Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Analynn :)

I would LOVEEE to do dancing that that!! I want to get my daughter into dancing also, she will be 3 next month. Hopefully she will listen better when I finally pay to do it!!

Jes congrads on the promotion!! whoo hoo!! mmmm fried banana LOL

Okay I am starving today!! I had coffee for Breakfast, then I just ate lunch @ 2 because I was so busy, but my tummy is GROWLING LOUD!!!!

Oh Pam, We will miss you indeed. Donna, i think there will be about seven or eight of us. Nicole, Tamra, Tina, Candra, Jes, Donna,Heather (are you coming?) Maria, Riley(possibly, I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)) and me of course lol.

Analynn nice to meet you. We are cool Divas over here! Hey joing us this weekend if you'd like and are able to. Like Donna said before we the "sisterhood of the traveling bands" we ought to write a book lol. :)

Welcome Analynn, nice to meet you. I think you'll find that after awhile these ladies make you real comfortable and they help you stay on track.

ok, now for me, my supervisor took me to lunch to Celebrate my promotion and you would have thought I weighed a buck'o five. We went to a Thai restaurant, I was doing good with the meal I had broccoli beef NO rice. Had a minor mishap with a glass of wine, celebration and all, but it all went to hell when I decided (after the bill came) that I had to have the fried banana and ice cream.

Tell me does this get better with the band? I know I’ll still have cravings and the ice cream will probably go down just fine but the fried banana? The band had got to say heck no to that. I know we are all kind of the same with these uncontrollable urges (well mind games) Does anybody ever really master it? Does it mean I have no will power?...Obvioussly the wine has me philosophizing. :)

Jes congratulations on your promotion! Girl enjoy yourself because this will all halt once you are banded. I don't eat ice cream much I love fried plantains same family with bananas and girl I haven't given up eating that yet, however I eat it in moderation. There somethings that they totally tell you not to eat after band but once you heal, you can eat almost anything in moderation and once every blue moon that's one of the reasons why I got the band versus GB. I need to take my own advice LOL. The good news is that my scale is happy again.

Here's the Menu for Saturday:

No appetizers (unless I find something that is worth it)

Main Course:

-Oven grilled either Tilapia or Mahi Mahi with sauce

-Grilled chicken Breast

-Sautee Bell Pepper assortment

-Mixed Salad

-Veggie Loaf (courteousy of Tina)

-I will make a small potato dish ( are you all ok with the potatoes as part of the menu?)

Dessert:

Fruits

Please confirm!

Edited by reggie71

That hoola hoop thing sounds fun let me know what one time classes cost..:)

How is everyone today?

Candra thanks for the info i need to get a new dr! FOR SURE!

Reggie we will all be there i hope you dont mind???? IS mike the only guy going im gonna tell him and that might change his mind on going, its just nice to drive an hour with company...

Gosh i would go back and read everyones again to respond to everyone but ive got a killer headache and still have bunco to go to.,. eh.:)

I dont know if I am making it 100% but I am gonna sure try!!!!

Heather OMG!! I feel the same! about "more to love" those two chicks that were left behind are pathetic. Always crying what the heck!

I'll be there Reggie!

Candra, (the cancer thing) That was totally one of my reasons I told the docs when I tried to get banded a few years ago. They still said NoWayJose. Screw 'em. Now I'll get my shiny new band with the cooles group of gals... and be fully supported! And I get to have surgery at a center of excelence! I feel so lucky!

I just realized I havent signed on since Tuesday. Well yesterday I went adn weighed in adn I was 1.5 pounds off, so Beverly told me I can't make the appt with Liz yet. This is frustrating becuase when I think I met goal damn kaiser scales say different. Man I worked my butay off today..and am comtemplating on joining curved but i dunno yet. I have a very nice stationary bike that I got from costco and it works me out. but I figure if I switch it up I wont get so bored. Wish me luck guys I need to lose those few STUBBORN pounds. hey I have a freind who siad is on a waiting list through Richmond to get the lap band?? is there a waiting list? I wasnt sure what she was talking about.

Here's the Menu for Saturday:

No appetizers (unless I find something that is worth it)

Main Course:

-Oven grilled either Tilapia or Mahi Mahi with sauce

-Grilled chicken Breast

-Sautee Bell Pepper assortment

-Mixed Salad

-Veggie Loaf (courteousy of Tina)

-I will make a small potato dish ( are you all ok with the potatoes as part of the menu?)

Dessert:

Fruits

Please confirm!

Reggie- Yummo lady! that all sounds so good. please PM with any misc items that you might need and maybe forgot to get if you dont mind I'll bring something just dont know what. but I know one thing I'll be bringing, my appetite with that menu :)

Oh Pam, We will miss you indeed. Donna, i think there will be about seven or eight of us. Nicole, Tamra, Tina, Candra, Jes, Donna,Heather (are you coming?) Maria, Riley(possibly, I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)) and me of course lol.

I'm coming Reggie!!! I miss my girls!!!

Nicole how tall are you? I think I remember you being taller than me but?? I'm old and my mind's not what it used to be!

I have my referral and will be going to the Lap Band Information class on Monday, Aug. 17th at the San Jose Kaiser. I'm not sure if this is the orientation or yet another step in the process, does anyone know if there's a difference between the orientation and the information class? I'm really excited to be starting this journey, and very glad to see this website. I've found so many posts that are really helpful, especially the posts about the Bay Area Kaiser program. I'm glad you're all here and I am looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

Hey Candra/Jes, maybe I can meet up with you girls in Vallejo & catch a ride to Sacto Saturday? What time u leavin?

I'm thinking I will treat my son & his girlfriend to Marine World, drop them off with some $ & pick them up "later" don't worry they are both in their 20s!