Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

You're so close to surgery you can see the light! We're forced to stick with it!

Ok, wierd thing today. I've been wanting to pig out all day. Total head hunger. I didn't do anything but I was wanting to just eat junk. I don't know if it's one of those last supper feelings or what, but I wanted to get a full calorie coffee drink, cookie dough, enchiladas... all sorts of stuff. I don't really know what that's about, but I'll drink my orange Vitamin Water 10 until it passes.

I have family in Denver!! And one of my sisters friends is banded and that is how I found out about the whole thing. I even think they have a bariatrics in Denver through Kaiser right in town................

Candra. I will be getting a pink slip cause my department is shutting down at 60 of us will get one. 200 totall CPS workers will be laid off. That is half of CPS. If I have enough seniority I can take the pink slip and give it to someone who has less time than me and take their spot. I think how it works is I tell managment I want their spot and they than give that person a pink slip and take me back..........sorta brutal. But my number is right at the 50% cutoff so it is very likely I don't have enough seniority to trade my pink slip out........

ANyway they are predicting 10X the normal caseload. I am at 4X now and barely surviving I don't think honestly I can keep up with the 10X thing.........so it might be a blessing to go. NO more overtime and 2-3 furlough ordered a month starting in November.............more work, less time, less pay, less workers................might not be such a great deal............If I get laid off I can get unemployment I think for 12 weeks.......should give me enough time to find something in Denver!! :-)

This was my backup plan. I have Denver all worked out. I will live with my sister and babysit her kids until I find a job...........I might just totally get out of the social worker field. Not sure I want to do it anymore..........

I also applied to work as a computer programer and an hospital worker in town.

My only issues is Kaiser............ah I want to keekp Kaiser until APril or so. I gotta call Liz tomorrow........

Thank god for Cobra!

I need to look into Cobra I don't know to much about it expect it is expensive...........Thanks for the tip!!

How are things at the sheriffs department?

Ok here is the final word coming down.......

We lost 10 million in funding to the sheriffs office which is a huge part of the reason for the layoffs. So I am hoping that the Sheriffs are ready to do social work to help CPS out cause they sure are gonna need it.............to bad it has to be either or..........they are saying they saved 200 sheriffs jobs by cutting 200 from CPS...............seriously things are pretty bad when you have to decide between safety for kids and safety for a community........

But I think the whole county (everyone) is going on forloughs 2-3 times a month starting November 8, 2009. You hear anything Heather about forloughs??

No talk of furloughs with my union. Thats where it gets wierd. I know a lot of us would rather take furloughs than see so may layoffs but because they'd be voluntary furloughs, they can't be counted on, thus not a fiscal savings. Somehow I knew that money came from your budget... it's so frusterating. Sheriff's Dept, Probation & CPS are vital to the safety of the county. Maybe I'm biased, but it seems like those 3 depts have taken huge hits. It's like we're being asked to do impossible tasks, you have to do the work of 10 social workers, we still had to cut over 200 deputies and the state wants to release felons! We're not prepared for that! Probation can't handle it, what are they thinking?

And I just did some total mindless eating while making lunches for tomorrow. What for? Ugh. I just need to go to bed!

OMG HEather they still laid off 200 officers!! I didn't know that. Really sux!! Yep Probation took a HUGE hit in February I had a friend there. I think they just keep rotating between the three departments.............I am really scared what is gonna happen in our county, never mind our state...........

We are cutting sheriffs and probation and CPS and letting the felons out. At the same time we are closing the mental hospitals so add the mentally ill to the mix. I think public safety is gonna go crazy!! YOu can't help but predict the worse.............crazy, crazy, crazy stuff.

Get your surgery as soon as you can before the county does any more crazy layoffs Heather!! I am so glad I got mine done..........working on Dentist and eye doctor this week.............trying to get it all in just in case!!

Now I need to talk to Dr. Baggs about coming in twice in September and mayb October.............If I could get to my sweet sport before I move or lost my insurance that would be so GREAT!!

nite ladies I will be off and on the next few days.........but I will read and keep up just can't post from work and I am gonna be there alot this week!!

Morning ladies,

Tina I'm so sorry that you have to make such drastic a move, but under the circumstances it sounds like you are getting ahead of it and making all the necessary preparations. Stay strong and try not to stress it’s not good for the band.

We have our furloughs looming too, with my new position I think I’m at 18-20 days now.

I need to make some calls to bariatrics too, I got my FMLA paperwork yesterday and I guess I need to set up appointments to get that taken care of. Did anyone have FMLA? Or know how that works. I want to be sure I’m ahead of that too since I can’t afford to be without a check.

Last night I baked a chicken and made chicken salad for lunch today with the leftovers…I’m excited about that.

OK, have a nice day ladies I’ll check back in later.

Oh that FMLA stuff was complicated. My supervisor did the paperwork wrong and I missed a paycheck......or lets say I didn't get a paycheck for almost 6 weeks.

I think you get the FMLA stuff done at work. THan the day of surgery you get the paperwork as you leave the hospital. You give the paperwork to the medical secratary beforeyou leave. That is sorta a pain cause you don't feel like doing that. YOu can have the person who brings you turn it in for you.

Ok crazy busy today trying to get stuff closed out and wound down............will check in but probably won't be on to much today.

Thanks Jes. I still may stay in Sac but just not sure yet. I have other applications out around town but for stuff that is not social worker related. I think for social work I have to get out of California.............I could still make the CPS cut but not likely. HOnestly I don't think CPS will survive the next year.............by next summer I think it will close down. They won't be able to operate with the current staff levels and more layoffs in January is what we are hearing.............than another round next summer. ONly 220 left so not much left to cut. I really think CPS will close down.............we are thinking the sheriff's department will take over CPS jobs eventually.

I don't think CPS will be around much longer or if it is It will be reduced way down to just the very, very worst cases............

Good morning all -

Tina you are in my prayers! Hate to see you go but it sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise - 10x the workload is asking the impossible!

Heather & Jes - will keep my fingers crossed for you too that nothing happens -

Riley - how bout you ? You safe for now?

This place is going to Hell in a handbasket! We NEED the Sheriffs and we NEED CPS and we definately NEED the mental hospitals to stay open and the felons to stay in prison. Our safety and the well being of the children are way to important to give up - WTF???

What is this FMLA paperwork? I didn't get it - maybe because I don't work??

I NEVER thought about FMLA, I was just going to use all my vacation time....who do I contact for that? I haven't taken any time besides my maternity 3 years ago, so I have no clue what happens, etc cause HR @ Longs did everything for me....