Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra by jove, I think you're right!!! I haven't been to Ross (except to get stuff for the boys LOL) for ages - I think I'll try to get there this afternoon! Thanks for your encouragement :-)

Ive created a monster.. we put her in her pack n play last night to sleep and well she slept in.. well for nap i put her in her toddler bed and she threw a cry fit over it.. i put her in her pack n play and she happily went to sleep. What the heck? I think maybe its the security? Maybe?? any ideas?

I am getting scared! What if he totally downs me for wanting the lapband then makes me loose 30lbs which I have NEVER DONE in my life! I need a nice 20 lb suggestion. Am I allowed to call and my change my surgeon after this appointment today if he isn't for me? I't won't look bad?

I didn't realize the next appointment gets made today too, sheesh! I figured I wouldn't miss anymore work for a few months, even told my boss that! :biggrin:

BTW Nicole

My almost 3 yr old still sleeps in her CRIB! I took it apart and made it into the toddler bed and she freaked out, she wouldn't sleep it, cried, would wake in the middle of the night and climb in with me - the min I put the crib siding back on, she was fine.

I think it is a security issue!

The only reason I thought Dr. Im was using my body to decide the amount of weight for me to lose was because I had to lay on the table and pull my shirt up so he could see the area he needed to cut and he felt around. Maybe it's just his way of doing it - heavens knows all the surgeons seem to do things a little differently.

Yes, get a new dress Riley - you deserve it.

Nicole - it is probably her security right now - she can probably sense you guys are under stress - I wouldn't worry about it right now - let her sleep in the pack n play if that's what it takes.

Tamra don't be worried. And it could take a few months you never know it all depends on your weight loss and their schedules. The psych one is the only appt you can really progress to before you are at goal weight.

Go in there and tell him you only want the band, you dont want RNY if he fights you over it ( i doubt he will) then tell him you are swapping surgeons. You have the right to call and ask for a different surgeons im sure people do it all the time. After all this is the person who will be doing all your aftercare also. They dont only cut us open:D

Fisher is known to be harder on weight loss.. so you never know. We will help you loose the 30.. it can be done you will be suprised. Believe me I am... I never lost more then 20.. and i lost almost 50 pre surgery.. so i believe you can do it!:biggrin:

I think I will be okay! I am hoping he goes easy on me and says 20-25...it sucks because they said they will look back and previous weights, and I had lost a good 15 lbs between dr appointments but gained it all back within the referral time to now! grrrrr!

I forgot to tell you guys, a man in the class sitting in front of me fell ASLEEP during Robin showing us the foods and diets! she said IS HE sleeping? ?? everyone turned around and looked....he woke up quick! way to go! :biggrin:

Yeah i think ill let her sleep in it. Poor thing. I know right now has to be hard for her also. But i miss her big girl bed:( She did so well in it for soo long, then me being stupid.. lol.

Oh well i guess she will go back when she is ready.

How is everyone doin today

Wow! He fell asleep! I could imagine how upset that made her.. That would upset m e also..

maybe he has a sleeping disorder caused by his extra weight - I'm sure that is what they would have told him since everything we have wrong with us is caused by our extra weight. :biggrin:

yeah needless to say I doubt he will go all the way - he didn't seem very interested lol.

The videos were so cool too - it scared me at one point when Dr Fisher said thats a heart, you don't want to poke that!!!!!! I am like OMG THIS MAN IS GOING TO POKE MY HEART AND KILL ME lol!! i am paranoid enough and comments like that are not ok!!

The guy that fell asleep probably has severe sleep apnea - they fall asleep all the time - one would think she'd be used to it . . it IS pretty boring tho, LOL!

Yes Tamra you absolutely can change, all you do is call and say you want to switch because you don't feel that the surgeon you met with can support you. If that even happens! I have heard him say that the lap-band is a good surgery . . . of course that statement was followed by, "but RNY is the gold standard." I know like 5 people who switched. And yes he IS very forgetful! My one friend visited him 3 times and every time he forgot what surgery he was having - can't he just look at his chart?!?! But he has been there a long long time and has excellent results so try him and see what you think!

Nicole I totally agree with Pam re: Auds and the crib/security. Give her a couple nights, she will crawl in the bed again when she's ready. She gets stressed too!

And Tamra I know you are shy . . don't let him intimidate you! Stick up for what YOU want girl . . . you have done your research. If you feel really overwhelmed, ask for Dr. Park, she is the sweetest calmest kindest thing you have ever met!

Gool Luck Shopping Riley - I love shopping!

Donna, can't wait to take you shopping - I want to see you in a 12 petite! Maybe a skinny jean with those tiny legs of yours - ooohhh weeee, your husbands gonna love it!

Tamra - you are on your way - All you have to do with Dr. Fisher is tell him you understand that he is pro RNY but you prefer the band and he will leave it at that - that's what I said to him first thing! He didn't try to pressure me at all. He is a nice man just a little tougher on the initial weight loss but you can do it - Look at Heather! He told her to lose 80lbs and she's rockin! The fastest way to do it (for me, anyway) was to eat 5 Very Small meals per day and only Proteins and fats! eating often keeps the metabolism going all day and it's proteins and fats that keep you full the longest. I eat 1/2 cup of chicken salad (canned costco chicken with mayo) or tuna salad or egg salad. That's pretty much it. when I'm real bored I'll have a couple of chicken thighs - I keep the skin on for the fat. BUT... I did try it the 1200 cal diet way for two weeks first to see if it would work for me - unfortunately, I gained wieght on it. Dr. Fisher actually told me there are way too many carbs on that plan and to cut them out. What I do is basically, the Atkins Fat Fast. Let me know if you want a copy of that.