Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh and Tina i can feel my band a lil more also, well not earlier but right now, lol, im layin down tryin to drink some cocoa and i hear the lil bubbles lol, i think its funny i open my mouth to hear them.... Ive never heard them before so its kinda nifty. :D I hopppppe i have some restriction come next week when the fill kicks in, maybe not so bad to where i cant eat cause i always wanna be able to eat.. but to stay full for 4 hrs and have a stopping trigger would be nifty:D

OH riley! Robin said dont count calories burned against calories exercised or you will get frustrated over not loosing weight. Something with it not evening out. Weired huh.

Hey NIcole I am just bored and tired of being home today. Trying to check in between court reports.........

I have been working from home for almost four days now. I am bored!! If I am on the computer I am not in the kitchen!! LOL.

The eye drops make me sleepy and I used alot before I came into the building to make the red go down so I could survive a couple of hours!! LOL. I thought Robin would have a fit if I drifted off.........as it was I was doodling to stay awake and she noticed!! LOL. I was like whatever I can't do this today............Dr Baggs said I should go home and keep taking the meds until they were gone. So I can blame him for me leaving early!!

Edited by swrktp

Hi there late niterz...

Nicole u are so funny with your descriptive noises, lol. I also enjoyed the pic u text me, hoping to show one of those soon! Glad to hear you are feelin the restriction, am learning mine kick in about 1.5+ week, once done. You are coming Sat, right? Just wanted to ck in, will be excited to get 'the' oil from Wildtree! But also wanna see u there, lunch after??? :D

Donna your ticker is going up!! YOur losing again.......quietly losing!!

Excited to see what your doing Saturday!! I will probably go to lunch with you guys. My daughter is probably gonna be with her friends so just me this time!!

Pam bring your kids!! I am a single mom too and I bring my daughter when I need to. She likes you all by the way. Especially you Nicole she thought you were fun she always asks if "Nickie" will be there??

Candi I want to try to come to your party!! Michaela has plans alreadythe same day( and I am the taxi) but she wants to come to and is gonna try to get her friends to change the date so we can both come.........can she come I need to ask??

Well this is weird, i just got a card in the mail for Dr. Baggs on the 20th in Pinole at 1:45, and another card same day for Robin in Richmond on August 7th! What is up with THAT?!?! I'm not doing it twice! I think maybe they slotted me in the August 20th because it was close to 2 months out, then cancelled me from that one what I got a new fill appt. on the 7th, because when I go online it shows Robin at 3:30 and Dr. Baggs at 4:30, both in Richmond on the 7th. As you guys know I have started gaining again and I can't wait until the 20th for another flippin' fill! I only have 4.5 for pete's sale. . . .

This is a great group of women! Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Today I met with my GP and because I'm at 38 BMI he is trying really hard to get me approved-LOVE HIM! He's at the Petaluma Kaiser, Dr. Gonzales. He had me get some x-rays (knees and hips) and if there is arthritis then no questions asked I should get approval, if not well, I don't want to go there.

I'm hopeful at this point. He scheduled my orientation for mid August in Sacramento. He also said the Richmond center is not doing surgery anymore? Would that make the center for me in SF? I live in Cotati.

A little bio on me: been dieting since I was 12, up and down weight, treated for Binge Eating Disorder 3 years ago and have dieted very little since because I binge if I feel deprived. If not dieting I'm not binging. Go figure.

I have lots of questions for real people like you ladies but won't ask them all at once as to overwhelm you.

First question: when you drink liquid does it just go down into the lower pouch or do you fill up on liquid? I drink a lot of Water.< /span>

Thanks again for making me feel welcome,

hot42

Hot42, I live in Santa Rosa and that Kaiser has been told to refer their folks to SSF now rather than Richmond. My PCP had not heard that, so he went ahead and referred me to Richmond. Here's the secret: you can go to any Kaiser facility that offers the program that you want! They have a required into class now - probably what you are scheduled for Sacto for, although they also have it in Santa Rosa (but may not have one before the Sacto one), THEN you go to orientation at one of the No Cal centers that does the surgery - there are only 4, Richmond SSF Fresno and 1 more I can't think of, but it's NOT sacramento. You can chose . . .they will schedule you for SSF,m and you can go there or you can call when you get your orientation appt. card and ask to be transferred to Richmond.

Unkless a lot has changed!

There was some confusion yesterday with scheduling appointments. Apparently Dr. BAggs can't schedule appointments inthe comptuer. He has to call Kelly to schedule them and she was not answering her phone yesterday so he told me to plan on the 20th but that he would have to follow up with Kelly to get me on the list.

Riley of course I want you to come on the 2oth but that might be to long for you to wait.

Just got up and I am having to drink my Water slow today. If I drink to much I feel the pouch all full and that that not another bite feeling............from water, seriously!! Things might be different this fill I haven't tried to eat yet waiting until after 10:30 this morning.....

I am upping the exercise this month to see what happens. AIming for 6 days a week for at least 30. I want to see if that helps the number take a dive faster. I want to lose 11-12 this time and get under 200 or at least 204 and 50 down. Gonna be hard so I can't have any mess up days.............LOL

OMG I just finished my calorie count from yesterday, I ate over 1400!!! yikes! And I thought I was being SO good! No wonder the scale has not moved down, LOL - that is awful!

Yeah I need a fill. I miss that feeling I had for about 2 weeks after the last group one. I want that feeling again! Not PBing, just eating very little, being able to stop (cause yiou KNOW it will hurt if you don't!), and then not even THINKING about food again for 4-6 hours. I want that back! Right now I'll say to my son, "what do you want for dinner i'm starving," and he'll be like, l"ook at the clock mom, it has only been 2 hours since we had lunch! I don't want anything, I'm still full from lunch, " and I'll be like, "well you little turkey, did you steal my lap band???" :D

I have done that took Riley!! I am always surprized how many calories things have it you don't check them out first. Than they are already in your stomach and have to be counted.

HOT: liquids pretty much go into the little pouch and than trickle through to the big pouch pretty fast. They discourage liquid calories cause they dont' keep you full. WHen your adjusted you get a funnel feeling as the Water goes down.

HOT: the binge eating could be a problem with the lap band. You definetely are on a life long diet with the bariatrics program. IF that makes you binge eat than this might be difficult. YOu wil have to pass a psych evaluation and they specifically focus on eating disorders. I don't think they would deny you but my guess is that you have to be in treatment or counseling to address the binge eating.........that concerns me it could be a problem!!

So i think my fill might be workin ??? I ate bfast probably somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs down in the lobby... well.. i ate that over an hour ago and i feel like i just finished it. I did drink Water and got the over full feeling, so i think i might have to wait an hour and half before drinking for a lil while???

We went in the spa and to get there u gotta go thru the bfast area and everyone so i put on my bathingsuit and was like what the hell ill try mikes pants on lol... i putthem on and he was not happy needless to say.. i have NEVER been able to wear the mans jeans, i swear to god i could hold them out 5 inches infront of me! Freakin hillarious! He didnt think it was so funny lololol:D

I am SOOO tired! Audrey wouldnt sleep in her pack n play so i pulled her on the bed.. she kept wakn every single hour! sooo tired!

So we will run to six flags for a couple hours then home then the wild tree partyh then home to my big comfy bed.

I was thinking what better way to have fun and exercise then a disney trip... anyone else up for it?

Morning ladies! I'm so excited to have Breakfast, and curious how much restriction I'll feel yet if any. Last fill it took about a week to notice the biggest change, but I still could tell a difference the day after, just not as much as later in the week.

I love the day after a fill! I was 233.4 yesterday morning on my scale and today I'm 229.6! Almost 4 lbs lost overnight!!! I'm gonna keep it off this time! No more vacations for a while and I'm just finishing my period so the Water retention is almost gone too.

I can't wait to be solidly in the 220's and to be well in to the 70's and on the way to 80's (pounds lost).

I'm gonna go make some breakfast, talk to ya later!

Chris that is great!! That sorta shows it was Water weight if you can lose it so fast..........I think anyway!!

I am down one pound today but that is just the pound I had at home that I lost on the Kaiser scales!! LOL.

Yea my fill kicked in last time at about two weeks. The first couple of days I felt it than it loosened up and than the last two week before yesterdays fill I was just full all day.............like really full but I didn't eat much. Not complianing but weird to get to the end of the day and have to remember to eat. I hope it lasts. I blamed my period but Dr. Baggs said lots of his patients say it kicks in more and more with time.

Dr. Baggs said it normal for it to really kick in up to a week to two weeks after the fill........

Ladies I am loving my band!!!

Edited by swrktp

Loving mine too Tina! I'm sure you're right, it's probably all Water weight, but I'll take it! With all the trips we've taken and the splurging I've done I haven't been under 230 in a couple weeks! I just didn't want to change my ticker cuz it was hella depressing.

I just ate 1/4 cup of cream of wheat w/ a little bit of better 'n Peanut Butter in it (i know, i know, but I always do a day or 2 of mushies after a fill) and I'm totally full! I haven't gotten full off a 1/4 cup of food in forever, and this is coming after a day with NO food at all!

Maybe this will be the fill where I really start to feel like I have a lapband!

Chris I agree I hate changing my ticker up so I usually don't!! BUt than it bugs me cause it isn't right......I just keep hoping it will go back to the lower number!!

I had had to change mine up a few times.........:-(

I'm hoping to not EVER see my ticker to UP again! But--I promise to change it for the better or worse. If I'm going to be accountable for my weight loss or gain, what better place to do it than here!?