Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh Tina no I am only at 5.0 ccs, he said after he did my fill that he had pulled it all out first and I have 5 in there now. I guess everybody is different! I am glad he only gives me .5 at a time, but I wish he would do it every 4 weeks instead of 6 because I lose it all in the first few weeks then start gaining it back or at least stop losing it. But I guess this far out I should not be losing any faster than I am, I am still at almost 2 lbs. a week average and I only have 30 left to lose . . . . unless I change my goal! I will talk to him about that when I go in September I guess . . . he does not seem to be in any hurry for me to slow down, in fact he says it's good that I am trying to keep up with my RNY friends - and I am still losing faster than 1 of them, the same as 1 of them, and slower than 1 of them - so on average I have the same rate of loss that they do :-)

My restriction kicked in right away this time!! No delay.

Y0u know I only eat a few bites too than i am done. And I am not hungry so it works out. Just that if feels really wrong to not be able to eat much. YOu look at the plate and wonder if it is really enough!!

Oh, me, me, me.............pick me, pick me!!! I SO WANT to walk the Golden Gate Bridge. Don't know much about angel island but heard it was really fun.

IN fact I am off this week and Michaela and I are going to ride the Ferry over to San Fransico and wonder around pier 39 and maybe North Beach for the day!! I think we go by angel island...................

I can't do anything next weekend. Michaela starts High School on Monday and we have a busy weekend. I am gonna try to go to REggies if I can get someone to pick up my daughter from her party Saturday night........but other than that I have set time aside for her.

My daughter feels like I have been so focused on the WLS and my stuff she hasn't gotten enough time this summer. I am trying to change that this week and when school starts..............trying to balance my activities with hers so I won't have as much time once school starts!! I feel bad the last six months has been so much about me and losing weight she got lost in the shuffle.............anyone else have that problem with thier kids???

Edited by swrktp

ok back from my walk I think I've really got this down, even like it. I've been walking the carquinez bridge about (3miles) I totally love it. GG bridge is fun, I've never walked around Angel island but biked it a couple times. I'm up for any walks :) The 16th may not be a good day for me since I'm driving up to Reggie's Sat. I try to stick around home at least one of the weekend days t give hubby some time.

I'm taking the whole day off tomorrow to go to Liz...I'm guessing I'll be home before lunchtime. It's supposed to be hot tomorrow so I won't look like an idiot when I show up damn near naked.:cool:

Riley, I love Operation Beautiful! How cool. I've got some post-its here. I like the idea about sticking one in a library book. I have 3 WLS/diet books from the library right now. Each book gets a post-it!

I'd love to walk the Golden Gate! And Angel Island! I'm up for our active get-togethers! I saw a segment on the news a few weeks back. Sky Zone : Open Jump

It is the coolest thing... It's a warehouse that's wall-to-wall trampolines! It's $9 per hour and you have to wear their special shoes (rented for $2). Anyone else interested in this?

Tina I know how you feel time goes by so quick and kids grow up so fast....high school is the age when they sorta don't want to be bothered with you but come college time they start coming around. One of my son's went to Kansas last week and the other two will be gone in the next week or so. I miss all the quality time we used to spend together.

oh I forgot to mention I stopped at Jamba on the way home they have a jamba light 180 cals made w/ splenda. It's yummy....but I'm probably the only person who didn't know this.

Hi ladies,

Riley i like the sound of your restriction, i could use that..:) Ive loosened up since i gave my pouch a 1/2 day of rest:) I would like the restriction that makes it where i cant eat much, but no pbing... so fine line. Right now id say i can eat a 1/2-1 c of food and be full for about 4-6 hrs. Depending on the food item.. and my Water intake.

I could eat more then one shrimp though for sure......:cool:

So ill walk the bridge the prob is i need to already be in the area. Hopefully we will be moving to the area next week, ill know more tomorrow:D

Oh I want a jamba light!! What is it!!

My daughter is nervous about high school and wants to be around me right now. That might change in a couple of months when she sees she does fit in!!

Oh Heather I heard about sky jump!! Hmm I might take my daughter to try it this week!! If I do I will let you know how it goes.............

Oh Jes I am so excited for you!! Tomorrow you will have a surgery date!! Don't freak when you get it like I did, LOL :cool:

Tina I just found that if I wait 1/2 hour I can eat again, and my pouch gets full again! Yikes, I could totally eat around this thing. And already I am just wanting to drink my diet soy milk instead of eating, so much easier! It seems such a waste to cook food and then only get to eat 4 bites of it!! I am going to get more of those little 1/2 cup containers and when I cook for the week today I will just put the food in those again, like I did after surgery.

SO - who needs a fancy black dress?? It says size 16 but is more like a 14, it is 2 pieces kind of a lined crepe with a subtle but sequined scroll pattern on the bodice and the lower front of the skirt, really really cute cap sleeves and a low-cut cowl back. It has been hanging in my closet because I did not think I could EVER get it on, suddenly it's a little too big! Actually the top still pretty much fits but the skirt is just plain too big. Who's gonna be a 14/16 at Christmas-party season, or have another formal affair to go to?? I want someone I know to have it not some stranger!!

Oh and the skirt is long (lower calf or ankle) but can be rolled up to be shorter or better accommodate hips!

Nicole I don't want you to move, but I know you need to if the job comes through.

Ok five bites of Macroni and cheese and done. Yea I stopped in time this time so no PB'ing..............I can fill it in there but not gonna PB this time. ANd surprize Pasta actually worked this time...................

Yea going to the BAy area is hard for me on weekend since my daughter has so much going on on weekends right now...........but if I planned ahead.............MIchaela would like the golden gate and angel island and if we bring a friend for her.............bingo that solve alot of problems for both of us!!

Yea Riley you can eat around the band!!! LOL. I know some days I get so fed up with not getting or keeping anything down I eat a slider........ice cream, or soups........I am trying harder this week. Just I am afraid now of getting stuck and darn it hurts so it is easier sometimes to eat something I know won't hurt........

CHEATING THE BAND!! Bad news!! I wish I didn't know it was possible.........

I am going back to calorie count this week. I stopped since I wasn't getting much down. I was figuring in my head but I think I will do better if I know the numbers per day good or bad. I just don't want to think I can eat more when the count is as low as it has been.

Aunt Flo arrived and I am up three pounds today. Alwyas happens this way than the day after I drop it. Just glad it is this week and not the week of the fill.

I am still serious thinking about cancelling my next fill but I want to see how much I loosen up this week. I am gonna be tight this with with my visitor here. So I might lose this week like crazy..............I don't want to get stuck witn no appointment for two months if I suddenly need one..........

But as of today. I DON"T want and cc of anything in my band!!

What I was going to say about my kids not getting enough attention because it's all about ME is, they are used to it! LOL. The middle one (Daniel) has been my main support person and spends a lot more time with me than he did before, so he's not feeling gypped at all. The younger one though (Austin) is pretty butt-hurt. The thing is though, he just wants me to be around, he does not want to talk or do anything with me, he just wants to play his computer games and have me available to cater to him if he gets a whim and wants fast food or something. He seriously stays in his room until 5 minutes before he has to be at work then he runs through the house looking for clean clothes and wanting a ride! And yet he makes all kinds of butt-hurt comments about how I am never around and always out "walking" (he does quotes, like he does not believe that's really what I am doing when I go out every day), he has even said that his brother is more of a mother to him than I am but I think he just said that to hurt my feelings! Teenagers, gotta love them. So yes I have that with one of my boys, but the other one I think we have gotten closer through this because he is so involved. He walks with me several times a day, goes out with me to friends, he is kind of a food police nag but I need that! We talk a LOT and I feel like I have gotten to know him better in the last 6 months. Part of that is just him growing up and being interested in something besides himself!

Jamba light?! Oh Jes thanks for that, I had no idea! I can get that down for sure! I get Jamba cards from work, they give them out as employee incentives or rewards ir something there is o ly $5 on them, but I have always given them away because I can't have all that sugar & carbs. Now I want one! Probably will disconinue the program, so I guess I'll just have to break out the $4 at the mall today!

YAY Heather, leave those notes in library books! That's SO cool :cool: I love that you are doing it!!!

OK putting some real clothes on and going to the mall! Type 2 yall later :cool:

I would only be moving to probably vallejo area, its cheaper so only like 1hr away.. mike makes it in 45 min... doubt i can do it that fast:D But you never know whats going to happen, hes got intel talking to him again too but they said 17.00 so we will see that has no benifits:(