Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Jes I lost I think 6 or 7 between my CM appt. and my surgery date, part of that was the Milk of Magnesia, LOL!! I had been losing lots faster but I kind of got the "last supper" thing alternating with the "thin flat liver" thing. Liz will tell you at the pre-op class (YES THEY WEIGH YOU FOR IT) tp keep losing, every pound that you lose will make surgery easier. It's hard though! If it was easy none of us would need the damn band! But it's real important to have your liver as small as possible, so at the very least cut out ALL carbs for 3-4 days before surgery. IMHO of course I am just a patient and a mom not a medical pro :-O

I also lost a cousin to suicide almost 8 years ago........messed my aunt and his family up. They are finally getting back to being "normal".............caused a divorce and my other cousin who was 8 when it happened is messed up now from all of it............he jumped off a cliff and hen they found him the bears where still there, actually that is how they found him.........not a good situation at all!! He had a bit more than depression, he was also schizophrenic but he was only 23 so it was hard..........

Candra everyone is different. But yea most antidepressants are SR because that is what is preferred. You could find out by looking at the bottle or by going into your kaiser online record. If you have to change you have to take them more than once a day usually............

I had effexor SR and I know if I have to go back and get something it will have to be two to three pills a day and not one............i won't remember that!! The SR pills stay in your stomach awhile and last all day..........continous release. But that would kill your new pouch to much chemical reaction stuff ...the standard are absorbed immediately and don't stick around the stomach but you have to take them more.....

I seriously think Liz or Dr. Fischer would have caught it. But just be sure. I was still listed as RNY a couple weeks before surgery........LOL..........so you can never be too sure!!

Hello Ladies!

If you'd just take a peek at my ticker, you'll see I've lost a few more lbs. I'm so freakin' excited. I was on that plateau for about a month. A MONTH! Now I realize why people fail at diets. Plateaus are normal and they suck and it's really hard to eat right when you don't see the benefits at the scale.

I've decided that I'm going to take a picture at each weigh-in appt. My mom thinks I should bring my camera and ask the nurse to take the photo. I'm a little unsure. But the funny thing is I'm still in clothes I was wearing 50 lbs ago. Of course I fit in new things too and have a major case of diaper-bootie aka saggy-butt (especially in my size 26 shorts) but who cares! I don't! For the first time ever, I'm not shopping. I have clothes and even if they're a little big they'll manage for now. I'm also thinking of having some clothes altered so they'll last that much longer. Mostly work clothes. My office is pertty conservative, dress-code wise. We can't wear denim at all, and no "patch-pocket" pants. No capris either. All shoes must have a strap across the heel... anyway. I know the clothes I have work for work so I'll just make them smaller too! I'll be like that yoplait commercial "I need these taken in". lol.

Enough LBT for me tonight. I have my paper to finish (Who am I kidding, I have my paper to actually start then finish). It was technically due last Tuesday, but he gave us until Wednesday at noon to email it to him. Why can't I stop distracting myself and just write the dang thing? Ugh. Maybe that's another issue I'll find the answer to through the pre/post-op process. I can only hope.

who is the PA? Nobody told me about him. I guess that brings up my next question. I have to take off for the pre op appt. and then for the surgeon appt. Is there something else? I need to know how to plan this.

Jes usually you see the surgeon and the PA back to back!! The PA gives you the anti nasaeu medications and checks your hear BP that stuff.........

My surgeon appointment was 5 minutes or less. I just signed release forms. Dr. BAggs asked if I had questions I didn't cause I just came from Liz and pre op classes and they cover EVERyTHING!!

Oh another thing!! I bought baby spoons and forks. You can get them at target in about a 10 pack for 3 bucks. I LOVED/LOVE them after surgery makes you take small bits. I have not used a regular spoon/fork since. I LOVE my baby silverwear and it makes you eat slow and take tiny bites..........seriously love them.

I have some left over sippy and 2 ounce cups I can give you guys.

Congrads Heather!!!! That's awesome!! I am going to get weighed tomorrow after work, probably will weigh heavier...I need to stop being so down and keep trying!! if anything I am loosing inches, because my belt is getting looser and im going to 3 holes when it was 1....I need to go work out!!! I have YET to go to the gym, even tho I keep saying I will.....

My ex's step brother commited suicide less then a year ago. I had never met them because his dad and family live in Washington....horrible, his mom is still not healed...but It was her only son, I could see that...

Jess, you live in Hercules right? I work in Richmond. Do you wrk in the area too?

Man I cannot wait till I have a surgery date....

tamra, I live in El Sobrante and work in SF. You're doing good, I'm sure you are right behind us.

Do you have the link of what jobs your company was hiring again for?

Wow Chatty women!

I think im gonna miss some things but oh well:)

Tina I also took Effexor XR but only at 150mg so not a ton but more then my mom.. i was 16-19 when i took that, i went off it and immediately my depression got better. They were medicating me because my mom is Bipolar but nott he able to live kind shes teh been hospitalized 3 times kind.. So i think they put me on it to prevent?? I dont know. Post op i was also on welbutrin, and i liked that A LOT better. Because i had some really bad post partum..

Heather Congrats girle!!! You are doing amazing!

Candi nice seein ya!!!

Hmm not sure what else was said, im having memory loss issues lately lol.

So my menu:

B: Tea

L: 1.5 pizza 1 strawberry 300 cals

D: 5 small shrimp Lettuce, got a 1/2 ad salad ate half.. had some spinach dip though... and then oh gosh ur gonna shoot me, the MIL ordered desert so i had some, i didnt have half though, we all shared, and i just took bites and gave auds a spoon, so i didnt eat much but i made it look like iwas participating:D But still i ate enough so that i ...

Came home and walked 5 miles. lol. In 102 heat.. bla that wasnt nice.

Riley, do you remember when we were heavier where we lost double the calories!!!

OH well im blaming my sugar tooth on pms lol.

Oh yeah and Tamra we can do a play date on your time off.. just remind me when we get closer, my daughter needs friends:D

Oh, Crap - my pills say SR on them - I will have to change that prescription.

Hi Candi! Long time no hear from :w00t:

so, you think there's a link between being fat & depression LOL seems we've all been on some type of anti depressant at one time hahahaha

I think there is a HUGE link between weight and depression!!

Yea Candra better work on getting your presciption changed now so you won't have any down time post op.

Good think you noticed that!!

No classes post op just fills and meet with Robin.

so, you think there's a link between being fat & depression LOL seems we've all been on some type of anti depressant at one time hahahaha

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me laugh!!