Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I work for the state and I used my own time for 9 days when I had my surgery and I had to fill out the FMLA paperwork too - it is so they can't hold it against you for taking the time off. I was able to use 5 days of sick leave and 4 days of vacation. FMLA in itself is not paid leave - you still have to use your sick leave or whatever you have on the books to use.

I work for the state and I used my own time for 9 days when I had my surgery and I had to fill out the FMLA paperwork too - it is so they can't hold it against you for taking the time off. I was able to use 5 days of sick leave and 4 days of vacation. FMLA in itself is not paid leave - you still have to use your sick leave or whatever you have on the books to use.

mee too, I have a gang of sick time so I'm using it instead of vacation. but what I don't understand is why they are asking me to fill this out before I leave and according to Tina and the others are hinting at it, I won't get this filled out until after surgery. This elective thing is bothering me...I hope I don't have to tell the job I'm doing an elective surgery.

I filled mine out before I had surgery. If I recall I had my surgeon me something stating I was having surgery and how long I needed to be out. Just request they don't put anything on the letterhead or in the letter stating what type of surgery you are having. No one ever asked me if it was elective surgery - doesn't matter if you are using your sick leave - the FMLA is just a formality. You can take FMLA if you have a sick child, that requires care, not just if you have surgery.

Thanks Reggie! what time is your appt on Thursday? I'm usually in the office all day on thursdays but I will see what i can do! Oh, i sure warn you too, this wedding i'm talking about is for the one that wants a police themed wedding LOL! maybe hafta put little badges & handcuffs & things all over the cake LMAO

Are you serious about the plice themeLOL. Well I can talk about that . My appointment is at 2:30 so I assume by 3:30 I should be done with Dr.Park.

Sorry things are going rough right now Nicole...I'm thinking good thoughts for all 3 of you.

What salmon recipe did you make?

REGGIE--the only thing to know is to NOT EAT for 6 hours before your fill. That's about it! Good luck!!! Let us know asap how it goes and how much of a fill you get.

Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted. I bet she's probably going to give me .5 or less since I already have 6ccs.

I filled mine out before I had surgery. If I recall I had my surgeon me something stating I was having surgery and how long I needed to be out. Just request they don't put anything on the letterhead or in the letter stating what type of surgery you are having. No one ever asked me if it was elective surgery - doesn't matter if you are using your sick leave - the FMLA is just a formality. You can take FMLA if you have a sick child, that requires care, not just if you have surgery.

thanks Pam, this was my original question. I called Bev to find out if I needed make an extra appt with Dr Park to give me some documentation and she sent me on this wild goose chase :) I'll just ask her myself when I have my pre op appt.

ok it's time for me to go home...I'm walking tonight Candra 6pm at the bridge :)

Hello ladies!

Well it is another crazy day at work but I have been logged on here all day just reading between calls on how everyone's day is going. I am taking a little break for myself so I thought I would post something...

Donna - Good afternoon to you...hope you are having a great day! It feels good to be able to keep intouch with everyone on here and feel the love even when I am busy runnin around like a chick with it's head cut off! BTW - Are you going next weekend to the walk ( I think they said Petaluma- but might be wrong)?

Nicole - Good to hear that your Breakfast seemed to go down okay. I hope the rest of your day is just as good. I seem to be doing ok with food myself. I haven't pb'd since friday!!! Yeah for me! But I did get something stuck (pretty painful) last night. It was back to the mindless eating for me again. I was cooking and tried picking before it was all complete. That was a mistake!

Well anyways I will be praying for you and your family I want to see the best for you and little Audrey. It would be nice to have you clser here in Sac but no matter what you ultimately decide I know I can speak for everyone when I say we will all be here for you! Just hang in there!

Candra - I'm not doing too bad about getting back on track. Today seems to be okay...had few things I shouldn't have already but not as bad as I have done before I started coming back to the support group meetings so that is definitely a good sign! Concentrating on more Protein but still eating some carbs. Example...

B - Protein Shot / 1 (pkg has 2, I only had 1 of them and saved the other) Fiber One strawberry Pop Tart

L - 1 cup salad greens w/ 1/4 c Feta cheese and 1/4 c canned chicken and 1 oz BBQ Chicharrones (Pork Skins)

S - 1 cup of Homemade snack mix (Mix of Cheese Its, Wheat Thins, Chex and mini pretzels

BTW - I am trying the Onion Soup....It is in my crockpot as I sit here and type cooking so I can have it after Choir practice...I'm so excited to try it! :) Question....do you think it has to have the onion Soup mix? I didn't have any....but I can run to the store and get some in a few and throw it in there before I go to choir practice if I have to.

I just sabotaged my entire week of hard work. I ate soooo much today it is sickening:cursing:. It's a good thing I am due for a fill.

I ate

Bfst- 2 boiled eggs

Pseudo breakfast1 Bagels lots of smear

S- 1 bagel with lots of smear

L-1 bagel with lots of smear

1 cup of general Tsao chicken from Walmart

S- 1 raisin bagel with lots of honey almond smear

Mind you, I haven't had dinner yet. I guess I have to go totally Protein tomorrow to drop a couple of pounds before I meet Dr. Park on Thursday. Why do some of us do this???? I need all you psych majors and social workers, nevermind the fact that I am a social work with a psych background LOL.

Edited by reggie71

Reggie Woman, U so cute! When you figure that part out, enlighten the rest of us! lol But, guess that is why we are here, and we get to figure it out, & grow with our own learning curves in the process.(as we become more curvy!) Excited for u on Thurs, girl, u have done so well, b4 ur first fill! Hey April! Don't think I can make it Sat, have a meeting that day and was gone past 2 Sats.

I do know anyone going will have a blast, so I'll be sad!

I had Dr. Im fax me the letter for my FMLA application, but if you're going to be there you could pick it up. Might be good to send an e-mail ahead of time letting the surgeon know what you need so it will be ready to pick up.

I made an appointment with my PCP for a physical - was able to get it on Sept 4 - a furlough Friday so I don't have to take time off. I haven't seen him for almost 2 years - I sent him an e-mail after surgery letting him know I had it. It will be interesting to see what he says about my weight loss - and he better notice it.

Better make my kids some dinner before they start snacking.

REggie: We ALLL do it. I promise you are NOT anywhere near alone on this one:) And when you can tell me why that will be nice:) Carbs though i noticed are what did you in. Next time try doing a fruit or something other then a second bagel. What i do when i get hungry on a day of carbs i will totally try somethin diff cause they are addicting..

Tina: hope you are ok.

Candra: Mine does that also.. computers are not so smart.. always..

Donna: toobad your not ocming i am..

Hey did anyone call Liz about Sat?? Mike and i are staying in the area Fri night if anyone wants to get together and do dinner? ??

Pam: hows the teacher doing??

Jess: You shouldnt have to tell them its an elective surgery im pretty sure that is NONE of their biz, and illegal if they ask..

April.. ive decided to finish up my apt hunting tomorrow.. so ill know tomorrow afternoon:) Mike and i are gonna work on us. Today with him gone has made me start to get respect back again already. Crazy how you can get suffocated with your spouse..

I didnt have any more pbing incidents today (never taking tylenol like that again!) here is the cool thing here is my menu..

B: 1/4 c potatoes and 1 fried egg yummy lots of moistness and 1tsp ketshup for extra.. 125

L: 1/4 c beef and 1/8 c salmon 300 calories

S: Almonds 80 cal

And the only reason ur dumb friend had almonds was well audrey is my only friend lol...:) But im not hungry and its interesting. This am did scare me with tylenol gettin stuck but oh well.

I am on another stupid plateu.. i will start to work on that tomorrow i think.. im just only getting about 6 hrs of sleep so im kinda POOPED. Emotionally and physically. My daughter has drank more then me today now that isnt good..

Who else posted.. eh... loss for words:D ttyl

ok it's time for me to go home...I'm walking tonight Candra 6pm at the bridge :)

Darn it - I just check in and saw this- am i too late??

I'll be there Saturday - Jes, Tamra - you guys coming? April - if you and your daughter want to come we can ride together from Vallejo. You guys can meet me here (jes & tamra too) and we can all ride in - Nicole you, Mike & Auds can too - we can caravan woo hoo! Guess I should check with the hubby to see if I can take his car LOL.

Donna, darn it! You need to come - bring your family!

I think Tina said she was going to call Liz.

Riley - you back today or thrusday - can't remember

did we all decide if we were picnicking?