Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey, Jes - it will all be fine

Tina, hope you feel better soon!! Pink eye sucks!

Heather, I have two friends that are pharmacists - they have been having ALOT of missing pain meds lately!! two totally different pharmacies! How bout some type of embezzlement - stealing drugs from the pharmacy and selling them on the street - inside jobs - I hear Viccodin goes for about $3.00 per pill. That would be the only thing I got up my sleeve :bored:

Got my endocrinologist appt today - I decided not to weigh in and use that weight as it isn't until 1:30 in the afternoon and I was starving this morning - so I broke down and weighed myself before I ate - believe me I was prepared to go bullistic and break my scale but it was a little merciful to me:

So, I have .6 to go. Actually more like 2.6 because kaiser won't let me weigh in butt naked! I think weighing in the morning was a good idea becaue today is my husbands birthday and he wants to go see Harry Potter tonight - POPCORN! - but I feel encouraged since I finally lost that 4 pounds I was struggling with - just got the .6 and I don't want to jeapordize that with some tasty popcorn. I find that having a cup of coffee helps distract me when he's eating junk - now I just got to figure out how to have it without milk or soy milk adding those little extra calories! They need to come up with a "diet" milk - fat free, sugar free, calorie free - like Diet coke!

Nicole, I'd love to get away - camping - but not this weekend!

That's great Jess and Candra - you are both on your way. Perserverance wins the prize.

I am going to the support meeting at Point West Kaiser this Saturday and then to lunch with my gals afterwards. Who else will be there on Saturday?

I had my 1/4 c chicken salad for Breakfast and for lunch and a couple of bites of nectarine in between. I had vegetable Soup and half a piece of garlic bread last night at the restaurant and amazingly nothing came back up.

Where is everyone?

Oh I am home from work today but working on paperwork from here. I have an eye infection from my contacts I think.....going to kaiser later today to find out what is going on. I thought it was pink eye but now they think my contact has a small tear and that it is what caused the problem. i didn't see or feel it until my eye was already red...........I had to throw out my contacts and get new one today. I just have to get rid of this red eye so I can go back to work and get to Pinole on Thursday.........I am taking an antibiotic soo hopefully by tomorrow I will be good as new...............but today it is redder than yesterday . Maybe a little worse before better?? I hope.

I am still working from home but not getting credit for it!! LOL. I just don't want to get behind and I have my lap top from work here so I am typing court reports today..............

Just can't go out because I look crazy with one red eye and one normal one........

Edited by swrktp

I can't change my ticker just yet. Boo. I'm back up a few pounds. I think it's just my cycle messing with me. I lost throughout the aunt's visit, and now am back up a few. When I'm solidly at 50 lbs lost, you better believe I'm changing that ticker. But, I saw the 50lbs lost on the scale, so I know I'll be there soon.

Oh candra you are there!!! Wow!!! Yea!!

You and Jes will get your surgery around the same time!!!

Just stopping by to say hello - I have orientation in exactly 1 week woo-hooo!! and I did verify that I WILL be weighed in, after someone told me I wasn't. I don't know about you guys before your orientation but I have been eating so bad, almost like a good bye LOL!!

haha Tamra, I did the same thing - It was like a panic or something. You'll get over it quickly. Just don't do too many carbs or it will be real hard to stop!

Hi Tina - I just got back for the endocrinologist - don't waste your time! Actually, It was just a waste of my time because I already did all the blood tests a year ago and she said that I was "normal". But she said, you'll love this... you and I are like the Prius - we burn fuel efficiently and that's why we don't lose so fast as oppose to Heather who is like the Tahoe that just guzzles that fuel up and spits it out! Of all times to be efficient LOL. Heather, not implying that you aren't efficient!! Just that you're burning fuel faster :thumbup: That broad made me weigh in anyway so after a big ol jug of Water & 1/2c tuna salad I weighed 206.9 Grr! Almost 2 whole pounds!!

The eye sounds painful!

Yep I had all the test in November and they could not find anything except BP and cholesetoral.................I won't waste my time......

Yep i am a slow burner for sure!! Is that age related I sorta think so. The fastest losers seem to be the youngest...........

I am finally losing just really, really slowly......ready for a fill again.

Yeah, I think it has to be age related. I use to lose weight alot faster when I was younger. I could drop 20lbs in a month if i set my mind to it - of course, I'd gain 30 back! Now I can't seem to drop 2 pounds in a month LOL.

Today is the hubby's b-day - I think I said that earlier.. Anyway, we are off to see Harry Potter - going to try to sneek in a cup of coffee so I can resist the popcorn a little easier! will talk to ya'll later

Candra woo hoo! Alright it sounds like we will be having surgery around the same time. I'm so excited for both of us. Happy B-day to hubby.

I know for a fact it's harder to loose the older we get. It must be a hormone thing, argh.

anyway why is everyone so quite lately? I'm trying to loose more weight for cushion so I've kicked my exercise program into high gear, walked the bridge tonight with my daughter. She's going to be my support person throughout so she's going to go with me all week.

Ok so im gonna probably get yelled at lol, but i dont think age has as much to do with it as we think.. here is why...

Riley... Me and Riley were at the EXACT same Orientation, meaning we started the same day. Yes her surgery was a couple weeks ahead of me, but she is still loosing steadily faster then me, and here is the thing.. she is not 24... So ladies.. it can be done!:)

ALSO, Christine is a star weight loss we know this.. she also is not 24....

I think it has more to do with, what we are all eating, how much we are all working out, and how much we are doing what each individual body needs. Hence why im playing with the same darn 2 lbs for the same 2 weeks.. just like the rest of everyone.

Heather is doing Awesome, but i would not credit it to her age at all.. that is just not fair to do. Because i hate to say something I HAVE NEVER been able to loose weight, that is why i was 12 years old and considered obese already... For 12 years i dieted.. NEVER could loose more then 15 lbs.. which wasnt even 10%.. It just all stuck, only time i lost 30 is after i had my baby from the time i got prego till the time i had her i lost a 34 extra lbs.. but then gained it back in the first year:)

Sorry i havent been on ive been very stressed out lately. Lots of family stuff going on. Keep your prayers up Elie said we will here by friday. I am just hoping he gets anything at this point..:thumbup::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::thumbup::crying::ohmy::crying::):crying::):crying::):crying:

Candra Jess, i am so proud of both of you! You guys are gonna be banded SOOOOO SOON! I can taste it;)

Nicole, we would never yell at you.

It DOES, however, have to do with age in the manner that as you get older your metabolism slows naturally - BUT it slows down from where you started. I have always been a slower loser than a few of my friends and even now, they can't lose it as fast as they use to but still faster than me. Does that make sence. Like on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being the slowest) I started around a 6 and have slowed to a 4. Where as my 1 friend started at a 9 and is now around a 5 (she slowed way way down) - This is how the endocrinologist explained it. Basically saying that just because it takes me longer to lose it now, doesn't mean I can't lose it! Oh, and she said that exercise will NOT take weight off - but It does keep you from putting weight on. This is why when you exercise too much your weight loss slows - because it is keeping you from getting in calories which puts your body into famine mode. ..Just what I learned yesterday...

So I did NOT have any popcorn last night and it wasn't too hard because I had a purpose for NOT eating it. smelled really good though :lol:

hope your family stuff works itself out soon and Elie calls ASAP

So Jes, you're gonna wait for me then LOL It will take me a while to lose this last couple of pounds.