Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Makes sense Candra but the weight/exercise things is very interesting!! So that might be why Riley can't lose when she get "crazy" with her exercise!! She slowed it way down and than lost..............

YEa age does slow the metabolism down is what my doc said........but I agree that some of us start slow. Nicole I also didn't lose well in high school. I gained even with PE everyday and sports. In college if I fastes for a few days I would go down fast. But now I could do the same thing and wouldn't lose a thing........than I went to greece for a year and hated their food!! and lost like 40 pounds in about five weeks. That would never happen now. But I was also told all these ups and downs and not eating like I did messed my metabolism up. Dr. Baggs was saying that when you spend years dieting that you get the insulin resistence thing..................and than it really is hard to lose. He explained it more complicated than that by it is some chemical thing that goes with being fat!! I am sure I have/had all the insulin mess when I started.................hopefully it gets less and less as I lose.

Ok I am working from home today but I do think I will be fine coming to Pinole tomorrow. I wil just probably leave once I am done so I can get back to work tomorrow........

Mike and I are heading out to Six Flags, we are staying in American canyon so i dont have to drive 2.5 hrs to get to the fill in the morning.. Less tempted to get a coffee again that way. AND i am wearing the exact same outfit, because according to my scale i am still at 185 meaning im only down 4 lbs! AND i need every one of those lbs to show tomorrow:(

I put a pony tail in my darling lol too funny.. OH we are also going to 6flags tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

My drs have told me i have always had a dead metabolism, because yeah never being able to loose even on dr authorized diets, and unlike you tina i could do a Water diet or all vegie or Atkins, and guess what, i never lost a damn pound.. but that is all in the past i am ready for my future!

AND the excersize and weight loss sooo makes since! I also find though if you under workout you also dont loose, somehow we are supposed to find the happy medium lol.:lol: GO US!

Ok im ready to go...:) Have fun girls see ya in the morning 9:30 right??

DONNA, your comin right??

Oh Christine! You are gonna be proud of me:D Atleast if i remember right you will...

We used Hotwire for our hotel room this time:) Priceline got on my nerves lol....:lol:

Hey Nicole have fun at Six Flags!!

Nicole your close to goal so 4 is really good. I think they will be happy with that. I only lost 5-6 depending on what the scale says in the morning........LOL. I think that is about right for use slow losers!! I lost 8 the first fill, only two the second fill, and now 5-6 this fill. I hope with a bit more of a fill I can be under 200 for the next fill........your good!!

Ok ladies tomorrow morning than..........

I'm so ready to just be banded! I'm hoping the initial weight loss from surgery & the liquid diet afterwords will get me to a point where i can actually see the difference and go down a pant size!

Have fun Nicole - I live a few blocks from Six Flags! Maybe we can do a double date for dinner tonight or something - however, six flags can really wear you out - you'll, most likely, be pooped later. Call me if you're up to it.

Candra the thing with the band is that it does give you a jump start and it does give you restriction so it helps.

I only lost like 10 pounds after surgery but it was enough to make me feel good, go down a size and also get to my lowest weight in 12 years!! Not I am down another 8 and while is it slow I have gone down three sizes so that give me motivation to keep going.........this last fill has been a good one. Not quite my sweet spot but I definetely get full sooner than before and 5 down in four weeks is good for me...........

The band is worth it. I wish I was in vacaville tonight!! I would love to go out with y'all!! LOL. I still need to stay inside until tomorrow to make sure my eye infection is clearned up otherwise I would drive over tonight so I don't have to get up so early tomorrow...........

Who is coming tomorrow??

Edited by swrktp

ooh wee, Tina, 10lbs would get me down to 195! I haven't been below 200 in about 4 years now. I want the weight loss to be a little slow - faster than it is now but slower than RNY - I like that my skin & body have a chance to keep up with the fat loss - might not really mean anything medically but mentally it makes me feel like my body will be in sinc with itself and perhaps the skin will have some time to shrink with it. I did put on a pair of jeans today that were like spandex on me before orientation so that's nice - I have room to breathe in them - they are 13/14 (shhh! - they are apple bottoms so they run big - fit like 16/18 but don't tell anybody - the fact that the lable says 13/14 makes me feel smaller - LOL)

Wish you were in Vacaville too - Vallejo would be better - but you need to get that eye all better for tomorrow. I would love to get a fill with you :lol:

Jes, are you waiting for me still?? hahaha

Candra you have gone down alot. I am looking at your total weight lose...........OMG you have lost alot already. Ok so you weight less than me by 5 pounds aleady!! No fair cause at 10 pounds down I will be 200.....ok so I need to lose 11 actually that is my next goal!! than 199 yea!! The smallest I have been was in grad school in 2002 at 179!! I remember because I got stuck at 179 .............I was so stressed out with grad school and working full time I couldn't eat. Once I graduate and got a job I gained it all back and another 50 in about 2 1/2 years time.................arrghh..........

I think I need to exercise more cause my eating is good right now..............

Edited by swrktp

I'm home . . . . . . exhausted, but home! 4 days of dust and swimming in the Russian River, which LOOKS clear but . . .who knows?? It was a BLAST. But I ate and drank WAY too much and did not exercise nearly enough - gained 2 lbs. back :-( but hopefully that will be gone again by the end of the weekend. OH I loved having my skinny little self out there doing EVERY and any activity I wanted!!! Loved it loved it loved it.

food was an amusing adventure, they would like fry up my veggie sausage patties for me - in the same pan/fat as the pork ones, LOL! Tasted good tho :-) Every single dinner, I ate SOMEthing that did not go down, and I was up walking around, jumping up and down, pounding myself in the chest, actually PBed only once but sheez . . . . bread is a big fat NO for me - I had already learned that one, but apparently I needed to learn it again . . . . Pasta is a big no, veggie chicken patties also a no unless I put something (like chili!) on them. . . but I can eat chips & salsa like a champ! Potato salad too, that one I did NOT need to know about. I need to wean myself back off of carbs now!!!

Going to go read some posts from the last 4 days & drive my son to get a signature for school . . . . . type to yal later

welcome back Riley. Wish you were coming tomorrow.

So sounds like the state has a budget but they are borrowing from the counties which means more layoffs in Sacramento in September. Arrghhh..................working from home today and I still mange to get the bad new!! LOL.

Ok so back on Water today all day. Haven't been to hungry the last few days so that has been nice. Figuring out what my lightest clothes are for tomorrow!! I like my jean capris but not for tomorrow.............and ladies I am getting coffee on the way over there!! LOL. My tradition...........no food after about 6pm tonight but coffee in the morning for sure............LOL

Hello Ladies,

Is there a point west meeting this Saturday?

Reggie

That's right! Meeting at Kaiser Point West this Saturday!

I have to leave early because my class was changed to a bbq at my teacher's house on Saturday. I have to present my paper. Better get started on that. So glad I have tomorrow off! Of course, I've already scheduled my day... totally over scheduled. Dentist appt, Water aerobics (1st time), stop by parents house, stop by aunt's house, costco, Laundry, Meet with Financial Aid lady at school. I'll fit the homework in there somewhere! I wish I worked 4 10s instead of the 9/80. I'm thankful I have at least a 9/80, but only 1 day every 2 weeks- it just doesn't come around enough!

Thanks Tina, I wish I was coming tomorrow too so I could see all you guys! I had enough issues camping tho that I am pretty sure I don't want a fill again yet, LOL. I just need to follow the rules better again! And I get a fill in early August.

You girls are jogging way more than I am, I am not doing C25K I just walk 400, jog 400 (steps) walk 500, jog 500 so actually am spending more time walking than jogging! I do not plan to run a whole 5K though, I just jog some of my walk for 1) cardio and 2) to get it done faster! As long as your young joints hold up to it, I say GO FOR IT! woot, woot! But you will still see this old lady at the Lake Tahoe Marathon!!

Yes we will definatly have another round of layoffs, probably 2 more this fiscal. Already have 8 days mandatory furlough now last week were told we were also getting a 10% pay cut on top of that (4 less hours a week) and the union is saying its OK to go to 80% as long as they get to preserve some damn thing that olaw enforcement or someone wants but I don't give a crap about. Hate my union right now! Cities of Petaluma and Ronert Park have already completely eliminated their planning departments, really bad news for me since I'm a planner. Have not been in to the office yet to hear the news but may be real depressed 2morrow!