Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather my daughter did a K9 run last year. It was so cool we got to see the dogs working...........

What day is the 23rd. I might be interested but I would have to walk it...............my knee is a problem.

Yea Nicole today was no fun. But I sorta knew which is why I ordered eggs to be safe!! Just glad it was you ladies and not my co workers. You guys get it they would be sending me home again............LOL!!

Seriously I i will be fine just probably no eating out for the few several days after a fill. I knew that but I wanted to hang out with everyone too!!

Yup i understand that one tina! And you were very smart to get eggs:D Hope it loosens for ya!

Ok girls IM EXHAUSTED. And i think auds is sick or something... so im going to bed... before she wakes me up:)

Nite!

Evening ladies! so many pages, so little time! I just did a quick scan thru but I'm exhausted and need sleep.

NICOLE - I thank you!!! If you didn't call me back I would have never went in to get weighed! Had a great time at dinner with you, Mike & Audrey - she is adorable and you & Mike are just so funny & fun! Thanks!!

Tina - why don't I have your number? Wow, I had no idea that your job is so heartwrenching & stressful, why aren't you an alcoholic yet LOL I want to see you in some smaller pants next month!!!!!!!!!

DONNA - YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB TODAY - WISH I HAD MY CAMERA WITH ME TO GET A SHOT OF YOU IN THAT SWEAT SUIT. INGENIOUS IDEA - GREAT MOTIVATER!!!!!! LOVE YOU!

Welcome Dana!! Good luck on getting approval - tell your Dr. he has your height wrong and you're an inch shorter LOL

Heather - missed you today - everybody was asking for you - Rosy too even though she NEVER gets on to talk to us! I was really looking forward to seein the real thing - 50lbs lost - AMAZING!

Riley Jane, you are missed as always -

Reggie, where are you? Missed you today and I wore my tall tall steve maddens - I had to take them off for the girls today - they had no idea i was so short LOL

Having fun in fresno Jes hahaha. Ok, so thanks for waiting for me :tongue2: we can now move forward together - NO, no CM appt yet. I emailed Dr. fisher who is out till monday but I checked my appts and a new one showed up - it's for the 31st with some nurse and I have No idea what it is for - I didn't make it! So, maybe it has to do with my surgery. All I know is it wasn't there two days ago! Missed you today!

Pammie - you're on a roll, finally - good for you! Love that you went swimming in a PUBLIC PLACE! You go girl!

Sorry to be so absentee lately but, as most of you know I'm helping my friend move and get situated. by the time I get home it's damn near midnight - like tonight - and Im sore & tired.

VickieJ - Great to meet you! I hope i look half as good as you when Im at my goal - you look marvelous, damn near in your 20's again! - it must be a great feeling - thanks for all the good info.

lunch was fabulous ladies! I always enjoy hanging out. Still rootin for a Saturday that Riley can make it! Riley, you crack me up! Reggie - missed you today - did I already say that?

I know there was so many things I wanted to comment & post on while I was reading thru the pages but I have forgotten ! so goodnight and I'll try to talk to you all tomorrow - don't have to move a thing tomorrow - whoo hooo!

Candra, who is the nurse appt with on the 31st? It could be your CM appt! That's scheduled with Liz McLaren in Richmond...how cool would it be if it was already that appt?! You should check again and see who the appt is with!

Sorry I couldn't make it today, this summer has just been really really busy. Everything is kinda dying down now and Sophie will be starting school in 2 weeks, after that I'll be much more available for get togethers and the monthly Kaiser meetings. I miss you all!

Christine, You've been having the summer we all want to have! You've been off enjoying life. That's inspiring too. When will we have another Youtube update?

Hi Ladies, I know nobody is up at this hour. I went to bed so early because I was exhausted, now here I am wide awake. O well.

Chistine you reminded me that I should have emailed DR Park so I went online and she's out until next week. But it's funny I don't see my CM appt on there, wouldn't that show up?

I'm getting a little worried that I'm only .4 lbs below my goal and I don't want to gain. Plus my head is not in it, feeling guilty for falling off the wagon so much lately. I have one more week of exams next week at work so I'll be around a bunch of junk food that I don't want to touch. Plus we order lunch in for the faculty...more carbs. I hate that I don't have more will power.

ok, I'm just rambling....maybe I'll try going back to bed.

Jes I have been up since 3:30 too . . I guess I should have logged on then! Laying around watching Roseanne on the cable . . .happy purring cat on top of me . . foggy & cold out so I'm putting off my walk for a while! Down another lb. this morning, this one took me 8 days! S L O W but steady :tongue2:

Hey Dr. Baggs fans ~ how did your goal weights get set? Did he tell you what your goal should be, or did you just calculate it on your own? If you discussed it with him, who brought it up? He's never said a word to me about what I'm shooting for or what my goal is . . . kinda scared to bring it up because I'm afraid his goal will be lower than mine, LOL!

What are your experiences?

hi riley- I'm back up took a 1 hour nap about 5am. I was wondering about the goal weight. Dr park told me 120 but I just found out my daughter weighs 134 and I can look at her and know I don't want to be anywhere near her weight. (thin) I asked Park what should I weigh and that's what she told me. Anyway I think I'm going for 140-150

That's a good question Riley! I actually asked my PCP because she knows me and my health and has a longer history with me. She also has my mom and 4 of my sisters as patients and she said that the bmi chart says I should be 144 but she knows that on my frame that would be too thin. She says that with how my family holds weight (most of them are thin and weigh more than you would EVER think) that she'd like to see me anywhere between 155-175. I was SO glad to hear that!!!

So, my first goal is to be under 200, then to be 175, and then eventually maybe I can get to 155. 155 seems so impossible to me because I haven't weighed that since high school! I was always an average sized gal and didn't gain weight til after I got married, but even when I was a size 10/12 I still weighed about 165!

I think you should ask your PCP cuz your surgeon is probably just gonna give you the weight that the BMI chart says you should be and that is total crap! BMI charts want us to be anorexic!

When I used an online calculator to set my ideal weight, it gave me 126. HA! I was 126 one time in my life, when I was 17 and popping black beauties (speed), I was SO thin that my hipbones stuck out and were constantly being bruised just from my jeans - NEVER again! My PCP says 138 which is better, but honestly I am still going to have 15 lbs. of redundant skin hanging from my stomach after this is all said and done - so if I add that 15 on to the 138 we are getting close to reasonable. Hey I will accept the 138 if Kaiser will accept paying for that skin to get removed, LOL!

I'd better get out there and walk, the sun is coming out and its gonna be HOT today . . . .

Pant size 7/8 is my ultimate goal . . . I started at 22/24 and 285 lbs., right now at 190 lbs. my 14s are plenty comfortable . . . . so how do you guys figure it, 1 pant size per 10 lbs? So to lose 3 more pant sizes I would have to lose 30 or so more pounds? That would put me right around 155-160, which is what I set for myself . . . I have also always, always weighed more than I look like I do . . . I know I am in a 5 (or, when I was a junior I was in a 5) at 138 lbs. and like I said I'm not going to be able to get there again unless I have this skin (3 c-sections and morbid obesity-caused) surgically removed . . . .

Going to walk to Starbucks for a SF soy latte, and call it good . . .will take the day "off" to clean instead of excercise LOL

I asked Dr. Baggs he didn't bring it up. He wouldn't give me a number but he said 18% -30% BMI is what he is looking for. He said recent studies are showing that 25-30% BMI lives longer than any other BMI. So I figured it out from there. I did tell him that I don't agree with only losing 50% of my weight and he didn't respond to that just gave me the above chart.

So his goal for me is a bit higher than mine.

I was aiming for 150 which I still like at 25BMI. But according to him I would be between 150-180 and still fall in the range he is looking for.

Dr. Baggs if funny he never makes a decision for you. He give you all the data and lets you do it yourself.

I am gonna go for 30FMI first or 180 and than see how I feel.......that is only 31 pounds more. I am guessing it won't be enough for me but at least I would be in a good range and I can go down more from there..............

But yep I asked I just had to know............I changed my ticker to 180 cause it makes me happier to see that number.........but I sorta think I won't be ok with only that.

Candra I am pretty sure that is your CM appointment!! In 4 days no less!!!

If that is true you might have surgery before the end of August. OMG see how fast it goes at the end..........not time to think or worry to much............it flies..............