Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'll post tomorrow after I call Richmond. If I can go over on the 3rd we can carpool Tina - what will be have for lunch after a fill - Water? I am going to beg to go over on the 3rd. Hopefully Dr. Im is there that day.

I'm thinking I need to move my therapist appt up sooner than Aug 28. My teacher friend is giving me mixed signals again - he came over to my house last Friday evening for a while. I talked to him in his classroom for about half an hour after school yesterday and I caught him eyeing me up and down - not sure that is a good thing - my son and daughter were in the room too. He looked so darn attractive I could hardly stand it. No wonder I turned to the ice cream.- there goes my emotional eating - need to read a few chapters of my Beck's Diet Solution.

Pam do you have the workbook that goes with Beck's?

The first part is Liz the second part is Robin.

Candra I will try to get there by on time but I need to see if I can get my daughter a ride that day first. Otherwise I will be close to 9am depending on traffic.

Liz might like us there or we might be a distraction......like if I come in chewing gum or saying not to follow the diet or something!!LOL...............I am not totally perfect and I know she wants to stress following the rules...........which I agree with but I do have my mess ups sometimes!! I think as long as I don't talk to much!! LOL.

I will let you know when it gets closer. Could you find out for sure if it is 8 or 8:30??

Ah Pam your like me I like the bad boys and the men who give mixed signals spark my interest!! Maybe you better make this a ME year.........LOL. Except your almost a year out already..........maybe that is why he is coming around because you almost done with your ME year!!

Let me know Pam it would be fun to ride together.

LOL. I forgot about the fill I was so excited about hanging out with you guys!! LOL. I guess we could have a clear soup...........yuck!!

No I don't have the workbook, just the book. My therapist suggested the book - she has gone to seminars put on by Judith Beck and she specializes in eating issues.

Candra, you're probably right about the time. I'm too lazy to get up off my butt and check the card. Yea at the meetings everyone shows their scars etc so we can see the handy work. LOL

I've heard of beck diet...maybe I should look it up. I guess I'll need to get some reading material for after surgery.

I wonder how many people are at the meeting are they just people getting the surgery the next week?

New book ladies that I am reading......

1. Press Pause before you Eat ...say goodbye to Mindless eating and say hello to the JOys of Eating

Dr. Lina Mintle

Just starting but looks really good. I got some books today to read............I will post the others they all look good............

I'll have clear Soup with you Tina. I am not attracted to the bad boys - he is really old school - he was raised in Kansas and is really down to earth. He is my daughter's teacher this year so I will see him every day when I pick her up and help out in the class on my furlough Fridays. At some point I may get the nerve to ask him what the deal is - I think I am okay with just being friends with him as long as I know that is what we are.

The pre op class is people having surgery in September. Most of the people there you will see post op at group fills.......if you have group fills.

hanging out after would be cool to if you guys have time. I know you can't eat, but since you'll be in the neighborhood :D

oh yeah - I forgot to add that Tamra and I are now friends on Facebook - it is so wonderful to have so many girlfriends that I can be honest with and not be judged. What would I do without my lap band ladies?

I will check out the book you mentioned Tina.

Thanks Pam, just wondering if anyone has it? I like the book a lot - most parts of it - but I don't actually "do" it like it says . . when I have a cognitive therapy workbook before (can't remember the name, long time ago) I actually DID the exercises, and it was SO helpful in changing my thinking, I thought maybe that workbook's what I need. Maybe I'll go on Amazon & get it, although its also good excuse to go to some big bookstores, and I LOVE bookstores :-)

Well Pam I just don't like him giving mixed messages. I am pretty sure he knows you like him.......I just hope he doesn't hurt you. Maybe just assume friends and than be suprized if anything else?? Working in his classroom will be good.........give you an idea in a non stressful enviroment where he stands.

Just don't want you hurt over the whole thing is all?? I don't like mixed messages from men................to confusing and people get hurt.

Ok, ok, I will stay out of your business.............sorry just don't want a man making you crave vanilla ice cream!! :-)

I heard about the Pess Pause book... Actually I think it was Donna who told me LOL

Pam if he keeps dropping hints I'd say something. Guys have a way of pulling your string until you call them on it. At least be koi and ask about a significant other just to see his reaction. If it were me and my track record he'd be married.

Pam I will pass the book on to you when I am done. No need for you to buy it unless you want to.........I still have the Beck solution from Candra........I need to finish it up and than give it back to Candra so she can lend it out again!!

Riley they didn't have the workbook when I was at the bookstore they said you have to order it..............