Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Are you sure, tina? I was on a different medication before this one and I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks! So my Doc switched me to Wellbutrin because he said it has the opposite effect. That most people lose weight on wellbutrin. I will google the side effects and see if I can find a forum on it. I won't give it up either way though - I like not feeling like i want to cry all day LOL

I have a girlfriend that is a pharmacist so I will call her for the liquid tylenol - is there a difference between that and the liquid tylenol that kids take?

Damn cat won't stay off my keyboard - :unsure::tt2:

Tamra - i think it depends on the insurance carrier - they all have their own underwriting guidelines & rules. Kaiser doesn't seemt to mind - You are already in the program so it really doesn't matter now. They'd rather you get the help you need - trust me!

he has kaiser as well! I will see whats going on.

man I am already frusterated with myself...I am down 15 lbs and stopped. this always happens.

Hmm Candra..... they told me the same thing about the Effexor took. Effexor is actually a stimulant but somehow it works. I have a friend on well butrin that is gaining weight. I think maybe it is less chance of a weight gain but it is still an anti depressant.............

With me it I just felt bloated and slept to much after 3 years on them. I had to do something different but once the 50 pounds was on, it was on. I thought it would fall off once I stopped but it didn't!! LOL.

So two years later............lap band.

Hey fellow wacky girls, of COURSE we feel crazy! We are losing a bunch of fat, and where is estrogen, the crazy woman hormone, stored? In fat!!! So we lose the fat and the estrogen is running around our systems like CRAZY!!! Guess what you have to do to get it out? Drink a lot LOT of Water and exercise! Work it out, seriously. Best thing for depression! Swear. Trust me on this one :-)

Tina & Candra, I took Wellbutrin for years and it actually made me LOSE weight . . it was kind of speedy for me! Please note Candra or Tamra or whoever it was, if you are taking the SR type you will have to get that changed by your PCP to non-SR starting the day after surgery. And if you are already being treated for depression - which I assume you are if you are on Wellbutrin - they you are A-OK to go see someone! They just want to know that you are being treated, and do not have UNtreated depression. Cognitive therapy can only help. A huge percentage of bariatric surgery pateints either are or have been treated for depression, when I asked in the Santa Rosa class all hands but 1 went up. Very very common, so no worries! Call them tomorrow. We have counselor folks here @ the Santa Rosa facility that specialize in weight loss patients, you get assigned one based on your last name that's how popular they are! Check the health class schedule for your local Kaiser too, mine has therapy classes.

I want to emphasize that it is VERY IMPORTANT to have your after-surgery psychology care in place and working for you before you have the surgery. So many of my friends have suffered needlessly because they either avoided care - who can take another 2 hours a week off for visits when we are already taking all this other sick time for our appts.?? - did not seek care because they were afraid it would delay their surgery, or did not have non-SR versions of their meds so they stopped taking them. It is tragic! It only gets worse after surgery, every single person that I know that's had surgery goes through at least 1 bout with depression afterwards, myself included! Please don't put this off - and that goes for every person reading this post! Depression happens, the change is profound, it's great but it's still massive change, and change is stressful, so count on it! And add in the damn estrogen and it's a recipe for sob-city-mania! And add pending lay-offs, jeez it's a wonder any of us government workers are even sane enough to type . . .

OK I am off my rant. I lost my favorite cousin to depression - suicide - as a teenager so it's a soapbox thing for me. There is so much good help out there, just no reason for anyone to suffer through the mental crap that is coming. Just sayin' :unsure:

Edited by riley4183

SO - I can still eat at night. BOY can I eat at night! Like a cup and a half of spaghetti squash . . . after homemade cream of spinach Soup, no less! Did you know that cooked spinach has over 5 grams of Protein per cup?? Who knew! Man that stuff is good for you!

So here is the next thing that I have to get through my head: My band is not going to stop me at dinner. I will have to measure out 1/2 cup and stop myself :-( rats!

Paxil made me gain weight - like 20 lbs. in the first month! I got off that for other reasons that would be WAY TMI to go into here . . . . .

11 miles today girls, my counter says 1,062 calories burned today. That's more than I ate - I have to watch that or I will go back into starvation mode, that would SUCK . . . :-(

I can't eat very well at night either.............I made my daughter this taco sad and just took the soy meat and Beans and some cheese and got stuck..........lowfat refried beans that are soft. I am feeling sorry for myself cause I have this wonderul taco salad in front of me and I am about to give and get the protien shake out.

Riley I did Paxil for awhile too and gained weight on those but sure did feel good!! Worth the trade off for me I had no stress or worries....................nothing bothered me much.

Hmmm..........would be nice to go there again!! If I get another bout of the weepies this month with TOM I might go talk to someone. Last month the PMS was brutal I just wanted to curl up and sleep.............part of the reason I didn't want to stay for Robins group last month I was moping and wanted to just go home and sleep.........

I told Dr. Baggs I was going home to sleep and he looked at me like are you ok???? But I was honest!! But it was only9:45am...............

Candi your doing great!! Change your ticker girl cause you at 50 pounds lost now!!!!! Time to party!!

So glad your online!!

I'M SO CONFUSED NOW

Ok, so I've been on wellbutrin for about 8 months now. I haven't gained any weight on it nor have I lost - with the exception of these last few months. I don't know if it's an SR version or not - Heck I don't even know what you mean by SR. Liz looked at my medical record when i was there and said I was fine and Dr. Fisher didn't say anthing about it when i told him I was on well butrin. What do I do Riley?

I too lost my favorite cousin to depression - he shot himself in the head in his back yard while his mother and brother were in the house - CRAZY CRAP! He and I were only 4 months apart and our mothers were sisters so we grew up together - very close. SAD! I feel your pain and understand your rant which brings me to my next question:

What after surgery care? Is there another class I'm suppose to be taking UGH! I thought you guys were my after surgery care LOL

ok stop me now...I had 2 pc of toast with my salad tonight..argh!

I'm stopping now!

My question is how was your weight loss while you waited for surgery? I'm thinking i should just try to maintain until then. Maybe get used to the meal plan? Since I haven't really followed like I was supposed to.

No worries Candra! We are your care unless you need to see someone . . .well you do have to see your PCP at 10-12 weeks out, but that's it - that and the Robin/Liz/Dr. Baggs things (fills)

Look at the prescription bottle, if it says "SR" or "sustained release" then you need to get the plain kind (regular release) for after surgery - our pouches can't take the SR stuff. When you meet with Tom Greenwood (the PA) a few days before surgery and bring all of your meds, he will review and tell you if you need to change it.

You know Tina I was thinking, maybe I ate so much tonight because I burned off so much today . . . . Robin said exercise definately makes the body want to eat more even if we are not actually hungry, and that is exactly what was happening . . .still, I would like for my band to stop me at least a little! It does the rest of the day . . . .