Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Morning Ladies!

Yes heather you are right, I did feel AWFUL about having my 1/2 slice of pie, and before i probably would have finished it off and tried one of the other delicious pies they offer. What is good about yesterday is i didn't gain anything so that makes me happy.

Lori! Welcome to the group!!! We are a great one to join! WE want to all make it to the finish of our goal and as long as you come here you most likely will:) We keep on each other :thumbup: Its not a bad thing though:) Also we do meet in person... Dr Park, i believe Reggie on here has had her, so when you see her post ask her about dr park.. i believe thats who she had. MOST of us on here had Dr Baggs, so there is quite a bit of fans of him on here, dont take that the wrong way, All the surgeons are great:)

Ok about the schedule:

I had Orientation -> PSych -> Sugeon (was already at goal) -> Liz -> Prsurgery appts with Baggs and the nurse -> Surgery... In the last 4 weeks i did have to go get a blood pregnancy test and regular blood tests, and 2 ekgs.. my ekgs are not normal so they wanted to make sure it always stayed the same:D

I started on my Birthday, November 4th, and I became a Bandster on 3/31. I met with Dr baggs in december, on new years eve (yeah they work crazy days) and met with liz 3 weeks later, she was on a vacation so it got pushed out. i could have had surgery in february like the second week area, but i had a convention 4 weeks later and i didnt feel i would have made it with all the yummy foods there:D So you can be done with the process in 2 months or 1 yr, it is all up to you:)

Tamra dont you see dr baggs this week???

Tina: i agree im ready for a fill also. Isnt it weired how we loose restriction!!! I dont like it at all!!!

OK im going to plan our petaluma walk once and for all and the salsa dancing!

So I need a vote,

Petaluma walk I need to know who wants to go, and what day is better for you a Weekday or Sat or Sun.

Salsa: I need to know if it is just Candra and i, or if some of you other beauties are gonna shake your butay with us :wub: If so please let me know and also if weeknights are ok (we found a place that is cheap during the week:)

We need to get our activites planned so we can do them!

And Ill walk the bridge when are we doing that tina and riley!?!

Anyone seen Candra lately?

Hey ladies, I just wanted to let you all know...drum roll please....surgery 9/16 yippie:lol:

ok so I have a conf call for work in 10 min, after I'll give you all the details.

WOOOO HOOO JESS!!!

How exciting! Is that the same day as candra??? I cant remember?!?!

YAY Jes!!! Woot, woot! How exciting for you!!!! Was Liz wonderful or no, how did the "test" go???

Oh and Lori,

No i do not wish i had done RNY. I would do my band AALLLL OVER AGAIN:D

With the band i get the constant check up with the surgeon, rny doesnt get that...

I choose rny because i didnt want to be disected, and I would rather have to work to loose the weight rather then be malnourished to loose it.. Less complications, and safer in my eyes:D

Welcome Lori!

Dr. Park is a great choice, she is very kind and uber-competent! You will love her. Jes and Reggie both have her, and most of my friends in the Santa Rosa group had her too, both RNY and lap-band. She is a little more conservative on giving you fills, but talk to her about that when you meet. I think she's great!

The steps: Intro class; orientation; meet with surgeon & get surgery goal weight; get to surgery goal weight & weigh in at Kaiser to prove it; meet with phychologist; meet with case manager (Liz - we LOVE her!) and get surgery date from her (mine was less than 4 weeks out); attend pre-op classes (2 in same day); meet with anesthesiologist (sometimes same day as surgery, sometimes before); surgery! Then the diet stages; they are in your binder.< /p>

I have never, EVER regretted my decision to have the lap-band. I did not want RNY, period, and no one ever tried to force it on me. I have lost weight at the same pace as my RNY friends (a little more than 10 lbs. a month) and have zero complaints. with the new advanced placement technique, the weight loss stats are almost the same as for RNY and I think the long-term is going to be even better because bandsters don't tend to gain back like RNYs do. That's the bottom line for me!

Welcome, stick with us and you will power on through the process too! We are the lap-band rockstars of Richmond Kaiser :-)

ok it was a quick call....we are hiring someone to work in our office who was last on my list of choices but I was overruled, oh well I'll deal with it.

Liz was great. I told her that I hang out online with my lapband buddies and she was like "oh some of those ladies really know their stuff but some of them I don't know what they are doing. They are just doing their own thing" ?? I wasn't sure what that meant. So I have my pre op classes on 9/3, Candra when is yours? I have my appt with Dr Park and to do my pre op labs. Don't need to worry about the preggers test, I've had the snip snip. I think I missed about 3 of the questions in the book, Liz was cool, we just went over them. I think she was more interested in my job and what I do. I'm so excited the scale was kind to me too 187 lbs. Liz asked me where my Water was I told her I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since yesterday, she just looked at me in disgust. :thumbup: to Celebrate on my way home I stopped ad got a skinny latte. Any other time I would have stopped at a burrito shop....on my way!

So glad you had a good meeting! Next time we have a group fill we will have to ask what liz meant by that. That is weired. Because at our last group fill that she was actually at she said we were the rockstars, and told everyone there to join us.. so maybe she means people that aren't in our group???

I am so glad you did well! This month is going to FLY!!!:thumbup:

Oh my gosh! I just made a home made pizza for lunch with the whole wheat Wild Tree pizza crust... well, first off from the point of saying to myself lets make a pizza to the finished product it took 30 min!!! In that time i had to knead the dough, cut the vegies and then let the dough rise 10 min!!! and bake 12!

I had cheese, some left over turkey meat from tacos the other night, mushrooms, cucumbers and tomatoes! SOOO yummy! And only 150 cals per slice if that i rounded up:) i had 1.5 slices:) they are square lol, from my cookie sheet:D But still sooo good and soo much left over! The hubs and baby approved!

Im thinking of joiningwild tree.. if not for the biz for the discount, ive realized i cook with wild tree daily! :thumbup:

Hows everyones day goin?

WOW - lots of catchin up to do! Sorry I've been MIA but it seems my work is never done! I have a friend who's getting married and I have been chosen as the matron of honor - not an easy task for this gal - she is OPD and wants a "police" themed wedding - WTF? Been planning and making invites for the engagement party blah blah blah!

CONGRATULATIONS: Riley, size 12! Nicole, size 8/10, Heather 50 flippin 3lbs! Jes - surgery 9/16, Tamra 18lbs down!

Tamra, change that ticker girl! See, it goes fast doesn't it? I eat steak - sirloin - it's Protein girly! A few of these ladies are vegetarians! I do measure though!

Chris - so sorry bout the PB incident. Guess you are no longer a "virgin" in that area LOL.

Maria - don't trip - all their scales are different! Now you know you have a 4lb curve to work with - You know what that means - next time you have to go al fresco!

Heather, you and your 20's are like me and my 16's LOL You will be back in that dress by the end of the month at your rate! You go hot mama!

Nicole - I want you to move hahaha. Sucks about the pay rate they want to give but if all else fails he can take the job for now and keep looking - as you know, there isn't much out there right now!

Reggie, nice compliments to the newbies but they really belong to you novices that guide us in the right direction and keep us on track! Got two pairs of jeans for you girl!

LORI - WELCOME! STICK WITH THESE LADIES - THEY ROCK!

Riley, I can't believe you said "butt hurt" my niece says that all the time - cracks me up!

Jes - my class is on the 3rd too! lets carpool - I can pick you up if you want!

CANDRA hi! :wub:

Girl im an 8/9/10/12 depending on the pants, material, brand you know:D Im no 8/10 in everything... What is funny which im sure a lot of us are noticing is when i was a 22 it was easy to go shopping i KNEW exactly my size right away! Now i have to try things on to make sure its the right fit:D

Oh and i cant wait to hear what they offer.. i hate the waiting game, realllly do..:thumbup:

Hey Ladies

Oh I figure Liz and who knows who else is reading this forum............we are all honest and that probably is what she was talking about. We mess up and have to start over the next day. But we are honest about it.

I am the vegetarian so I figured it was me and my not getting enough meat protien she was talking about. Ya know doing my own thing!! LOL.

Who know but I find that comment a bit rude to be honest? I would have asked her exactly what that meant if I was there. I woulda bugged me..................

I don't think however we should censor what we say we are all honest here................

I do know at orientation Robin and Liz did say not to believe everything you hear or read in books or online........they said some of what is out there is not true and or not good info..............

Awsome Point, Tina!

WE ARE ALL HONEST ON HERE, TO EACH OTHER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, TO OURSELVES!

I think that if we aren't honest then we aren't accountable and we all need to be realistic about what we can, can't, are willing and not willing to give up!