1 cup stir fry veggies

d-salad, 2 lamb shops

s-sugar free fudge pop

Good for you Jes, wow that IS a good food day!

And just think, in a couple of weeks you will SO be done after just the fudgsicle!! SO CLOSE!

Heather, why didn't your boyfriend come in with you at orientation?... would they not let him in?

Heather - how's school going - or should I even ask at this point... Sorry you missed the test but what about the 6+ chapters you are behind.... can you borrow a book from somebody over the weekend or check out cliffsnotes LOL.

He did come! They make your support person sit in the back of the room so they know who is a patient, and who is a support person. He did get bored at the end and sat out in the hall with the other husbands. lol.

Well, my teacher was really cool about the book thing and is giving me extra time. He said I'll have to work hard to catch up but that its do-able. I have this Thurs off, so I'm going to read! I just hope my book gets here by then...

The coolest thing happened today. I was talking with a coworker and asking how her 2 week vacation went. She said I inspired her to work out the whole vacation, and cut out the sugar. I inspired her?! I felt really good. Like really, really good. So exciting.

Dudette Heather, that's SUPER cool! I bet you did feel great. You were born to be a leader, and it's a comin' out now sister!

Cool about your book not being a big hassle at least until Thursday, too . . . I know you can catch up, you're a rockstar!!

So how are you going to time your surgery around school? Or vice versa?