Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok Proteins are going very slow today...........only a couple of bits at a time. I wait and if I get that feeling I stop and don't eat anymore............

yesterday might have been a bad day with carbs and maybe it just seemed easier.

Tried to eat a veggie burger thing..............only 4 bites and done. That stuff is really hard to get down and it fills ya up fast. I am not gonna resort to Soup today though. So it is protiens or nothing.................well ok I might get the protien shakes out later today if needed.

OMG!! The protien shakes. I drink them and they are a big no-no with Liz and Robin!! LOL. Forgot about that!!

Hey Pam you mentioned some protien shake from Sam's club with 30gm of protien? What are they called? I tried to find them. I would like to have some for the days I have to be on liquids. I have something with 10grams now but 30 will be better.................how do they taste?

Candra do you know? I though maybe your husband used them too??

WElcome Lori

Ok back out to run errands...........again!! So darn HOT out there today!!!

Tina, We are all out but as soon as I can I'll let you know what they are called. They are from costco and are in a red & whit box. I know they say Muscle on them LOL

Lori, how are you doing on the pre op diet - I sucked at it! Can't eat the carbs so Dr. Fisher said it was ok to cut them out - as soon as I did that the weight came right off - to a certain extent LOL

I'm not censoring anything, I am honest with Liz and Robin and I'm still a rockstar. And I'm vegetarian too so thats not it Tina!! I think Nicole was right, Liz was referring to others who have joined in with us on occasion but aren't part of our little superstar band - like folks who were at our fill but not willing to be in support groups, stuff like that.

Girls, I am full. Ahhhhhh. I had a small salad with 2 oz. of cheese and a few imitation bacon bits - calorie-free Walden Farms dressing, under 200 calories all together - and I am full. FULL! I only had berries for Breakfast and I was not even hungry when I ate the salad, I just did because it was time and I have a bunch of errands to run this afternoon, did not want to chace getting hungry while running around and ending up grabbing a less-healthy option. I am getting about 4 to 4.5 hours after a mini-meal before I get hungry again. And zero PB, zero stuck, zero slime, zero issues at all! THIS IS IT!!!! So happy :smile2:

Also very proud of myself today, I did 8.5 miles by 11:30 this morning! My day just goes so much better when I get my miles in :unsure: And now it sounds like Jes is gettin' hooked on walking too, yay! Jes they all think I'm crazy, tell them how great it feels!!!

Doin' errands - c u later!

Edited by riley4183

Is it muscle milk light? I love the stuff, it is the only one I can tolerate because they process the whey Protein differently . . .comes in chocolate and creamy vanilla, I get it at Longs because I don't have costco anymore :-(

I am with you on this one Tina.. well im with you on basically everything lol, but seriously...

What, do they want us to LIE??? If i was there I would ask also. I am sorry if we are posting on here they should be HAPPY!!!! They tell us all preop to find a group and stick with it. yadda yadda. Then she says something like that.. interesting. I could see if she said something like, "yeah some of the girls are good and stick with the group, but then there are some that waunder off so i dont know if they stick with it or not, or are doing their "own" thing..." Because i could see if she was talking about the ladies that used to talk with us daily who have now started doing their own thing...

But we are all honest, and I think that is what matters the most! I could tell you if i cant admit to my faults id hide them from everyone and myself..

Hey Ladies

Oh I figure Liz and who knows who else is reading this forum............we are all honest and that probably is what she was talking about. We mess up and have to start over the next day. But we are honest about it.

I am the vegetarian so I figured it was me and my not getting enough meat protien she was talking about. Ya know doing my own thing!! LOL.

Who know but I find that comment a bit rude to be honest? I would have asked her exactly what that meant if I was there. I woulda bugged me..................

I don't think however we should censor what we say we are all honest here................

I do know at orientation Robin and Liz did say not to believe everything you hear or read in books or online........they said some of what is out there is not true and or not good info..............

Oh, forgot to be honest! I didn't do so great this weekend - had some trail mix - just a handful (had nuts & raisins & dried cranberries) but not in my diet - had 2 triscuits with salami & cheese on them(CARBS!) an italain sausage! Afraid to step on the scale!

OMG - Nicole! I went to outback with my husband Friday night and really, really wanted the artichoke appitizer but had to pass! 928 cals for a flippin artichoke - grrr - you got me reading those damn rest. cal. thingys

I don't think that I should be doing this wedding thing! My dumb ass was drying to save $ on the engagement party since the actual wedding is a little over $16,000! So instead of a catered dinner I came up with Desserts & cocktails since my daughter is a pastry chef! I'm planning the damn menu and now I want cheesecake and tiramisu! Oh, and lets not forget the Sangria!

Hi again ladies, thanks so much for the info and welcome. Since I am just getting started I don't have anything to report but again wanted to say thanks and well keep on reading your great blog.

Hi talkers!! LOL

I am having a HORRIBLE DAY AT WORK. I messed up on things, I finally went to lunch, and cried...I don't know what's up with me.

I cannot remember who asked, but I don't meet with Baggs until 9/11 ! I am hoping to be down my weight by then.

Congrads JESS!!!!!!! YAY!!! all you September people!! whooo-hoooo let's hope I am an October one!!

What is a Sangria??

LOL dont you hate the restaurant calorie things!!! Atleast they let you know what you kind of are eating.... kind of... key word:D

What is sad is its all A LOT more calories then we ever thought. appetizers are the worst i think, and the burgers. LOL, a single burger at the restaurants are like 1300 calories!!!! When we can make it ourself for like 350 without bun 450-550 with. Crazy huh! I wonder what they inject into the patties!

I have a bunch of friends on my old mommy group, the one i was preggers with, and well, they all asked me how to loose weight (they all know about my surgery) so i told them what we do, and i was honest with them and said lately I haven't been as good as i used to be. But its kinda cool to be an inspiration to some people. But i have drilled to them that it is NOT EASIER! lol.

WOW, im drinking my Water right now and just got instant restriction, how in earth does that one happen.. and i had lunch the pizza:) 3 hrs ago now and i feel like i JUST ate it.. I better be careful with dinner...... I am such a chugger anyone else:(

i try to finish a bottle of water so fast! And i sure can...

You know what else is nuts, is Tom is trying REALLY hard to visit me. As most of u know i normally havent had a tom since i got pregnant 3 yrs ago.. the more and more i loose the closer and closer tom is gettin.... last month it was just the cramping like normal (get it once a month) and bloat.. now im cramping even worse:( Oh well i guess its what i get for being a female lol.

NOW, Mobi tv is pissing me off, how long does it take this guy to call. They asked him 5 or so times if he wanted the job and could handle it then they taketheir sweet a$$ time, i cant wait to relieve all this stress:D:)

oh and Candra I am down 16 not 18...I wish...LOL and I wont change my ticker because I don't trust my scale!!! I am going to Kaiser tomorrow after work to weigh in....bringing my sundress to work with me....I will go off theirs....