Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OMG, Tina - you created a monster! I forgot how much I love white potatoes! Surprise, my brother BBQ'd (salmon) made baked potatoes and i ate one! Grrr. Probably gained 5lbs since yesterday. so, no more food for me tonight. sunday's are hard because my brother loves to cook and he starts early on sunday so he can "graze" all day long. Hardly no Water the last two days - better get on that now.

Anything you want, really. You still have about 3.5 weeks til surgery right? Maybe another 5 lbs before surgery and then an EASY 15-20 after surgery? You could make a really conservative goal of 20 lbs and I bet ya you'll go WAY over it!

Wow - 20lbs would put me at 180.6 - i just don't know what to do with myself under 200lbs LOL. Ok, so 20 it is. I need to work on this ticker thing. for some reason whenever I try it just shows up some gibberish code on my siggy.

Well I only lost 12 pounds after surgery!! Than hit bandster hell big time............I lost 12 in the first 2-3 weeks than hit a plateau big time.........went up and down five for awhile......than settled in at 12..............

Most of them did better than me candra but just so you know you don't automatically lose that much post op!!

That is also before your first fill so some of that time you spend in bandster hell!!

Not trying to discourage ya just telling what happened to me.

That said I want to set a goal for Halloween. Thinking about what that will be.........

For sure I want to be in Onederland by than...........I would like to be 195?? well lower actually.........ok thinking......

I also would like to set a goal like in the next six weeks or so I will walk 50 miles..........does that sound doable.

Ok I will come up with some stuff than post it up............

Oh I gained five pounds after surgery but that fell off and 8 more within two days.................

My weight loss is slow.......I average about a pound a week or a bit more since surgery.........16 weeks, 20 pounds!! Don't feel like doing the math though...........LOL!!

Tina, since I lose so slow too, I bet I'll be about the same. I don't mind though. As long as it comes off! I want to lose about 50 more lbs then I'll be happy! Hopefully, I'll be at goal by next summer!

Next summer for sure you will be at goal. Probably way before........

I am gonna aim for 180 or 27 more down. Than I will probably go down to 150 as my second goal.........waiting to see what 180 feels like..........

29BMI is 180

25BMI is 150

Candra I know we lose about the same so that is why I told ya.......I was discouraged but Dr. Baggs was like expect 1-2 pounds per week so I am right on the chart........

Candra if you still have almost a month until surgery.......girl you could do 20 or really close to........easy

well ladies (Riley mentioned me starting today again) that didnt happen...had some chili cheese fries....

a friend of mine REALLY pissed me off Friday, and I just lost my drive....seriously...all she keeps telling me is save money to remove extra skin because I will have alot, and they she read on the lapband that all the woman always need it; she told me if i have extra skin it will be horrible, that she would never want to show her body if she was me, etc etc etc...shes been doing this to me the past few months.....finally friday i said f-it...got my cheesecake...yesterday i did decent...today the fries, snacked on some pickles, soda..etc....i am a sensitive person and sometimes others negativity rub off on me ALOT...

I am going to Safeway tonight to buy my salad for the week, cottage cheese, etc...I had a major slip and with only 16 lbs to go I shouldnt let it happen...darn i feel like imma cry...why do people say things they dont need too?????

Tamra

It is hard for people around you to accept change. When you change they either have to change to fit into your world or you outgrow them.....when you change your life it changes the lifes of people around you whether they like it or not. It is scary for your friends to think about how your gonna change and outgrow them or that they will have to change to keep up with your pace..............

She is trying to pull you down to stop your changing because that meets her needs and makes her world better for her. She is trying to even the status quo...........if you don't change her life stays the same..........this is all about the other person and has nothing to do with you. ONce you get that than you won't let other people get to you so much.......they will lose their power over you!!

Just painful to outgrow people and say goodbye. I know, I know........hard not to take a second and sometimes even third and fourth glance back to see what they are doing? To make sure they really are gonna let you walk out of their lives....to see they aren't willing to go on the same path or journey that your on. What is really hard is when those people we outgrow are our families particularly our spouse..............but check the statistics it happens.

I don't have the same friends, attitude or mind set I had 9 months ago when I started this journey. You can't have this surgery and go through this process without growing and changing impossible.......

Part of the learning curve with this surgery and you WILL GET stronger!! I have seen the girls I started this journey with in November totally grow and change into different people in just 9 months........I see the new people who joine back in the Spring making huge changes. So get ready Tamra you in for the ride now...............just go with the process your gonna come out of this a much stronger and more confident woman!!

Make sense?? That is why so much divorce and change of friends and jealous unsupportive family with this kind of surgery.........

anyone know about systems and family theories??? LOL. Micro, mezo and Macro systems...........Social work stuff for sure!! But here is the thing............if one person in a system (family friendships ect.) changes than the whole system HAS TO CHANGE or it will fall apart................one person can't change in a group without the group and all individuals in the group adjusting and changing......more times than not the group simple falls apart as one group member ourgrows the system.............and the person growing finds a new group or system that better fits their needs and that grows with them..........

Thus our support group...............we are the new system for alot of us........

Ok, ok enough social worker theories. This is not grad school!! LOL. :-P

Tamra this is normal get used to it and as you get stronger and stronger you will be able to walk away from it and remind yourself that your outgrowing your old support system............might be time to spend more time with other people that are growing with you and support you new goals in life..............

Edited by swrktp

Tamra! You must remove people like that from your life, and I don't mean maybe! You are giving her way too much power, take it back and get the *&$# away fro her until you have a better handle on what YOU need to do for YOU. Us girls were talking about this is the car on the way back to Vallejo yesterday - we have had to replace a lot of our friends - at least for a while - with our new support friends. Negative people keep us in the place that we are working so hard to get out of. Even if they are not trying to harm us,l they can and do because they don't want things to change.

I have WAY less extra skin than I thought I would. It does bother me, and I do want to have it removed if it's still an issue when I am done losing. But that's a long ways off! And who sees my extra skin? Who besides me even gives a crap? It's hidden under my clothes. Hey, if you don't like it, don't look at me!

Sorry for the scolding girl, but you need to take care of YOU right now, and let her take care of her own BS.

Tina! Yes you can walk 50 in a week - I just did 15 today, LOL too much for 1 day but whatever, I have a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks so I had to get on it!!

Ha! Tina you were posting when I was, same thing to Tamra but you are SO much nicer than I am! LOL. I have assumed the position on my bed with my laptop, I got in 2 meals today about 500 calories which is REALLY unusual for me on big exercise days!! I understand all the hype about the sweet spot now!! I am happy!!