Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OOOHHHH. . . the "bathroom" thing! Sausage is the right term Jes, LOL . . . .

Well 1200 is probably radically reduced from what you used to eat, so that is going to limit volume - and sometimes frequency - right there. I did not really have the issue pre-op but I sure do have it now! Not always, just like 1/2 the time, lucky me! They SAY it will not happen if you drink LOTS of Water, and walk a lot, and I did both of those things and did not have issues. However I also do both of those things now, and I do have issues!

For me, I think is was drastically reducing carbs. I was still eating wheat until the end of my pre-op journey, and I think cutting it out (whole grains, etc) created a problem for me frequency-wise. Liz and Robin will tell you that it is not at all unusual due to the greatly reduced volume of food, and you shuld only do something about it if it is actually uncomfortable. Then they recommend Benefiber powder, like the kind in the packets that you add to your water bottles? Looks like crystal light . . . .

Im not uncomfy at all, it's just weird...where is the food? ? LOL I drink 64+ oz Water a day!

I have ate tuna M-F for almost 3 weeks. could that be it?? and i getting to much Iron and other stuff? should i switch to a plain salad for a bit?

Iron could definately do it! And at my last visit, Robin told me to take Calcium with magnesium in it, as the magnesium has a laxative effect. Isn't it great what we talk about onhere, LOL . . .

I've been using Decaf green tea when I can't stand it anymore. But I'm wondering what I'm going to do once I have surgery. I've tried benifiber and it did nothing for me.

I knowwww!! 16.7 lbs left!! (not counting the 3 I gained back this morning)

I really am trying hard, I had stopped measuring, etc so I started again today, as well as stopped my coffee run....

well as you can see from my dates I was on the slow boat in the beginning...plus I was still contemplating. but I'm glad I made up my mind and stuck with it.

yeah your almost there! next month wow!!

So how far out are the surguries right now? Say if I am 250 by Sept 8th, you think Id be in early Oct?

Tamra- Beverly told me they are scheduling surgeries for October right now. So maybe you and I will make it to the October date and recover during holloween. Dang waht a time to be around so much darn candy. I'm giving out lil toys probably. taking myself to the wishing well b4 surgery. Need to avoid that temptation.

About Bathroom issues. I was having that problem adn I up'd on Water and started eating prunes..yeah prunes the stuff you grandma eats it helps. I get the prunes that come individually wrapped I think theyre called "Ones" anyway I pop them in the refrigerator get them real cold and they are not that bad. good luck with that.

By the way - Hello ladies hope you had a great day today. I wont be on-line to much tonight It's my turn to take Tony (my son) to f-ball practice.

Also you can get the prunes in the babyfood jars that aren't to bad.........I used those post op a few times. But regardless of how they are packaged I don't like prunes.

Ok back to protiens this week and yep I can't go either. Eating benvefiber and lots of Water but still an issues and darn it adds pounds on the scale that I don't like.....

One thing the works for me is hot tea!! Or a skinny vanilla latte................shhhss................sorta works too. I drink one right before a fill to clean me out for my weigh in.........but I didn't tell you all that!! You just thought you heard that.

Gonna miss my girls at the next fill.................:-) But glad I don't have to do the drive over again so soon. I was just in the Bay area last week I am all drived out!! :-P

Hey Ladies watching Oprah...........yep I made it home in time.

Dr. Oz is on and a girl is asking him about gastric bypass. He told her that she has to work on nutrition and has to address her head hunger.........he called it eating to fill a whole..........and get this.........He told her for a younger person like her he would recommend banding over RNY.........................

Oprah will come back on tonight at 9pm at least in Sacramento..........

He told her he was gonna help her look into the banding procedure..........I half expected him to tell her no way but I was pleasantly surprized!!

Yea banding in the news!!

Ah ok Oprah is also a obesity and nutrition show..........very cool I am gonna watch it later tonight since I got a whole 5 minutes!! Just enough to hear about the banding!!

Edited by swrktp

Tina-Yeah it takes getting used to the taste of prunes but it doesnt bother me. I set my DVR this morning to record Oprah I plan to watch it when I get back tonight or watch it early am tomorrow.

Can someone tell me how to add the ticker on my signature? I went to the website and created my ticker but I think where I go wrong is loading it on this site. Do I use the Blog code, HTML code or what code do I use? and where do I place it. In the body of my signature or do I upload it somehow either way it's not turning out right. please help!

Candra - didn't mean to cause you to worry about the port. Mine only sticks out sometimes. I don't have a scar in between my boobs - it is to the left and I can hardly see it.

I'm gonna dvr Oprah tonight so I can see - thanks for the heads up.

I e-mailed Dr. Im and asked him if I needed to call to make an appointment for a small fill and he said to call the office and get an appointment. I guess I thought when he said he'd see me in 2 mths that they would be making the appointment for me.

My kids are bugging me about making dinner and I have no clue what I am making -

I have to make a quick trip to the store tonight - still need to get a few school supplies that the schools requested today. Can't they all send the requests home at the same time so I don't have to keep making trips to the store - I was already at Wal Mart at lunch - couldn't find a graph paper composition book.

I am now friends with Candra, Heather, Nicole, and Donna on Facebook - is anyone else on Facebook?

Pam I am on FB go into Candra's friend list and fine me. Or I can try to find you................

Oprah is on teen weight issues but looks like really good information........label reading and advice on weight.........is what I saw in 5 minutes. Just happy that band got a goo word in!!

Tamra If your at goal by the surgeons appointment it is about 4 week out usually.........I think sometimes up to 6 when they are busy!!