Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I hear that Riley this is crazy. I hope your position is saved!!

OMG I did find out about the child welfare cuts. I wonder if the 200 socialworker layoffs was before or AFTER the veto. We are already at 4-5X a normal caseload right now. We already can't handle what is going on. My guess is that todays veto was a total surprize out of left field. I bet CPS will basically be shut down in Sacramento County. 200 workers down is already a HUGE part of CPS.

I guess I will find out tomorrow. But we were told last week before all this that 200 social workers were gone in September worst case scenario...........my guess is that CPS is gonna shut down except for a very small core of workers and we aren't gonna be investigation or taking kids much anymore. Scary no doubt!! This is gonna be bad I hate to even guess how many kids will die...............time to get out of the social work field for sure.

Edited by swrktp

Yeah Tamra, Dr. Baggs set my surgery goal weight at 255 (30 lbs.down) but I was already down to 250 when he did it, so he might have asked me to lose less. I kinda doubt it though, I carried a lot around my "middle" and I used to have fatty liver disease, so I wanted to lose all I could before surgery. Pam is right, depends on you, your surgeon, your shape and your history . . . for some reason Heather had to lose more I think because she had not had a child yet?? All kinds of stuff only the surgeon can tell you!

Edited by riley4183

My masters degree won't save my job either but it might put me a bit higher on the list............but with 200 workers getting laid off I am pretty sure I am within that number since it is more than half of CPS!!

Tamra think of it this way.. Me and Riley had an orientation together nither of us (i believe) had coffees.. now look at everyone in your orientation they say one or two people will actually finish the process..... So be glad that you took step number one to start your new life. Whats funny is when we bring up the people who brought coffees to orientation robin gets irritated that they are still at that point. Because by orientation you should be ready... So girl, you go girl! AND remember you will surpass everyone and loose the weight:D

I had to wait a month for my appt and by then i was down 31 lbs.. so the pscych sent me over to baggs the next week then bags put me in for liz, but she was on a stupid vacation lol. It does go VERY FAST once you hit goal:)

Tina yeah, looks like he specifically cut $$ for investigations . . . but I'm sure they have been watching this closely and this IS the worst-case they anticipated. You are right, more children will die and even more will end up on the streets and then in prison, yeah that will really save our state money - THAT JERK!

So if you transfer back to courts, are you still under the county system or the state's? Our court employees went under the state a couple of years ago - weird I don't know how that all works . . . its just stressful! Good to have back-up plans.

What is wrong with this state omg! Girls i am so sorry! But i can tell you what im scared out of Cali seriously this is OUT OF CONTROL. I have a baby she is gonna have shitty school, and out of control school mates.. What more can we take!

Nicole youre right I didn't have coffee!! I sure wanted one when I saw them tho, LOL . . but I was REALLY glad I wasn't chewing GUM, LOL!!

So tina ill take some of that soup.......

I might be too tight. Goodness, im living in your foot steps. im loosing again.. but its not gonna keep up if i cant eat. I missed bfast due to a lot of stress, but yea i went to grass valley with auds and had a piece of chicken outa her chow mein, guess what i felt that piece of crap chicken! Didnt come up.. ok good im done but im done eating lol. 4 hrs later i try some shrimp with my shrimp salad.. ok guess what.. yeah you guessed it i felt it. I had to wait 5 min for it to go down then i could eat some salad and stuff again but nothing more then 1/4 a cup if that. a total of 2 shrimp and 5 pieces of salad cut lettuce.. so yeah not much.. Ok dinner time... we went to sizzler.. i had a lile clump of salad and some taco meat.. welllll ate the taco meat just fine, go to my salad, i get the stuck feeling but worse then ever before.. and i decide ok i gotta get this out. So i go to the bathroom, and jeez, i slimmed.. it was SOO GROOSE. Slimmy balls of clear liquid. Finally after i felt like i was choking on slime, my salad came right back up.. NOW this is new for me, I NEVER vomit, i hate vomiting. I reject it.. i couldnt this time:( I will take an unfill and be loose rather then deal with this!

I come out of the ladies room and i had a crab leg and i decided i was gonna eat it.. cause i need to eat SOMETHING today.. it went down PERFECTLY! No pain, not a darn thing! then i had a sizzler bowl of chowder lol. You know those lil bowels... im happy now.

Do you guys find that maybe our pouch makes up a bunch of slime thru the day and thats why we get stuck?? cause once i emptied it i could eat fine.. i dont get it.

But i need to pay more attn to chewing and stop eating.. crazy!

LOL riley do you remember the chick she made throw away her gum? lol i told mike he was like wow...

Yeah exactly Nicole, that's the one I was talking about!! Liz is SO much nicer now . . .

You girls and your sliming! About darned time, LOL. Whenever I get anything stuck, I slime. Period. I think your esophogus keeps doing what it is supposed to do to get food down - contracting and producing saliva - but when you're stuck, it can't go down so it comes up. And about 75% of the time, once I slime/spit/slime/spit I might as well just give up because I'm gonna PB. If I don't PB, I am just done eating. But if I DO PB, then I'm all better and I can go back out and eat like nothing ever happened! I must stress, though, that this ONLY happens when I am talking while eating or otherwise not paying attention. OR if I try to eat too early in the morning - or if I try to eat after waking up in the middle of the night - or if I try to eat when I'm really upset. Those are good stoppers . . . . but I really, really need to slow down and pay attention! It is my own darned fault when it happens.

LOL riley id rather an unfill then to do that again. Im gonna pay more attn. I have a lot going on right now, and think maybe my stress is causing the band to tighten? Who knows i just want it to stop. If i throw up again tomorrow im calling. IM sorry that is not how we are meant to live.....

Oh stress TOTALLY makes me tighten way up, and I have heard a lot of people say that! I am worried about both you and Tina (and me, frankly!) being too tight because of stress right now, and really no end in sight! Unless Mike gets a job offer tomorrow, LOL. But at least we are not GAINING during this high stress time ladies!

Nicole it sounds like your fill takes a week or so to catch you, like mine do. And you have a LOT in your band, compared to me!

3 cups of lettuce today, down without a problem - no dressing, either. It was my salad from yesterday! I ate it real slow, yeah, but it all fit . . . . and I had 2 whole wheat tortillas with my dinner, I can't tolerate wheat so I am going to pay for that one! So too tight to eat one day (well, I was getting the flu) and I can eat too much today. Finicky band!

Hey girls!

So, I was originally assigned to Dr. Fisher and I had my surgeon consult with him and he assigned me my goal weight. I started at 297.5 and I was 287 at my appt, he told me to get to 270 and then he'd schedule surgery.

When I was supposed to have my pre-op appt with him it got cancelled at the last minute because he had to go out of town. They offered me an appt with Dr. Baggs and I had confidence in any of the surgeons and had read good things about all of them. From then on I was a Dr. Baggs patient.

I really liked Dr. Fisher and he reminded me a lot of my dad, he seemed very caring and fatherly to me. I'm sure you'll like him. Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about how the appt goes and what your goal weight will be.

Dress LIGHT tomorrow! :thumbup:

Tina and Riley--I'm so sorry to hear about all the work stress. I hope you guys can stick around there longer and don't get laid off any time soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Thanks all I plan to take to the union tomorrow and see exactly what number I am on the layoff list. They have a list floating around that tells us which number we are.........as long as I am not 1-200.

In regards to child investigations money. It all falls under CPS funding...............all the same pot.

Sliming. I hate to say it but I am glad I am not the only one anymore. Riley and I have been dealing with it since June. I just have no more wiggle room to mess up anymore. Before I could play around a bit depending on the food. Now it is pretty much all foods that are a problem ...............I am sorta forcing myself to eat and drink enough cause I am not worried about food at this point. Sorta a side issues right now cause I don't feel like I have time to eat slow all the time!!! Geez I realize how fast I eat...............way to fast. Learning to slow down.