Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra the drinking.. i didnt stop until the day of surgery.. something just clicked.

I hope it clicks for me too because I'm having a hard time with that one. Mainly, I think, it's because I have the huge jug sitting in front of me at all time - I should try to put it out of site when I eat. The Water helps me feel full but maybe with the band I won't need it to feel full.

No you shouldnt need it to feel full if anything you will feel more hungry:) Yeah weird i know:)

Did you see what i wrote about the salsa dancing earlier?

A summer dress how smart!! I will pick one up this weekend. How often did you guys go back to get weighed in? Do you have to make an appointment or can you just walk in?

Thanks for the support girls, I so need it!! of course my friends are telling me yay but I feel it more here :)

Weigh in after surgery?? we go once a month because of fills. Pre surgery i never went in for a weigh in. My appts were not as lucky as most of the girls, there were never appts available until at least a month a part from each other besides the psych - surgeon one.. but the surgeon to liz one because she was on a 2 week leave it was 3 weeks till i got to see her..

But you can always go in for a weight check:D

No, I didn't see it! I will go back and find it

Oh, yes, Tamra - a sundress with the littlest flip flops is how to get weighed in.

Ok, so I can't do this whole quote thing!

But I found a couple of posts from you, Nicole, that I missed LOL. Lets do it - tonight or next week - whatever you want!

Candra: you could never hate your band.. I have never regretted it.. or disliked it or asked what was i thinking. I loved it the moment i got out of surgery.. i was sore and in pain, but i was soo excited to start my new life.

Ok, gonna try this "quote" thing again!

I know i won't hate it - it's just doing something so drastic (for lack of a better word) to my body is something I'd never even consider in the past LOL I don't even have children!! Anway, I know that within the next 4 weeks I will be banded buecause my labs are done and Sarah said that we need to get this done in 4 weeks!

Tamra, so far the ONLY time i've gone in just to weigh was when I hit my surgery goal weight. I needed to have that documented on the Kaiser system before Dr. Fisher would move forward. But for every appt you do have they will weigh you. so, when you go to see the psych, you'll get weighed. When you go to see Liz, you'll get weighed. I didn't get weighed when I did my labs & EKG though. But you don't go just to get weighed except for the goal weight. I just showed up at my Dr. office - thanks to Nicole! - and they had a nurse weigh me and document it in the system - I didn't even pay my co-pay LOL - just walked in and asked to be weighed.

A summer dress how smart!! I will pick one up this weekend. How often did you guys go back to get weighed in? Do you have to make an appointment or can you just walk in?

Outside of my weigh-ins during my appointments, I weighed on Santa Rosa Kaiser's big tubbo scale (I was in the 14-week WLS class) ever week. I also went down to other friends' appointments in Richmond with them as a support person, and they always let me weigh then, too! And only recorded it if I asked them to. They also always looked to see if they had any appointments open that day so I could just get my next one taiken care of! Always brought my binder :-) It was cool too, that is how I got to meet the other surgeons (all except Dr. Im)

Lets do next Thursday so maybe others can join in. :) And that will give me time to get some nylons:) Does any dress work?

4 weeks woo hoo:D I had a feeling though since u did ur labs:D

I ment running in and weighing at your Dr to track your loss pre-surgery! I was thinking about stopping by every 2 weeks and logging it, but i dont want to pay a co-pay LOL!

I ment running in and weighing at your Dr to track your loss pre-surgery! I was thinking about stopping by every 2 weeks and logging it, but i dont want to pay a co-pay LOL!

Tamra, you don't need to pay just contact your PC physician's office and let them know that you need to weigh for pre-op. I only went in twice to weigh. I'm glad things are rolling for you! Keep it up you can do it!

Tamra, I weighed in every 2 weeks to track my progress and so it would be in my chart. You don't need an appt--just walk up to the counter at the medicine dept where your PCP is and tell they you're in the bariatric program and want to have your weight taken and recorded in Health Connect so it will be on file.

They'll just have you wait a minute or two until a nurse has time and they'll call you back, weigh you and that's it! Just remind them that you want it put into Health Connect so your surgeon can see that you're doing it. It shows motivation and accountability and is a great idea! :)