Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamra the social worker in me has to say one thing that might piss you off..........this girl is NO WAY your friend....sounds like your getting used and have been for a long time..............I don't like her one bite.........

My prediction you will be done with her before you even get banded. Your outgrowing her already................

*****hiding in a corner hoping not to get a swift kick from Tamra***** :-0

LOL Tina, as you know I did college & grad school too, but never had to learn to be nice to get my MA!!!! And it shows!!

You could totally do 50 in a week! OK maybe 100 by Halloween, that's 20 a week how's that? It's less than 10,000 steps a day and every one of us needs to be getting that!

I don't know Tina, this is the weirdest thing, I have zero PB issues now! It's like my band is tight enough that stuff does not get stuck in it anymore, so as long as I do not overeat I am not going to PB. I actually "feel" it less, in that regard, no stuck and no PB. I have had some minor sliming when I overfill my pouch by a bite, but I walk away & do something else and I'm fine. really weird, but WONDERFUL!

I don't like her one bit!! But i also might like to bite her......LOL!!

I think I will be there Pam!! I am gonna try. I have something next weekend but gonna try to go to the group since I don't get to see my girls for the fill this week.......I need a check in since my next fill is alone and our next support meeting is not until late september...........

Tamra the social worker in me has to say one thing that might piss you off..........this girl is NO WAY your friend....sounds like your getting used and have been for a long time..............I don't like her one bite.........

My prediction you will be done with her before you even get banded. Your outgrowing her already................

*****hiding in a corner hoping not to get a swift kick from Tamra***** :-0

LOL!!!! your cracking me up!!! i agree with you, which is funny...and feeling used, yes i have by her many times....

I am a super loner. I have never had alot of friends. I missed out having fun in school, when I turned 21, etc....I am shy too, which doesnt help, so I tend to hold on to people....but i am looking forward to becoming closer to you all....

I can't wait Riley.............I can't wait!!

But so much easier to eat my protiens again. That last week no protiens at one except for half a protien shake on Tuesday..........I did my calorie count today!!

I so missed my lentils and veggie meats. They weren't going down after the last fill so I gave them up........I didn't realize that until the last few days. I really missed my comfort foods!!! Happy to have them back but worried I am so, so hungry today.............making up for last week?? I don't know so hungry today..........

100 I will aim for!! I need to up my exercise game alot!!

Tina you are so brave! So right, and so brave . . . .

Serioulsy, this is a good discussion topic. How many friends did you lose, and was it permanent? I had to stay away from 1 in particular that was really hard, one oif my 2 best friends and I had to stay away complelety for 7 months. she kinda tried to be supportive but it's like Tina said, the change was not comfortable for her because it meant that SHE needed to change, well once I got stronger - and she saw that I was going to do what I had to do for me, she would harang me a bit and then back right off and say, you are right and I am so proud of you! I did not need any more change from her than that, and we are fine now - although I will still back off for a while if I feel like I need to, but she noi longer gets butt-hurt about it. Oh and she is obese also, once in a while she says she wants the band but she is not willing to give up cigarettes, beer and sloth-like behavior and I was - that's the issue. Our other best friend has been 1000% supportive, was my support person for surgery and everything, she's who I hike with and she has totally adopted my changes aloing with me, and has lost 20 lbs! Everyone handles it SO differently, its hard.

Tamra we will harass that shy right out of you!!! You already have a new set of friends, and the more you reach out like this the more like-minded people who appreciate YOU will you find. Keep it up you are rocking this weight loss mental thing already!!!

You ladies will be proud of me. We're going to a movie tonight and with Candra in mind, I'm wearing my size 20 Petite Avenue Denim-light jeans! They're not a real 20 of course, but they're definately not too big! And I'm wearing a 2x camisol underneath my shirt. If I can get pics tonight I'll post them. Oooh, and I'm wearing heels too. lol.

Yea good going Tamra...........you'll be fine!!

I am also a loner. Total loner exept for the last few months. I don't know what has come over me!! I still like my independence and can be bossy and...............shhh......I have some control issues..............but I am out and about alot more lately.

Did I give up friends. Not really cause I didn't have anyone really close to me. I did decide no dating at all until I have year to myself and and to focus on just me.........finding loser mean is my speciality ya know!! But I did tell my male friends (2 guys I know from college) I had no intention of dating or being serious with anyone this is entirely a me year. I didn't tell them about the surgery but they sorta gave me a hard time..........like maybe it is a cope out cause your scared to date sorta thing........well hell ya I have meet some real loser guys so why bring all that chaos into my life on a ME year........well hell it might be a ME two years..........November is coming sooner than I thought.........

Geesh November 8, 2008 I decided to get the band and started the process.......never guess ˆwould at this spot and almost 50 pounds down 9 months later.......

Edited by swrktp

I don't really know yet how many people I "have" to give up yet LOL I haven't told anybody I'm doing this except my husband, you guys and the millions of people reading this forum. I do know that I choose not to 'hang out" with any of them right now because all they do is eat & drink. When Im around such good food - Like Yesterday - my old habbits kick in and I eat till I'm stuffed - I can't be trusted! LOL. All my friends are on the larger side.

You ladies will be proud of me. We're going to a movie tonight and with Candra in mind, I'm wearing my size 20 Petite Avenue Denim-light jeans! They're not a real 20 of course, but they're definately not too big! And I'm wearing a 2x camisol underneath my shirt. If I can get pics tonight I'll post them. Oooh, and I'm wearing heels too. lol.

I'm proud - I'll be even more proud if you can avoid the popcorn - hahaha what are you going to see?

For me walking away from two relationships is when I learned all about outgrowing people and that when you improve and change yourself you sometimes lose people close to you in the process.................this time not so much but my divorce and than I was engaged four years ago and I broke that off...........OMG that taught me so much about life and outgrowing people and changes.....

Here is the thing you can love someone with all your heart and they can still not be the right person for you.........

To me if someone really loves you they will let you go if that is what it takes to let you grow and become a better person........if someone tries to hold you back for their benefit well what does that really say?? And sometimes you have to realize trying to change someone or drag them alone with you on YOUR journey is not respecting them either. Leaving people behind is also an act of courage and accepting you have no control over them and it arrogant to think you do is a hard lesson to learn. *****ok, ok I fess up I learned this the hard way too***

My new theory is live and let live.........simple as that. And "it is what it is..........nothing more and nothing less" Hard for me to learn that stuff.......

I am just so attracted to people that help me grow and learn more about myself............I like to be around people who make me strive to be better, to be stronger and to grow more emotionally and spiritually...........and now health wise too............just so darn exciting to be around those people...........you age and learn I guess.

I have gotten good at walking away from the negetive........except for my own negetive but darn it where can I go to hide from myself.........or my darn overactive brain!! :-P But that is only some days when the estrogen kicks in..........again thank you Dr. Baggs for revving up that engine again. No wonder they worry so much about people getting pregnant................i could sell some estrogen and still have to much!!

Alot of this I have learned from the school of hard knocks!! I have to learn everything by butting my head against walls so have been "through it"...............but also from all the people I have helped over the years get sober and leave abusive men ect...............I almost hate to say it but my clients have educated me and helped me grow more than I have helped them.............I have learned alot about human behavior.......and of one thing I am convinced people don't often change..........and when they do it is miraculous and nothing less...........that is why I am so happy being part of a group of people in the 10th percentile........or maybe Liz would say 20th (20 percent make it to surgery!!)

ONe of my favorite sayings is "people will wade through hell with only a faint glimmer of hope to drive them forward" I think we can all sorta relate to that!! I know I can

Edited by swrktp