Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'm finally having to learn to slow down and COUNT my chewing also, Tina. Until now I haven't really had to worry about it too much but I can tell that now that has changed since my last fill.

I'm glad that it happened to me too (ONCE! just ONCE!) because now I know what it is and why it happens and what I need to do to hopefully avoid it! It definitely isn't something I want to get used to and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for Tina, Pam and Riley to have it happen so often. UGH!!! right? But I can also understand how disheartening it would be to have to go in for an unfill too...this band is a trickey little thing isn't it?

Tina i hope you arent on the list at all, you are such a great person, and we need someone out there we can trust to take care of some of the kids.:thumbup:

I am gonna try my hardest not to slime tomorrow when it happened that one time today i kinda freaked and changed my pace etc....also today i was kinda not at home every time i ate and i was helping my friend.. But tina i dont know how you have put up with it. To me it doesnt feel normal, and noooooway will i live this way im to stubborn:)

So is anyone watching the More To Love show??

I feel really bad for those of you that are always dealing with sliming etc. I know none of us signed up for that.. so i hope you get better. :thumbup:

Hiya lovely ladies...yep, I have slimed also. From what I understand, we need to be careful what we eat afterwards, in case their was any swelling, let things simmer down. But, yep, as u said Riley, when out, talking too much and not paying attention, I call it my learning curve for a banded belly! Am learning more & more each day, also that it can be finicky. Gotta listen to those soft body signs!

Reggie, how u doing, any chance of a fill yet? Heather, have u weighed in yet, or are u at least coming for air with all your school work and reports? Tamra, pls come share after your surg. appt...so exciting hearing bout yur journey!

Hope everyone else is well, my heart is just breaking after, spending time with Tina on Sat, with all the stories, and to think that children's advocates can be just taken away, just really sad bout that. My prayers are with you all and the layoffs. Please, let us be your support and shoulders as needed!

Candra love, where are you? Hey Jes...on deck!

I don't think I can make it for lunch, but still might be a possiblity. Perhaps next week, Thursday? sleep well! :thumbup:

I am like you Riley, once I start sliming and gurgling and sliming it is over and it comes back up. I am not eating lettuce at all - not even trying again.

Do we want to try for next Thursday for lunch?

I watched some of More to Love last night and it was sad to see all those young girls fawning over the guy like he was their last chance at love. To me some of them looked heavier than it said on the screen - could be the way they carry their weight.

Good morning!

Well, here I am day one of this preop diet. Did you guys have to kind of "tweak" this as well? I really don't want any carbs, and I also don't eat eggs / drink milk. I am trying hard to follow it tho. This morning I have 3/4 cottage cheese, 1 small apple, 1 slice of turkey bacon, and Water. Is that ok??

I can't wait to see Dr. Fisher today and see what he tells me!! :thumbup: I am leaving here @ 2.

Hey ladies off to work. I know it will be crazy down there today. I am sure we will hear something today about all the cuts. We were told layoffs in September and December and possibly even next July again. The September cuts will be the worst is what I hear.....................my guess is that they will have a meeting today and give us timelines.

Band is tight this morning again. But I am still at 210 after three days of under 1000. I just don't think I do well at that level. Gonna try to have an up day and get more in today!!

Pam, I agree.. the girls i think lied. I think what they use are the Drivers License weights.. i know mine used to be 30 below my actual... now its 50 higher:D lol but do you know what i mean. They had girls my height that looked like they were wearing 22/24 and saying they weighed 200.. i was like uh huh ya right.

I agree it is sooo sad how they were fawning over him like he was their last chance. I don't get it, I was never that way even when heavy... so maybe they wanted the most depressed girls for the show??? Oh and i didn't think he was so dreamy like they said.. interesting show. I wonder if any of the girls were NOT into him.....?

I am up for a lunch next Thursday..:biggrin: Let me know when and where i have to bring our waitress her pizza dough:) And reggie her stuff...

Oh tina! Your stuff is being shipped directly to you:) Just so you know:D Let me know when you get it.

Tamra: everyone did the Preop Diet the way they wanted to, so you are doing great:D Good Luck today, i am very excited for you! Let us know how it goes!

Tina, this is inscane! I am shocked how they are 1. letting a lot of inmates out this year to lower cost for the state, but then at the same time, putting our kids in more danger. Everyone is worried of CPS takin their children... parents arent going to be scared anymore. Its quite frustrating.

Oh I missed that show!! I wish I would have seen it. I have been working evenings to make up from being out sick last week!! Didn't get in until 8pm the last couple os nights............

Hey Donna I see you called. I went to bed early for once!! LOL. Trying to get all my sleep in for weight loss!! LOL.

Yea California has issues. I don't know how things will turn out but I know probation is taking a huge hit to so they won't be supervising all the people that get out of jail. Probation took a hard hit in February and we are being told no supervision by a person more like the released inmates will be watched by a computer system type thing. But than you cut the Sheriffs patrol...........I just don't know how this will work out. I guess we wait and see..............I think the criminally minded are gonna go a little crazy with all their freedom. I hope not but geez...........this is sorta looking like a bad situation all around!!

I hear Texas is a good place to live!!

NIcole have you checked out Reno? I hear they are doing ok up there and hiring.................

It is a series so it will be on next Tuesday evening too. I think it would have been better if they didn't have an overweight guy as the catch - he is over 300 lbs. Makes it look like overweight women can only get overweight men.

Oh I am not so sure that sounds like an exciting show!! I might do better getting caught up with work!! LOL.

Well only got down 1/2 of cup of yogurt today. Just can't get to much in at one time which is the point of the band no?? LOL. Certainly not hungry though......

Pam i totally agree! They shoulda gotten a hot skinny guy that likes us voluptuous ladies! The show kinda portrays over weight girls, as emotional, dieing for attn, women... when most of us were never that way...

Tina: funny you say reno we are looking at going there for the night since to apply you have to go in person to most of the places... so we will see.

Iwish i could get sleep in lately that isa joke.. auds sleeps in longer then mommy:(

Tina its just like the bachelor and bachelorette, just heavy set women. And instead of all the girls talkin about how hot they are, you have all the girls talkin about how its their last chance. It does show that he finds love, so thats exciting..

OH PAM did you notice at the get together they do there was food THERE! I have never seen teh regular romance shows have food during the "get to know" time... Also how many times did you hear them mention "what do you like to eat" "what do you want me to cook for you" its like, they found the people in the worst state of mind for the show...

Yes, I noticed the food. He said he likes to eat and the women all like to eat so I guess they can get fatter together. Unfortunately it just furthers the stereotype of heavy people eating all the time, which isn't always true.