Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yea pam that is exactly what it does! What i think is crazy, is most overweight people dont eat like that just to eat.. i dont get it. I once dated a guy that thought my fat belly was sexy lol, we didnt make it more then a month cause he wanted me to eat and eat and i was like wanting to loose weight not put it on...

hey I just looked and there are 6 members and 1 guest on this thread right now - wonder who the guest is?

Good morning my beautiful ladies, who I happen to know do not hardly eat at ALL! We should do a lap-band rality show :-)

I came in to the office to get that stuff done for the CAO before our meeting this afternoon, but I told him I won't be attending the meeting to infect him LOL . . going back home now, splitting headache

Hi All - gone 1 day and you all are just chatting away.

Tamra - Dr. Fisher did my orientation too - he was pro RNY. Just be firm when he asked which way you are leaning - I told him I don't need rapid weight loss, I need help learning how to do this for the rest of my life and he didn't say another word. He's a little more harsh on the initial weight loss, I think. But no worries, most people lose alot more than their surgery goal weight anyway.

Pam, I dont' think it really matters where you carry your weight, at least, not as far as Dr. Fisher is concerned. I've never carried alot of weight around my middle - mostly my hips butt & THIGHS. But I still had to lose 30lbs first. Tina didn't carry weight in her middle either and Dr. Baggs only had her lose 12lbs. I think it's just about the Doctor. Remember, Jessika - PnkPassion - from Virginia? She didn't even have to lose any weight. I honestly believe it's just up to the doctors and what they want.

so sorry to hear about all the layoffs and work stress!!

Jes, I see you had your EKG & Labs just done - I did that yesterday. I also had to do a mamogram since im 40 now :biggrin:

She was pleased that my breasts were large and could be placed anyway she wanted them - I however, was not pleased about it. But, not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway, I didn't even look at the papers they gave me - I never do! Not since my Doctor showed me the new computer system they got and how it lists everything about me, like what meds I'm on and how "severly depressed" I am or how I'm "morbidly obese" I am. Great system! Grrr.

Hi Donna - I'm here :sad: I had to help my girlfriend clean her old house all day yesterday. I swear, I love her but I just want to get things done and she lolligags!

Riley, hope you feel better soon! I just got over a kidney infection about 4 months ago - NO PRECEEDING BLADDER INFECTION either. Not sure what that's all about - but stay on top of it - I had a fever of 102 before I went to the ER. Tell them you're in ALOT of pain and they'll give you a shot of the good stuff LOL

WOW Candra, really? I've had 2 kidney infections in my life, would not wish one on an enemy! YUCKO. My fever is gone now, still have the "intestinal troubles" but that's probably from eating wheat yesterday. Runny nose, sneezing but no coughing/chest crap yet, thank goodness! One of my very best friends from college is getting married Saturday and I CAN'T miss it. I am lucky enough to work with her so I see her almost every day, but still . . . very excited about this wedding! AND I want to feel good enough to go shopping before it, I have lost 12 lbs. since my daughter's wedding so I think I need a new dress to wear, don't you? The only one I have that fits right nowe is black with little red dots - good for work, not so much for a wedding. I can't afford it but I want it anyways!

Tina what do you hear?

Tamra can't wait to hear what he says! Tell him you have done a lot of research and are only interested in the lap-band (if that's true of course!) And that you are already in a support group, that's a great indicator of success & he will appreciate it. I hope you think he's a good fit for you, come back on and tell us when you get done!

RILEY JANE - YOU DESERVE A NEW DRESS!! you've worked hard to be a smaller size and deserve a smaller dress to accetuate the smaller you! I always have good luck at Marshalls & Ross for dresses! Usually around $29.99!

Take photos - lots & lots of photos!!

Oh, and that was my 2nd kidney infection! first one was in highschool but I had a bladder infection first - took the antibiotics but apparently that didn't stop if from hittin my kidney. I had no idea this last time was a kidney infection untill they told me at kaiser.

Oh, and Tamra - Dr. Fisher is a little forgetfull, I think. When I was there he said he'd set me up an appt with a psych. But he didn't so I asked his nurse to do it and she did it right there for me. Also, he emailed me on Monday and said that he ordered my labs & EKG and that I can get them done at my primary facility - but when I got there on Tuesday (yesterday) there were NO orders for either. Once again, I called a nurse in the Richmond Bariatrics dept and she had them ordered in 5 minutes. Be sure to get your Psych appt before you leave there today!

LOL too funny gotta love drs:D

Candra did you ever call the girls for your Case Manager appt??? Liz is the one to schedule your surgery.... I dont want you to have to redo your labs.. cause they have to be done like 4 weeks or something before surgery......

You go girl im sooo excited for you guys:D

SO my band is loooosey goooosey today.. I had bfast just fine andnow im snacking on watermelon, oh goodness. lol.

Yes good point Nicole, labs can be no more than 4 weeks out from surgery