Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Riley you have to crate some stuff. Im not vegetation but I know how to make up a dish with my favorite on program foods. lentil or tofu salad? put them in little 1/2 cup containers so it's alway grab and go. You can be hanging out with them by the campfire with your little container and a cocktail with your no carb mix and no one will no the difference.

so many people going camping...we should really get a trip going. Have fun and don't worry about the others or being embarrassed. and if you do PB blame it on the heat!

Sounds like everyone is having fun this weekend. Mydaughter is coming home today................excited about that.

Ah my aunties i hear so I guess that explains the gaining a pound. I hope in a couple of day I will drop it a couple more. I am doing good with the eating so far this weekend..........

Thanks Jes! And OMG, that is a GREAT idea, a group camping trip! Healthy eating, lo-carb mixers and you only have to go as far as the bushes to PB!! LOL, seriously! Let's do it. One weekend in early September? Anybody wanna go? WHERE do we wanna go? OMG THIS IS GONNA BE FUN! Anyone know a place we can still get reservations? I will check up in the redwoods & rivers, but I know the coast is booked into next summer. I can tent OR RV camp, don't care

Oh and let's pick someplace with great hiking trails! We will probably LOSE weight on our little mini-vacation, LOL!

Woo-hoo, Hendy Woods has spaces, September 11-13 . . .but filling fast. It's my favorite for families, great places for them to bike and BEAUTIFUL hiking trails! On the Navarro River . . although it will no doubt be very low this drought year, close to the coast and fab! Hendy Woods SP

Good morning Tina! I hope Auntie doesn't stay too long this time!

OK folks, I'm off to camping! Type to ya Tuesaday :-)

I love you girls.. yeah Riley you saw me online and here is why:(

Thursday: We get to camping its all good VERY hot.... 103 hot.. well my baby is hot red in the face.. etc etc.. Diarrhea diapers up my kazoo..

Friday: we decide to come home for a couple hours because she got NO sleep.. and is still having diarrhea diapers.. So we were home from 9:30- 2.. go back with some ice. Audrey is a ok warm but fine for the rest of the nite, goes down to bed EASY as pie.

Saturday... things are progressing, more diarrhea less water... We decide to wait till noon (heat) to go back home (35 min drive) She hangs out and plays with cuz and the older kids.. We go home she naps for a long time, cools off seems fine.. maybe 2 pee pee diapers all day Saturday.. We go back at 5, on the way i picked up pedialyte for her and my sisters baby.. she plays in the lake and goes down just fine.

We stay up till about 12 when im bored and decide to just go to bed since my cousins are boring me... I am pretty much the outcast and it is worst now that i am the second skinniest person in the group.. and i thought it was bad when i was heavy! They prefer my sister and that sucks.. kinda hurts but what can i do:)

Well at 3 am my life ends on this campin trip... i wake up to my daughter vomiting and choking on her vomit! IT is everywhere, and she cant catch her breath.. of course we can not find the flashlight just can smell it and hear her. So being the carring mom i am i grab mysoaked child (stinky) and we sit there debating what to do... we take a potty break walk and then as im going down the hill i trip and fall on my leg scratching it all up. I do know my predom side, my hand and leg on the right is done for a lil while.. both swollen from injuries and miserable.. are we allowed to take ibprofen?? I didnt think so so i didnt...

Well we get back from the porta pottys (btw girls we can all squat in a porta potty so easily now its no prrrroblem at all. Well my sister got woke by audrey, and is asking if we are ok by this moment im in tears and audreys in tears and vomiting again:( my sister then wakes up to help us pack up cause we need auds to drink pedialyte and everytime she does back up it comes.. So she sits with auds then we pack up, oh my packin in the dark lol is a workout and the car gets one too cause its a DISASTER:)

Well we made it home by 6.. auds let me sleep till 8... now im up and dead... and she still smells funky.. ate about 1/4 a yogurt and is rejecting her juice still:( I am so mad at my "family" some of them woke and got out and stared but never even tried to offer to help:(

So yep you did see me online ive been to depressed/stressed out to post:( And my hand is swollen so its not fun to type. I told mike that tomorrom the swelling in my leg needs to be gone so i can do my run lol. How funny the priorities i have now...

Riley your going camping today right?

The best thing i brought was Shish kabobs.. oh wait ur vegitarian.... well on with my story, cause its vegies and meat healthy and as big of a portion as i want:D BTW out of the 6 bears, i had.. drum roll please.. 1. :wink2: Last night also.. oh man:(

So much Water but i am dehydrated considering im diein of thirst. Trhe only bad thing i had with food the whole trip is well i had a smore but i dont think of that as bad lololol:) but we brought a bag of laysfor mike and i had some i said what the heck. I did not gain on the trip though just maintained, that works for me:)

So yes ill go camping not in this heat though my daughter cant do it. I would be more enthusiastic but read above and you will see why there are no caps or smilies.. just let me know when and where.

OH elie from asap emailed and said we shoudl know by fri that he is out of town till enxt week.. Goodness whatever i give up lol im just going to live life till he calls.

Ah I will be in portland that weekend Riley!! Crazy weekend Nicole.........get some sleep today!!

IN my family my sister was always the favorite!! She is 5'1 and skinny as a rail, had two kids and still a tiny thing............LOL. But I get what your saying........my sister has always been the center of attention in our family........my brother and I call her the "golden child" since she never broke rules and was my parents favorite........my brother and I ............well we had no idea there were any rules so in a matter of speaking I guess we broke them all..........

Whats sad is my mom left Sat my dad wasnt there, so who she is the golden child with is all 20 of my cousins. I think they like her cause she is a camillion she can blend in with everyone and will say anything to make everyone like her.

Needless to say im not going again

Morning all!!

Congratulations Jes!! Goal wooo hoooo!

Hi Donna, yes, I'm ok, kind of! Having major food issues so I've been trying to stay active and not sit on my ass in front of my computer. I went and hung out with one of my old friends and wouldn't you know it, we wound up at dennys at 11:30 pm - I had an egg white veggie omelet -no has browns, no toast but I ate the whole thing - my brother bbq'd last night and made mac & cheese for his kids - I ate some mac & cheese! grrr! I think the whole ecoli thing messed me up because i was so cranky and lazy I just ate whatever. Now I'm having a hard time getting back on track.

Heather, I felt the same way! I thought if I could just do well on the pre op diet and get down to the 175 my Dr. said would be a good weight for my body structure I would forgo the WLS but, as it turns out, not doing well on it. not to mention, that i have lost weight before but ALWAYS gain it back. You are doing excellent on the pre op diet! I can't wait to see your new pics!

Riley jane - I would so love to do the camping trip! Just so you know, the hiking things scares me a little because I'm so afraid i will slow everybody down. but I'm ok with being left behind to finish on my own as long as it doesnt bother anybody else!!

Poor nicole! things can only get better from here LOL

Tani (emily or emilie... help?) Dr. fisher made it perfectly clear that he is pro RNY at orientation so, when I walked in his office and he asked me which way I was leaning I said "I know you prefer RNY but after careful consideration, I want the band!" He asked why and I said because I don't have any real health risks that require that I get the weight off fast - I don't need fast weight loss - I need the life long accountability that I will have with the band! Just said ok and told me to get to 205 and email him when I'm there. Do what is best for you! I also want the band because it allows me to still be "normal" so to speak - I know I won't have any dumping with sugar - I know I can't eat alot of it but I want an occasional glass of wine on special occasions & a small slice of cake on my b-day and a piece of valentines candy... things like that. BUT THESE ARE JUST MY FEELINGS - please don't think I'm trying to sway you in my direction.

Sheena, what was the deciding factor for you to get RNY over the band?

Hey Tamra - there was something I wanted to say to you but it has slipped my mind - I know as soon as I hit submit, it will come to me hahaha

Hi Tina. Remember I told you bout my friend that is now a 'size 11' - well, now I see how she does it. I have 3 pairs of apple bottom jeans that are a very stretchy 13/14 and they fit me now - like a size 16/18 - So since she gave me all her clothes, we went to macy's so she could get some new pants - oh, boy, was it fun watching her SQUEEZE into the American Rag size 11 with the 4% lycra in them. I should mention that she is one of the body types that carries most of her weight in the middle so she's has nice legs. She's very cute but now she's going to be really uncomfortable. I didn't say anything to her about it and i wonder if i should have....? Am I not being a good friend if i told her that she should go for the 13/14 sizes?

Reggie, How are you miss lady? can you give me your sisters website?

Oh, see Tamra! The amount of weight you are suppose to lose, in my opinion, is strictly up to the surgeon! Look at poor Heater - WHO LOOKS AMAZING! - was told to lose 80lbs - that was almost 30%!!

Also, Nicole, I did the C25K week 3 day 2 this morning and I have to tell you that I REALLY struggle with the last 3 minute interval (run). Not really sure if I will be able to progress to week 4 in time - i just may be stuck on week 3 for a while.

My brother is the golden child in my family just as my dad was the golden child in his. My dads side of the famioy is VERY catholic and when we'd show up at a family function (my dad has 5 brothers & sisters) they would take one look at my dad & brother and say either - god and Jeasus Christ have finally arrived - or - her comes the good lord and his son. I was ALWAYS the invisible outcast. My Nonna (grandma) would call me clear out of the blue - we're talking 1 phone call in 3 years and say "Candra, I haven't been able to reach your brother since yesterday - is he alright?" So, Nicole & Tina you are definately not alone! LMAO

Well the one good things about us girls who carry the weight in our lower half is that we don't usually have to lose the whole 10%!! But I am having a hard time finding other postive things about being bottom heavy!! LOL.

I have been eating watermelon alot this weekend. In fact I have no more and want some...........1 cup is like 15 calories...........I know it is a slider but I had it for dinner last night and didn't get to hungry later. Who knows.............

Speaking of watermelon... Have any of you ever been to the farm in Fairfield? I went there and got so much fruit & veggies (all for $30-so inexpensive) anyway, I got a HUGE seedless watermelon for 5 bucks and it is the best watermelon I've had in a very long time

What is funny is that my sister doesn't like anyone getting more attention than her even thought we all know it wasn't fair how we grew up. Even now she is upset cause my daughter is closer to my parents than her two boys. I like in sacramento close to my parents and she lives in denver colorado?? Family dynamics are weird. She told me that she didn't like being the golden child cause there were to much expectations on her. But she sure did eat up all the attention and in my family money she got.

My brother and both had to work for everything she never had to work my mom got her a credit card that my parents paid off every month for her. My sister never had to get a job but I started to work in 8th grade and worked at some job all the way through until now!! LOL.

My sister just doesn't get it.............even as an adult she doesn't get it. But she is no longer the goldern child anymore............except she is skinny which in our house almost guarentees you will be a favorite..........she is having a hard time with no being my parents favorite right now.