Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamra are youok? We are all here for you call me if you need anything!

Thanks Nicole!! I am okay I just haven't felt that great since the weekend, I almost feel depressed?? I have been thinking about alot of things and making myself upset....My mom mentioned maybe seeing a counsler, but if I do that they have to clear me to have the surgery LOL...sheesh!!

When I messed up at work, it pushed me over the edge...then at lunch i went to squeeze my lemon on my salad...it went all over me...my friend started laughing and I started BALLING!! I think I am over stressed, and need a vacation from work and personal home issues too :smile2:

I have Sept 2-7th off, if anyone would like to hang out during the day or have a play date with the kiddies.

Also, I might miss Reggie's party, I forgot Brianna was invited to the Zoo this Saturday!! :unsure:

Tamra I am post op and the last month I cry at the drop of a hat. I also think it is stress and than all this TOM hormones. So I hear ya.

I did go to see a counselor with with my daughter and they ended up sending her out to talk to me cause everything was making me upset and weepy. But the thing is I really don't even know what is bothering me it is just a general depressed feeling.

Than all the sudden this week I am feeling great again. I think mine is a mix of TOM and way to much stress at work lately!!

So what is this thing that you have to have a counselor sign up for surgery?? I think if you need to see someone you should. Things get even more emotional and stired up after surgery. The surgery is just a step.

Wait until the first week after surgery when you mood is all over the places.........I was angry about not being abl to eat, than depressed than straight into several TOM's but all in one month!!

If you need to talk to someone do it cause than your ready for the roller coaster afterwards but I get bursting into tears over little stuff...............I was there last week.

The crazy thing is that the counselor asked me why the tears and I said I have no idea but that upset me more. I told her I think I am just all tired out from work and the last few months of WLS stuff...............

Do what you have to do to take care of you!!

you guys know I'm slow....what's TOM?

I don't think Liz meant anything too bad about what she said. She tried to qualify it by saying "well I don't know who all is in the group" At one point I told her that I thought liquid vitamins was what I was supposed to use and that I think I read it. So she may have been trying to steer my right :unsure: We did talk about how much support you all are to me and how stressed I've been hoping I would be at goal today. She said that's good you were here for me. I also told her that I've been to both the sac and richmond group meetings. She said that I need to tell you all that you have to come to the richmond one with me LOL. I felt good about the visit.

Alright Candra we have the pre op class together that's so cool!

Congratulations Heather!! Girl you are getting there keep it up.

I am very excited about this weekend, i'm still waiting for some menu suggestions. I know there some vegetarians among us. Please send me your suggestions. :unsure:

you guys know I'm slow....what's TOM?

Alright Candra we have the pre op class together that's so cool!

Jes TOM is Time Of the Month :-). So when is your surgery?

Reggie I may not be able to be there or only be there for part of it. I have something I have to be at for my daughter from 5-7.

I wasn't sure if you said 2:30 or 4:30?? I can't find the post. I was hoping for 2:30 but I sorta remember it as 4:30pm...........

So I might not be there so don't worry abou the vegetarian thing for me. I am good at finding things to eat even with meat around...............I grew up with a dad who ate meat so I know how to be creative!!

Can you remind me of the time??

Reggie I may not be able to be there or only be there for part of it. I have something I have to be at for my daughter from 5-7.

I wasn't sure if you said 2:30 or 4:30?? I can't find the post. I was hoping for 2:30 but I sorta remember it as 4:30pm...........

So I might not be there so don't worry abou the vegetarian thing for me. I am good at finding things to eat even with meat around...............I grew up with a dad who ate meat so I know how to be creative!!

Can you remind me of the time??

Tina, it's at 2:30p.m. I hope you can make it! :unsure:

Oh than I am there for sure this weekend!! I am so happy it is earlier than I thought..............

My daughter is trying to make plans for this weekend with friends so she may not be with me...................

I am lacto ova veggie so dairy is fine and i can always bring something veggie to add to the mix for use veggie people. A salad or some kinda of vegetarian meatloaf thing............

Let me know!!

Excited I can come!! Yahoo!!

Riley you coming to Reggies this weekend? You are the only other vegetarian that I know of!!

Ok making lentils and cottage cheese. Going to SF tomorrow and need to take my own food this time..........tried the resterant thing today but I really do better at home........I PB'd a salad..........and garden burger........I would rather eat my own food for awhile I KNOW what works no guessing and having problems.....

I am going to try and come Reggie, but I have no idea how long a cirus last...I mapped your address your an hr and a half away LOL...eeeeek!!

I want to attend the meetings @ Kaiser how often are they again?

Nicole, Sangria is like an upscale version of Jungle juice - made with wine. It's yummy and full of calories!

Tamra & Tina - ladies I use to cry at the drop of a dime but I chalk it up to fatigue and lack of quality of life. I started taking wellbutrin and i don't cry anymore.

Tamra, I clearly pointed out to liz that I was ok and not depressed when I had to tell her about the meds and she said it didn't matter. they operate on depressed people all the time LOL - so go see somebody if you need to. As long as you are clear that you are aware that this surgery doesn't fix your problems then you'll be clear for banding.

I am having a horrible day with food today - not my usual self! I havent had one of these I just gotta eat days since I started this crusade but today I feel like I just can't "put the fork down" as Robin would say LOL. I guess it's kind of a good thing because it has further cemented the fact deep within me that I NEED THIS BAND. for a minute there i got dilusional and figured if I'm losing the weight without the band I don't need it LMAO - I've been here before hahaha. OOh peanut patty blizzards at dairy queen - damn commercials! I'm due for my depo shot tomorrow and I always get like this right before - crampy and cravings kick in but I can usually ignore the cravings - not so much this time!

Jes, we need to get together and shop for this thing - I'm suddenlty at a loss as to what to get. Protein Shots - the clear ones from costco. broth, popsicles but I can't live on that forever! Ladies, we may need your shopping lists. We should definately get one together that Heather can post on our group site to make it easier for us newbies.

Ah, one thing I did purchase to prepare was 2 pairs of jeans in a size 14 LOL got them on ebay for 30 bucks for both pairs including shipping! a pair of sevens and a pair of american rags. It's fun to have something to work towards.

Candra I was also on antianxiety/depressant for about 3 years. Effexor. I stopped ah a couple of years back but it made me gain about 50 pounds in a year so I am afraid of that stuff. Also really hard to get off the withdrawl was miserable..........of course I stopped cold turkey even thought I knew better. I have done ok without it.

But I think the time I was taking it helped to fix the chemicals in my brain that made me so anxious. I am not opposed to taking them again if I need to but so far I am ok........

Candra if your on WEllbutrin that is part of the reason why you lose so slow!! That stuff makes you gain weight. Wellbutrin is notorious for that!! I might have solved your problem. I think it is a great thing and I wouldn't stop if it is helping you but that is a HUGE reason why you lose so slow!! Problem solved!! :-)

Groceries for after surgery:

liquid Tylenol for sure

SF popsicles were a lifesave the first two or three days

Soups (clear broth than creams)

Yogurt was a lifesaver (but stage 2 I think)

Jello was WONDERFUl in the beginning (went down easier than some things)

I bought applesauce and SF pudding to but they are all still sitting inthe self they didn't sound good at all and still don't.

The hot broths and soups were the BEST for me!! The hot felt good on my achy insides............and believe me you will be tight after surgery for awhile and won't get alot in before being really full!!

Excited for you guys!!! So close now!!

Liquid tylenol is not so easy to find start looking now. YOU WILL NEED THAT!!

I had protien shakes too but never touched them until I started to get fills...............

Just thinking ya know my fill now is the same as the first week after surgery.............OMG I just realized that I am back where I started before I went through Bandster Hell!! Yea!!

Thanks Candra! My friend who wants to start the surgery was told he has to be cleared because he was seeking counsling....I wasnt sure if it applied to me or not...maybe I will...I sorta think the surgery itself is causing alot of anxietys....:unsure: