Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks Reggie!

I love all the info I have learned here, if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't even be thinking about this. Now my mom, boss, and friends want to follow the pre-op diet with me too! :)

Tamra that's great! My hubby modified the pre-op meal plan to include a few hundred more calories and followed it with me and he has lost over 40 lbs and is at his goal weight. It's a great plan for anyone to follow!

Robin at the fill said that Liz followed it and lost 75 lbs. It is a great program!

Man, my band is tight! I'm liking it but it really does make my food choices less exciting. Yesterday was tough because we were at Six Flags from open to close. I brought almonds, a string cheese, a Fiber One Bar and a little tupperware container with Peanut Butter in it with a spoon. Not too creative, huh? I was going for Protein that wouldn't spoil by being in my purse all day in the hot sun.

Today I almost got stuck with my lunch and ended up just throwing it away and deciding I wasn't hungry. I think I'll wait a few hours and if I'm hungry I'll try again.

Do any of you find that after you've been or ALMOST been stuck that it kinda takes your appetite away? I find that I'm kinda over it and don't want to try eating for a while...

It's a very strange feeling to not enjoy eating as much. It used to be my #1 hobby! lol

Hey Chris I am right there with you. My apetite is next to nothing right now. I am not hungry and I get stuck easy. I just am so NOT into food right now.............like I have to remind myself to eat cause it is such so hard to get it down.

That's one of the indicators that you're at your sweet spot, when you just don't even think about eating. Me, . . . . not so much. Had great restriction yesterday, but I am right back to eating 2+ cups at a time today! And only staying full for 2 hours. Now me, I think about eating all of the time still! Grrr . . . .

Riley you think YOU think about food alot? LOL today I was eating my salad telling myself MMMM dinner IN A FEW HOURS!! :)

Riley you think YOU think about food alot? LOL today I was eating my salad telling myself MMMM dinner IN A FEW HOURS!! :)

Thats FUNNY!!!! So what's for dinner??? Must be good!

Tamra! That is HILARIOUS!!! I do have to admit i remember those days though.

I right now forget about food, and only really eat cause im bored..if i was out and about id probably forget about it but ill be sitting here or feeding audrey and take a bite. I am not having issues of stuck anymore though.. But this might be my sweet spot, cause i am happy for 4-6+ hours at a time, and im eating under a cup at each meal. And since the other day im not stuck. One of my friends that was with me when i had the issues thinks i was tight due to stress.. Makes since.

Thats FUNNY!!!! So what's for dinner? ?? Must be good!

I put a chicken in the crock pot! gonna have 3 oz of that, 1 small baked potato, and some broccoli....hopefully that's enough!! :laugh:

I also drank ALL my 64 oz Water already! whoo-hoo!!

Nicole I cannot wait to when I am at the point food is not my bestfriend

Nicole- I'm on my 2nd extension. The way it works is you need to wait untill all your benfits have been exhausted before you can re-apply. The day they cut your final check you can jump online and fill out the online form for an extension. Good luck. I have been looking everyday and I'm hoping I wont have to need the final and 3rd extension in November. Geez it has been stressful and frustrating. Good luck!

Not sorry I got the band.

I think I am at my sweet spot or maybe just a little past. I don't want an unfill. But I learned today I have to eat very slow. I ate my whole salad and it took my 1/2 hour but it stayed down. Yogurt stayed down. I am stressed so I think if I can relax it would be perfect. But today has gone better.

Yesterday was a hard day and yep after I get stuck I want nothing to do with food for several hours. Like that day at the resterant once that happens I am so done with food for a few hours. Even if I was starved before. I still think some of the food makes it to your stomach..........but geez yesterday I almost gave away my band by having so many problems at lunch. Today I didn't go out to eat with my co workers.............until I learn how to do this I want to eat alone!! My co workers were horrified I only took two bites and was done.......they kept saying way to stressed!! LOL. I didn't want to tell them but I almost had to..........

I can't wait to get to the point that i don't think about food all the time. I mostly want to eat when I'm sitting around at night with nothing else to do and that was ALWAYS my downfall.. I can go all day without eating but then the evening comes and i can't stop eating.

Hey, Tamra - what works for me in the evenings is a big fat hot cup of Decaf with a little cream & splenda. I find that keeps me pretty busy for a while and full for a few hours. When I have $ I walk to starbucks - it's close - and I get a Venti, decaf americano! Yuuummmmmyyyyy!!

This whole job and recession thing is way too outta control! I'm not really affected by it at this point but damn! So many of you and my other friends are - It's just rediculous! But on the news the other day it said the recession is ending - NOT!