Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Reggie, how many CCs do you currently have in your band? Will this be your 1st fill? Second?? When did you get your last fill??

OK, now.. dont get mad at me:( BUT, Girl, you are not supposed to be waiting for your pouch to empty to continue eating. IF you get a sense of 1/2 full or "i need to empty my pouch" Stop eating at that moment. Here is why, your pouch really isnt empty.. its just no longer stretched.. food cant just go thru it that fast unless all you are eating are sliders. which i doubt:D

So when you eat a few min after letting it "empty" you are hmm how can i put this, sabbotaging yourself.. and not letting your band work.....

We ALL could eat as much as we want when we want if we just wait a few min and let the band relax.. but we try to make an effort not to. Also, next time, dont see "how much can i eat" Just take the watermelon and cut it measure it and say thats all i get, slowly eat it, you can turn a 1 c experience into 35 min:) I am sure i could go eat a full watermelon also right now:D

All i am saying is measure or limit yourself on what you eat. If you feel you cant, go back to the basics do a day of full liquids...... that should reset the clock for ya:)

I miss ya girle! I have your wildtree order! ALSO, you are doing great!

This is a LIFE long process we all make mistakes, its just our job to try and control the mistakes:)

Thanks Dr.Larios!!! LOL, really I needed that reality check, but can you explain how I can eat 1 whole Noah's Bagel with cream cheese and five 2.5inches chocolate chip anmd walnut Cookies and I medium McDonald's sugar free in one sitting???? I hope my pouch hasn't strectched to oblivion:ohmy:. I do need to stop the self sabotage. I woke up 4 pounds heavier this morning and continued the binge. The truth is that I was not a binger pre-op, it was the quality of food that i had problems with. I will be writing to Dr. Park, this cannot be good!!!

Thanks Tina! I truly feel like I'm in trouble, hell I've worked too hard for this to start back pedaling!

Nicole, I have 6ccs currently. No fills yet.

72 lbs with no fill! Holy moley Reggie, that's so FAB!

OK I finally ate, after taking enough tylenol . . . I sent my son to the store for cottage cheese, he came back with the kind with chives, and you know what? It was GOOD! Ate 1/4 cup, waited, ate another 1/4 cup, waited, finally ended up eating a whole cup & keeping it down. I sure hope this is just a flu, my fever only got to 101 b4 tylenol and i thought fever from the fou was higher? O WHO KNOWS. Going back to sleep now - - except I am up every 10 minutes cause i am drinking so much clear fluids!

Hey Ladies

Finally off work and relaxing.

Riley I might want to trade you dates. I will take the 7th and you can have the 20th!! LOL. I think I am too tight. I am able to drink all my Water no problem eating is another story. But I still am trying to work with it. I think this could be my sweet spot and I hate to get some out of this is gonna work.

Just seriously I have to measure 1/4 a cup cause anything over is a HUGE problem right now. I am fighting eating sliders today. Not hungry at all today. Not even thinking about food. In fact eating is sorta a pain at this point since I get stuck so easy...............I am in the making myself eat something mode so I don't get shaky or sick. I am about 500 calories today and gonna drink a skinny latte and go to bed.................I give up today.

I totally understand about why people eat sliders when they are tight...........I feel like I need to get something in my system and at least yogurt has protien.

I am sorta frustrated today with this whole thing.

And Reggie I gotta tell ya I can't eat the protien very well but the Cookies go down fine so I hear ya!! I think you need a fill though Reggie.

Ok this is how it feels like right after surgery when we were all on the little sipping cups of fluids...........I have the RIGHT AFTER surgery tightness. LIke I think I need to get out the liquids and the measureing cups again...........the tiny measuring cups!!! The THIMBLE measuring cups...................

I think this could be a good thin if I can learn how to get he protien in and keep in down. If I can't than I totally give and need to get some Fluid taken out...........this won't be healthy for me if I can't get my protiens in and to stay in!! LOL>

So anyway I am wore out today!! Imagine having the mindset that I have to eat before I go to bed instead of trying to keep myself from eating.

I have had a very sudden mindset change today..............I am eating to survive, not surviving to eat.

but yesterday I was eating Cookies and today I want nothing to do with eating go figure. This whole thing is making me quite moody................

Tina I feel like I could've written that last post! All of a sudden last night and today my fill seems to have kicked in! I almost got stuck on some fishies this afternoon ( I know I should've have been snacking anyway so maybe that's good thing since I only got about 10 of them down!) and then at dinner tonight I SLIMED for the first time EVER!!!

I made eggs, hashbrowns and bacon for dinner and my plate was just 1 egg fried in Pam, 2 pcs bacon (center cut and only 20 cals a slice) and 1/2 a hashbrown 70 cals (the ones that look like from McDonalds that I baked in the oven). Everything went down fine and about 5-10 minutes later I started getting that stuck feeling and was like "uh oh..." and then I felt like I had a bunch of spit in my mouth!

I stood up over the sink and just kept spitting, but no food came out. I felt like it wanted to come up but it wouldn't and once I actually felt a little gaggy like I was gonna puke! So I stood there over the sink for about 5-10 minutes spitting clear spit into the sink until the feeling passed. Thank god it didn't last very long!!!

I think my problem is that I haven't had to be totally anal about chewing 30 times per bite, but now that I'm 7.5 cc's my band is much tighter and it's reminding me that it's there. I'm GLAD it happened--ONCE--because I know it's really working and I know what sliming is. I don't want it to happen ever again though, lol!

I'm gonna get my measuring cup back out too and make sure I'm eating the right portions. I know it was fine what I ate tonight but I just think I didn't chew enough. I gotta get better at that!

Reggie i seriously think you need a fill. You are still doing great though!

Tina girl im worried about you. Is it worse then it was at lunch? ? I do think eating to survive is nice.. but is it too much??

I feel my fill now i might be at the sweet spot. No sliming or pbing, but especially in the ams, like today I had an egg for bfast and i had to sit back and take a bite let it go down and wait a second before i continued.. Its like your pouch goes dry and forgets what food is.... Lunch though was fine and dinner. I am just tighter in the ams. I do stay full for 4-6 hrs though which is nice.. and im back down to needing 1/3 c protein.. which is nice. I hope it stays JUST like this.

Hi all~ hope everyone had a good day.

I'm glad to be able to read about all your experiences.

wow Reggie you threw down...LOL I know what it's like once you get a binge going. The good thing about binges the go away.

Candra, I can't go ay earlier than the 10th, work is too busy to take off. Plus I told Sara I was looking at early Sept so I guess she's got the timing all figured out.

Tina I try to tell myself that all the time...eat to live not live to eat. I'm getting better but it's hard.

I walked the bridge again tonight...I think my walking is the only reason I haven't gained cuz I can't seem to leave that trail mix alone. I'm in snack hell!

Wow Reggie - 6 ccs in your band from surgery without any fills? Why did they put so much in at surgery? I didn't have 6 ccs until 5 months after my surgery - I am at 7cc now and next month it will be a year since surgery.

I didn't have anything come back up today which is nice - had my 1/4 c chicken salad at lunch and some corn nuts a little later, then 1/4 cup leftover pork for dinner - I was uncomfortable after eating dinner but it passed fairly quickly.

My oldest son and I went to the Teen Skills group at Kaiser this afternoon and it went really well - he liked it much better than the Teen Stress group. It is a four part class. We actually ate a Hershey's kiss using mindful eating. I took the Kaiser mindful eating class years ago.

Pam im so glad he liked it more!

I remember i took a healthy ways class with kaiser they had us eat a raisin mindfully, smell it, touch it, taste it.. ya a raisin! Id much rather eat a hershey kiss mindfully lol

Hey Nicole I am the same as Saturday. No better no worse. Today I was like forget this I have to get the Fluid out but than it got better as the day went on.

I wonder if maybe I was eating more than I was suppose to and got used to that. Maybe if I follow the rules EXACTLY instead of estimating I will do better............

Chris I have to tell you 7.5cc's is scaring me right now. I would be dead I fear!! That makes me hurt inside. Oh and welcome to sliming. Geez I hate slimming.

I think we all hit a good spot together. But think I will say no to another fill unless this change alot.........seems like right before time I loosen up.

But this 500 calorie thing is doing me no favors. I am still the same weight after two low cal days..........I don't think I have it in me to eat 1200 cal of anything right now!! How amazing and frustrating is that?

as long as I can drink Water I am gonna try to make this work. Protien is hard to get down and I agree I need to chew more. That is my goal tomorrow to chew more and see if that works...............

Reggie I am at 6cc's and um.................my band is roaring at me today.............In fact I think my band is showing its teeth today.............. I am happy as a clam now that I gave up on food today!! Band settled down and went right to sleep..............OMG this is what the band is suppose to do............the rest I think was bandster hell or partial restriction.

Yea Reggie if you can eat a bagel you need a fill. The thought of a bagel is enough to do me in...................would never go down.

I hope Dr. Parks lets you come in early. Girl 72 I am so impress. Your like a lap band rockstar!!

Bless Dr. Baggs for only giving me a .5cc fill!! LOL.

Ok I just hope my band doesn't kick in, in two weeks!! OMG what about when Aunt Flowie comes to visit!! LOL. I can't imagine what I would do with it any tighter............someone might get a good, swift kick if that day comes!!

Hi all~ hope everyone had a good day.

I'm glad to be able to read about all your experiences.

wow Reggie you threw down...LOL I know what it's like once you get a binge going. The good thing about binges the go away.

Jes- Yes girl I did throw down and it was good ( all I needed was some bbq pork ribs and I would have been set LMAO)!!! However I think my binge is over after yesterday. I can't afford to stretch my pouch or gain anymore weight. I actually feel like I have retained Water and got to get it out of my system. Dr. Park is not budging I sent her an email and she asked that I call Robin AAHHHHHH!

Nicole and Tina you guys are so right about me being due for a fill. I a 9 weeks post op and my next appointment s not till August 27th.

Tina- I wonder why the cookie goes down so well. My body has not rejected any food yet, that could be bad news lol. I have to laugh or else I will cry.

Riley, thanks for the compliment! I have to hold on!

Morning girls I am in meetings all day today. Gonna be a long day but at least it will be inside where it is cool!!

Riley hope your feeling better!!

Tired today and Breakfast is going slow. Gonna make some Soup tonight and do liquids for a few days. Sounds like a great idea right now.