Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

For the first time Candra, really?? You were one of us months ago!! But I know exactly what you mean - I can't believe the poor people that have to get banded and go through everything without the kind of support that we enjoy -no make that, that we depend on!

Pam - TOO funny, the stirrup doctor ! Gotta tell ya tho, the visual is a little disturbing, LOL! I hope the bear hugs come after the stirrups!!

I ate more today than I have since I started this process - and my son still stopped me twice. Once when I wanted to buy "him" a brownie at starbucks, so I could have "just a bite" - he's like, NO. NO BROWNIE. DOWN MOTHER. I should have walked/jogged more today (only 7.5 miles) but I had to dye my hair roots and wax my lip and shave my legs and, you know, be a girl! Being single I put that stuff off for too long sometimes.

My PCP told me no jogging too, he said people of "our age" need less impact. They say that power-walking burns just as many calories and is 90x easier on feet legs and joints. I really only jog (and I didn't start until I was under 220) to to get my miles in faster! I can definately work up a sweat (but not nearly as high a heart rate) power-walking and pumping my arms good. If you can walk a 15-minute mile you are getting the best lo-impact aerobic exercise you can get without being on a gym machine. My PCP recommends a spin class - YUCKO! Although if I lived closer and we all could be in the same class, that would be a blast!! But I still need my morning walk . . . I'm hooked . . . . ~sigh~

Edited by riley4183

Oh no u didn't Riley, the visual, lololol. A doc I used to go to had large comics on the ceiling, and he was a funny guy too.

Go Candra, Go Candra, get your band on, on yo Bday!

Hi ya ladies, ckin in a lil late, had some time with my guyz, dinner and chattin bout things. Then I had to catch up 3 pges! Whew! Maybe we should ask for a special place to sum up each page at the bottom lolol.

Don't think I can do lunch tomorrow, am doing a special time with young ladies in the youth group, Friday, so have to clean house and prep tomorrow. I am sorry. Heather wanna come to Roseville/Rocklin, early afternoon? hehehe, I miss you! Candra, can I have a pair of 16 jeans for just a lil while??? Not many are my height, I promise to 'pay' AND pass them forward, our traveling pants!

Reggie, next weekend sounds great! Fri or Sat? Heather, Pam and all, can we do together next weekend then?

Also, the Sac Support Group is the 22nd of August, don't know if I could do the 29th, would be 3 weekends away, might have a meeting that morning also. But would like to!

Edited by roseyyyd1

Reggie next weekend I have my 14 year old daughter. I could come but not sure about her.............I could try to find a friend for her ...........will there be other kids there?

Tina you can bring her my 11 year old daughter will be here, they can play with the WII and do whatever kids do these days lol.

Next weekend sounds good! Since I had to miss the last Kaiser meeting, I've missed you all!

I think I've broken the plateau. I upped my Water significantly. Something about reading Carnie Wilson's book where she talks about "peeing out fat" had me cracking up but reminded me I need to drink that water!

Yeahhh Heather, break it babee! And thank you for the reminder, funny how my back will stiffen up, I drink Water and voila! It just says, lube the joints darlin, lol! Next weekend will be coool!

Hi hun, i hate to say this but it does sound like you are doing 2 sets of labs.. I didnt have to do 2. I did just the one set for surgery 4 weeks prior. The prego test though i had to do within 1 week.. i remember i did it when i got back from vegas surgery was 5 days later:D And it is a BLOOD prego test.. lol no fun:)

BUT onto good news, THAT IS SOO EXCITING IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! SURGERY IS SOOOOOOO SOON!

Listening to it now!!!! I see i will need to listen again right before i go to bed.

The Sac group is the 4th Saturday - I think it's the 22nd this month so either Saturday works for me!

Yeah, heather - don't do the program if you have bad knees!

thanks Pam! Kinda hard to be flirty when your legs are in the stirrups - LOL

Thanks Maria! I think it just depends on your doctor - Liz said it doesn't matter that my first set of labs will be over 30 days but the next set and pregnancy test need to be timed - Pregnancy test two weeks prior and labs within 30 days! I had done my initial labs before i met with liz because Dr. fisher ordered them first. She said this is a competely different set.

Jeez talk about Catch up!!!

So, what all did i read lol, i forget:D Something about Stirrups, eh.. :ohmy: and Dr Baggs..:) Someone is at goal and im such a bad friend on remembering who, but, like i told candra... Go weigh in, then call the girls!!!!:) They will set ya up with liz!!!:w00t:

Candra, the nurse appt is to make sure you are basically alive and ok, it was REALLY pointless.... i think like 5 min. My nurse appt though was all messed up with a non bariatric nurse, so i didnt get the nausea med.. but then u see ur surgeon again, and they touch ur tummy ask any last second questions then off u go. Its really a way for them to get more $$$ i think...... Im still way excited you got a date!!! WOO HOO:D Sorry my phone wasnt by me today, went to the inlaws to play with cricut......

Oh and about the c25k, i believe the knee issues, cause i find sometimes i run i get my knees hurtin again, but i dont care i was watching the news where that older woman wieghed get this 700 lbs!!! She got down to 200! AND was running... So if she can run i can run. I also saw my dad loose his weight with running..

SOOO i finally GOT RID OF THE GOLD FISH. No more snack foods. My goodness. Tomorrow though i am doing mushies and liquids, because.. well.... i had not much to eat all day then for din i had a hamburger patty with ketchup and mayo and a tomato.. well it didnt stay down, the bad part i was at the inlaws... they do NOT know about my surgery.. mike said im like on crack cause i mess with my nose lol after i go and pb... whatever.. so im gonna give my pouch some time to relax...

What else is going on let me think...Reggie are we bringing hubbies?? Im looking forward to it!

The walk will work for most days for me let me know which weekend yall choose.. this sat is my 5k.. which im nervous about... i did run a 5 min solid then 7 min solid then 5 min solid.. and not feel like i was being shot.. but i havent been workin out like normal.. so we will see if i make it lol. How i look at this is it is my starting point..

oh well well mikes ditching me so im gonna end this here ill post more in the morning

sorry if i forgot anyone! You are all doing great ill talk to you alllll soon:D

My nose runs after I PB how weird is that ??

I finally ate the insides of manicotti tonight and it was yummy and fine. I need to buy some ricotta and Tomato sauce and make that again. I did that post op it was so good. I gotta find options that work. I didn't get lunch today cause I couldn't make it stop sticking...............

ANd here I am up at 12:15am. LOL. I didn't drink enought Water today and woke up thristy. I agree with Heather I need to move the water up more. Since my last fill 64 is all I can get down but today I only got 40 and I am feeling it..................loving my water.

Mini-rant this morning: I am supposed to go out after work with the boss and one of the Supervisors' Aides, so I am looking through my closet trying to find something cute to wear to work today that I can also go out after in - you know, good clothes but not a suit dress. Well there isn't much left hanging in my closet, but I pulled out what few things I still have and - NOTHING!!! Nothing fits; stuff I was wearing a month ago is baggy and ugly now. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! I mean, I have jeans and casual clothes and all, I get that kind of stuff from the clothing exchange (although nothing smaller than a 14, which is what I need now), but ZIPPO in the way of professional-looking clothes. So I am wearing pants with an adjustable waist (butt is baggy, but they stay up!) and a blouse that absolutely hangs off of me. How lame is that . . . .

. . . but how nice to have this problem! Good morning ladies :-)

Boy my band is not happy tonight - I had 7 wheat thins and a laughing cow wedge for Breakfast - no problem, then a Protein Drink and a small banana for lunch - little bit uncomfortable after eating the banana, tried a small amount of spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan for dinner - ate half of it and gave it to my daughter, went out and watered flowers, came in a pbd the noodles. I guess that is why they say no Pasta. I just ate a slider food - small ice cream sandwich.

Need to get back to making my food for a few days ahead of time. Guess why this is a learning process.

Ok so I totally need to get with it and learn the "lap band language" slider food ?, pbd ? :sneaky:

A "slider" food is one that is slippery enough to slide through the band - ice cream, for example. They defeat the purpose of the band because they do not stay in the pouch & do not make you feel full. PBd means she "productive burped" - that's when the food sitting above the band comes back up (NOT the same as throwing up - this stuff have not been in the stomach yet, it's just in the pouch), either because there is something lodged ("stuck") in the band's small opening, or because one has eaten too much for the pouch to hold! Some people never do PB, some just "slime" which is when the esopuogus is trying to get the food down by restricting/loosening and producing LOTS of ropy saliva, but the saliva can't get past the bacn so it comes back into your mouth and you have to keep spitting . . . . so lovely!

Good morning Maria!!!

Oh no u didn't Riley, the visual, lololol. A doc I used to go to had large comics on the ceiling, and he was a funny guy too.

Go Candra, Go Candra, get your band on, on yo Bday!

Hi ya ladies, ckin in a lil late, had some time with my guyz, dinner and chattin bout things. Then I had to catch up 3 pges! Whew! Maybe we should ask for a special place to sum up each page at the bottom lolol.

Don't think I can do lunch tomorrow, am doing a special time with young ladies in the youth group, Friday, so have to clean house and prep tomorrow. I am sorry. Heather wanna come to Roseville/Rocklin, early afternoon? hehehe, I miss you! Candra, can I have a pair of 16 jeans for just a lil while??? Not many are my height, I promise to 'pay' AND pass them forward, our traveling pants!

Reggie, next weekend sounds great! Fri or Sat? Heather, Pam and all, can we do together next weekend then?

Also, the Sac Support Group is the 22nd of August, don't know if I could do the 29th, would be 3 weekends away, might have a meeting that morning also. But would like to!

What time is the support group meeting in SAC on the 22nd?

My son has his football jamboree that day the time hasnt been determined yet. but I hope its very early so I can join you ladies. what's going on today? just remembered today isnt good either I am watching my neighbors daughters today. Maan! I can never seem to make it to any of the gatherings and I so want to meet everyone.:lol:

Wait! there is still hope.. next weekend... Reggie you still having a get together? I would like to take something please let me know..if not, I will think of something good but not too bad :sneaky:

Riley- I love ya lady! dont know ya personally but I already luv ya!!! Thank you for that lesson on lap band talk.

And buenos dias to you too! have a wonderful day!

Well ladies gotta get off the net for a while taking my son to school and need to work on this house today and watch the girls. I will get back on later this afternoon.

See ya and remember to make today count!

Good morning ladies!!

Well, as I sit here sipping my venti Decaf latte AGAIN lol I realize I need to be way harder on myself then I have been. I did get on the scale as as of today I was 270.7. I was 285 at orientation 7/28. I guess that's a decent loss? I really believe my increase of Water is helping, since water helps digest foods :sneaky:

Candra honey the day I fit in some 16's (I believe thats what you said) I will probably ball my eyes out. I have been a 22 / 24 as long as I can remember!! I remember being a 14 back in 7th grade.....

I really would like to meet with you all one day, but it seems you do alot on weekdays when I am at work lol. then usually my daughter is always at my side on the weekends...if you dont mind a wild 2 year old with me :lol:

Does anyone else still drink coffee? ? Did you drink it during the 1200 diet and still lost, or should I cut it out NOW!