Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

yea Riley scary times. Not good news at all for us either. We were warned if the State did this that things were gonna get really bad...........more layoffs in September and probably December.............I think the county is getting ready to start the layoffs ASAP though.......................I am stressing but trying to get plan B together.

Heather I also have the 9/80 schedule and love it. But 4/10's would be great since I work alot of 10's anyway. We hear that they are gonna take the 9/80's away though with all the layoffs we are getting to short staffed to have people out on Fridays and Mondays.

see everyone tomorrow since I am no longer contagious I passed my 48 hours. But I think I will probably head home early tomorrow after my fill and not wait around............I need to catch up from missing work on Tuesday. I did work from home today and ended up putting in way more than my 9 hours........how does that work?? Quiet at home and time flies. GOt more done than at the office though........

Edited by swrktp

Me too on the 9/80! No 4/10s for me tho, was forced to do that when I worked for a city once and I just CAN'T. I am stupid after 4 o'clock! I get reved up again for night meetings, but between about 3:30 and 6:30 I am OUT of it. no brain function. zippo. I just blank everything.

Going to bad - yes this early! Away from my nice bed and CPAP for 3 nights, now I have them back and I can't wait!

Het why did everyone stop posting what they ate? That was some good accountability right there!

tomorrow ladies but no looking forward to getting up early and the ride over..............gonna try to take off right after the fill I need to get back to Sacramento and work if possible tomorrow!!

OH candra i so didnt get your post about dinner, i woulda loved that youshoulda seen us driving around searching for dinner.. not a fun picture.. :D BUT we are staying in town for a lot of tomorrow.. id love to see ya, and we could meet up tomorrow night?

Riley what did baggs say about a sooner fill? Glad you had fun camping, not sure if you read my story lol so glad u covered the fun for both of us:D Sorry about ur food issues... only time i have a tough time with bread is when i try to eat a bread roll, like subway kind.. but it just gives me a pain for about 1 min then goes down. Im sure after i hit my sweet spot it prob wont..

I am gonna start posting my food again here after the fill.. i have been under a lot of depression lately so staying at my weight has been NO FUN.,..

OHHH

we got the email.....

Elie emailed mike and told him temporarily they are closing the position, because of financial hardships and will be contacting him as soon as it opens back up, and that he feels bad and yadda freakin yadda. IM DONE< im soooo done! I can't handle this anymore! 3 more weeks till hes open to go back to intel and as long as daves not a dick thats where hes going i just hate that we have to do this. Why why why.,.. apparantly god doesnt want us in san jose..... :thumbup: Between my family drama and the work drama i cant stop crying these last two days.. i hope we get a break.

ok love ya girls see some of ya tomorrow!!!:eek:

hugs

HI, today is my first doctor’s appointment and I'm hoping to get a recommendation for surgery. Not sure if Kaiser will approve. My BMI is almost 37 and I'm pretty healthy. Had an IUD for almost 5 years and just found out that's what probably caused my 50 pound weight gain? Now the weight just won't budge.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get approval? :thumbup: Any help/tips would be apprecitated.

Thanks,

hot42

Hi Hot 42...

Well you probably wont get the referal. It is 35bmi with co morbidities, or 40 without. I wouldnt recommend gaining the weight to get here either... the surgeons will say something:D

BUT, dont freak me out about the iud lol, i got one of thsoe. Keep meaning to get hte sucker out but im afraid of drs lol..

Let us know how your appt goes:D

The IUD I had was a Merina and because it has pregesterone it CAN make you gain weight-no one told me this. After I had it removed my ob/gyn told me, yes, it's possible.

Removal is a piece of cake! You feel nothing, honestly. When I had it put in the pain was unbearable-I'm a wuss.

Thanks for the tips on approval.

hot42

Nobody's getting my Mirena out!!

Hot42, criteria for referral from Kaiser are like Nicole said - BMI of 35 + 2 comorbidities (sleep apnea, high blood pressure, diabetes); OR BMI of 40 or more; OR 100 lbs. overweight. I qualified under all 3! I tried to qualify a few years back when I was only at 37 BMI and was told no, I gained weight (yes, from the Mirena!) over the next few years, plus high blood pressure, finally had sleep apnea diagnosed. I have no problem losing with the Mirena BTW, but then I have had it for almost 3 years so probably not the same effects that it had on me earlier.

Oh Nicole that SO SUCKS!!! Jeez did they jack you around long enough or WHAT???

Going to try and stay on no carbs today and LOTS of water/liquids to see if I can get rid of this crap that I put back on camping! yes it was a TON of fun, but not sure it was worth the weight gain! If it comes back off easy then it was; but it took me so long to lose it that I don't want to go through akk that again! Then it will be NOT worth it.

Good Morn Ladies...Shout out to the Sisters gettin their fills on! Welcome to the thread Hot42, hope appt goes well!

Will look forward to hear how it went today for all of you...

Just wanted to mention again...(& lovely Reggie who asked)

This Sat...Kaiser Support meeting 7/25th @ 11:00 - 1:00PM

Kaiser Point West Bldg, off of Arden Exit, 1650 Response Rd.

Planning on a late lunch also afterwards...who can go?

Hope you all having a healthy Thursday of choices! :thumbup:

Good morning Donna!

I miss all my ladies on here this morning! Hurry back & tell us 'bout your fills!!!

Donna - I will be there on Saturday and going to lunch afterwards too. I might have to bring my daughter who is almost 10. Is that ok?

Hi Hot42, Welcome! I have a great doctor who just referred me anyway without all the drama - it can't hurt to ask! If not, don't worry, we have a pre op, 1200 cal diet we can share with you - most of the ladies lost a whole lot of weight on it! Just not me :thumbup:

Riley, I certainly don't jog more than you!! I onlyl do the c25K 3 days a week and can't get past week 3! I think I'm too fat and out of shape to exercise LOL

Donna, my love, you know i"ll be there and ready to eat. Thank you for all you do - keeping the group going and all! I would be about 25lbs bigger if not for you all!

Hope the fill is going well! Nicole - I'm around - call me! I don't seem to have your number so if anybody on here does please PM it to me. Anybody else want to hook up? I'm home, on my butt, doing nothing - oh, but I got my nephew with me. Sorry you're so sad and that Elie needs a slap in the face!

Pam - bring your daughter! I, for one, don't care!

all these job layoffs would just stress me out to no end! Too many of you work for the county/state, etc.!! Grrr.

Hi again ladies, Candra u totally Italian woman! lol

Yes Pam, absolutely, anytime ladies need to bring children, join us, we are there for one another! (If no one else minds)

Candra will pm number...hope they are doing well!

Fill went great, i just love seeing the nurse and dr baggs they make me feel so empowered and good about myself:D I got 1cc. Im gonna email for the exact number that im up to for my blogs, i coulda swore he said 7.8 but im gonna make sure cause i thought i only had 6.3 last time.. so ill post more on that later:D No pain lots of laughs:)

We have to go to san jose:( mikes temp agency there wants to meet him in person ahhh:( so candra ill call on the way back up if we are around here during the day time.. we are thinking of staying another nite up here. Since we aregettn jipped out of park time:(

Im gonna figure this all out ill be back on laters:D