Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

What kind of water bottle do you have? I was looking a the camelbak but it has some type of sippy thing and I know we are not supposed to use straws. Does that count? What about the Klean Kanteen? has anyone tried theose?

Good Morning ladies- Jes Wow you are getting banded very soon I am sure. You meet with Liz to get that date on Monday, right?

I was bad for last night we went out for pizza. I had 2 slices of veggie and 2 glasses of beer (blue moon) I am regretting it today. My stomach feels sour. I told my husband I can tbe doing that anymore. I eas doing so good. Maaaan! I am so mad at myself I need to work on that will-power Today and the rest of the week will be Water water water and more water. I'm off to walk my dogs. WISH ME LUCK TODAY!!

Reggie- your party is next week sorry I got it mixed up. Are you also going to the meeting at kaiser the following weekend?

Maria dont worry! it happens!! i had chips and salsa last night...just remember today is a new day!!

Where is everyone ;(

I am here!! :-)

Busy day I guess.

Hey Jes I don't think a sippy straw thing would work. My daughter has a camelback and that thing would fill you with air and it would hurt!! I had another watercup with from ca camel back with a really cool sipper but I ended up giving it to my daughter............

we just made that spaghetti squash tonight. My daughter darn near ate the WHOLE squash!! She loves that stuff. I am try this tofu protien thing............good thing cause not much left!! I left to take a shower and th bowl is all but empty when I got back!!

B: none (water)

L: brocolli Soup and salad

D: protien tofu stuff and green Beans (wish me luck keeping it down but gotta up my protiens this week!! )

question: on the 1200 cal diet, how many of you actually measured EVERY TIME?? I admit even tho I am lossing im not....I am starting to monday tho, its hard to measure 1 cup of lettace...LOL

ok well that protien tofu thing is a no go..............too something it hurts after two bites so I hate to say it but back to Soups tonight. Darn protien always gives me problems!!

Lettuce?? They say it condences down to way less than what you measure. I have always (until the last fill anyway) been able to eat more than a cup of lettuce. I don't measure it cause I think there is a trick to it!!

Okay good! I measure my Breakfast cottage cheese but at lunch I just fill my bowl with lettace, and i do eat 5 oz cans of tuna instead of 3....I wonder how much it's effecting me, even tho I lost?

I have to admit im REALLY bad at measuring, so i told the hubs we are eating at home for a while. With all the interviews and traveling we havent been eating here much... So im starting again:) And im working on my Water intake again..:lol:

My Menu:

B: 1 egg, 1/4 cup potatoes

L: Tortilla, 2 pieces meat, 2 pieces Tomato yummmm

D: 1 Taco (HomeMade)

E: 1.5 mile

Today i went to the inlaws to play with cricut, i really do love that lil machine:D Got to leave auds with daddy that was nice.

Mike and i went shopping, has anyone noticed we no longer shop down the isles?? MAINLY just the outside rim. I thought htat was a wake up call...

So how is everyone doing? Im looking forward to next weekend:D

hello-

I'm not as strick with the measuring. I do have those little 1/2 cups to put my Protein in. My salads i don't measure.

I just got done doing the questions from the binder. there are a few thing in there I still need to work on. So this nest week there will be no snacking for me!

Tamra, I measure stuff. I do not measure lettuce. It's not like it's going to make a difference if it's 1 cup or 1 1/2. It's LETTUCE! I do weigh my Protein. I find its easy to get a 1 oz cheese stick and know that its already measured. I also know that 1 medium zuchinni is about 1 cup. I measured once and haven't since. I don't really measure my veggies, because they're so low-cal. I count my grapes (17) and cherries (12) and in the early days, I did the half banana. I'm just done with that. My grandma used to cut bananas in half, and eat the bottom half, she'd leave the rest sitting there attached to the bunch. Who's gonna eat that? What is it with old people and half-fruit? She did it once with a nectarine too. Sliced a few bits off and then left the rest there. lol.

Back to the topic... I measure the things that will come back to bite me. I have to measure cheese since I love me some cheese. I measure meats and fruits, and dairy. And when I have crackers, I have exactly 5. (And yes, I bought the big crackers just because of this)

Anyone's feelings start to change about other large people? I'm starting to see people and think "Oh honey... get a handle on that!" Which is wierd, since I'm no skinny-mini myself! What is that?! I have a friend who also wanted the band but got discouraged after orientation. Now, it's like the healthy eating and exercise aren't priorities anymore. I have to remind myself that each person has to do this at their own pace and be 100% ready for it. It's just funny how my head is already changing.

Oh, and I fit into my old 20P jeans from Avenue today! They're still a little tight to wear in public, but it's good times! For anyone not aware of Avenue's denim-lite, they run large and have a good amount of lycra in them. I'm not in a real 20 yet.

Oooh, I did however try on my (mini)goal dress (size 18/20)! I have this super-cute green dress that I got back when I was 17 and had first met my bf. I bought it for his graduation (I went with the band) because I wanted to impress him. Well, I love that dang dress and I want to be able to wear it when we go to Hawaii this Dec. I can get it on my body (which is a start!). My 'girls' are totally smashed in, and it's quite clingy around the tummy. But I can almost picture myself wearing it again. Love that!

Anyone else not able to post all night?? This is the first I have been able to post...........

Still debating about a fill? Been reading over in the fills section and I can't figure out if I am too tight or not. Seems like a toss up of what is ok and what isn't........

Aunt Flo is coming for a house visit soon. Usually that tightens my band up really good. I will see how it goes I just hope I don't suddenly get way to much restriction all of a sudden...........

I woke up last night thirsty. Didn't get all my Water yesterday.........and after laying down all night I drank to fast and felt sick. Kept it down but for awhile I was not sure.

I do think that if I take really tiny bites and chew really well............and eat really slow than things go down alot better. ALOT BETTER. So I think maybe what I think is to tight might be me not following the rules exactly.

Good morning girls,

Well I finally got to start eating again! 4:30 yesterday on the DOT I was not waiting a second longer! I was at a party and ate party food ans had zero problems. No issues at all, I am still not feeling ANY restriction. Bot being on Clear Liquids for 2 days sure does drop a couple of pounds tho! I am so close to 100 lbs. I can just taste it . . . .

Tine if you are not sure you need a fill, you probably don't need one! I think you are at your sweet spot! You can always email him if you suddenly lose restriction again and he'll get you in @ Richmond. I bet you are good until the September Pinole appt.

Tamra, I measure stuff. I do not measure lettuce. It's not like it's going to make a difference if it's 1 cup or 1 1/2. It's LETTUCE! I do weigh my Protein. I find its easy to get a 1 oz cheese stick and know that its already measured. I also know that 1 medium zuchinni is about 1 cup. I measured once and haven't since. I don't really measure my veggies, because they're so low-cal. I count my grapes (17) and cherries (12) and in the early days, I did the half banana. I'm just done with that. My grandma used to cut bananas in half, and eat the bottom half, she'd leave the rest sitting there attached to the bunch. Who's gonna eat that? What is it with old people and half-fruit? She did it once with a nectarine too. Sliced a few bits off and then left the rest there. lol.

Back to the topic... I measure the things that will come back to bite me. I have to measure cheese since I love me some cheese. I measure meats and fruits, and dairy. And when I have crackers, I have exactly 5. (And yes, I bought the big crackers just because of this)

Anyone's feelings start to change about other large people? I'm starting to see people and think "Oh honey... get a handle on that!" Which is wierd, since I'm no skinny-mini myself! What is that?! I have a friend who also wanted the band but got discouraged after orientation. Now, it's like the healthy eating and exercise aren't priorities anymore. I have to remind myself that each person has to do this at their own pace and be 100% ready for it. It's just funny how my head is already changing.

Oh, and I fit into my old 20P jeans from Avenue today! They're still a little tight to wear in public, but it's good times! For anyone not aware of Avenue's denim-lite, they run large and have a good amount of lycra in them. I'm not in a real 20 yet.

Oooh, I did however try on my (mini)goal dress (size 18/20)! I have this super-cute green dress that I got back when I was 17 and had first met my bf. I bought it for his graduation (I went with the band) because I wanted to impress him. Well, I love that dang dress and I want to be able to wear it when we go to Hawaii this Dec. I can get it on my body (which is a start!). My 'girls' are totally smashed in, and it's quite clingy around the tummy. But I can almost picture myself wearing it again. Love that!

:lol: Congrads on finding a new mini goal dress! yay! whats funny is I own size 20 Talls from AVENUE and they fit, when I am no where a 20, they are superrrr stretchy!!

I stopped weighing my meat this week. I think starting back tomorrow I will begain again. Its good to know im not the only one not getting 1 cup of lettace. the first week I was using a 1 cup measuring, but I was so hungry!! I started slowly eatting some more. I never thought of it, but I have a whole bag of un eatten string cheese! maybe I should add that to my lunches since I am usually still hungry.

About your feelings towards other big people, honestly even tho I hae always been big, I look at others and think danggggggg!!!! :blink:

Does anyone ever feel like others are trying to NOT help you?? Every sunday my ex's grandma and uncle come to visit Brianna and my ex (Gabe) is like "We are all going to I hop Sunday". I am like hello I cant go there??? it's just simple things like that people!!

Dudette Tamra, I TOTALLY go to iHop! There is one a mile away from me and my boys love to go. You can get eggs (or eggbeaters) or an omlette, ask for the potatoes on a separate plate and give them away at your table! I never did like pancakes so iHop goodies don't really tempt me - except the crepes, those tempt me! But the good feeling of sitting there smiling, after I have eaten only what's on my diet, drinking my Decaf and watching my hoover boys polish off everything is SO much better than eating Syrup :-)