Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tani, Dr. Baggs told me that BMI of 42 or less are the best candidates for lap-band. I guess you are right on the edge there . . . she is a very thoughtful doc and she must be thinking of your best interests. There are reasons to get RNY instead of the band, for instance diabetes - which isn't an issue for you - or if your eating issues include lots of sweets. Like Reggie says, we will support you whatever you chose! We just want you to make a fully educated choice, and not feel pressured either way. Volume eating has always been my issue, so the band is PERFECT for me! I also have lost weight faster than many RNY patients, but please do not let the rate of weight loss be you most important consideration - this is about the rest of your life! And in the end it all comes down to creating a new lifestyle for yourself, NOT which surgeon you had or even what kind of surgery.

Soy Slender chocolate 140

singles Swiss 2% Milk - 16 ct 50

Saltine Cracker 13

lunch Dry Roasted Edamame Lightly Salted 104

Lentils 57

Edited by riley4183

SUPER cute new pic Heather! What a difference!

Tani she said the same thing to me because I have no health issues and she felt I could go either way, however I did a lot of research on my own and decided that LB is a better choice for me. For me, the thought of my intestines being re-arranged scared the hell out of me. When I saw her recently she said I have lost more weight within 6 weeks than most of her RNY patients and that gave me lots of confidence and assurance that I made the right choice. Do your research while you lose the 13lbs, that is so easy girl, you can do this. Good luck! We are here to support you no matter what you choose. We are Bariatric Surgery Sisters for Life :smile:.

Thank you Reggie.. thank you.. I thought it would be so much easier to make my choice I was so ready for this...

Oh, and the dress is an 18/20! What?! I wore my size 26 shorts to the store, and left with an 18/20 dress. I love it!

Tani, Dr. Baggs told me that BMI of 42 or less are the best candidates for lap-band. I guess you are right on the edge there . . . she is a very thoughtful doc and she must be thinking of your best interests. There are reasons to get RNY instead of the band, for instance diabetes - which isn't an issue for you - or if your eating issues include lots of sweets. Like Reggie says, we will support you whatever you chose! We just want you to make a fully educated choice, and not feel pressured either way. Volume eating has always been my issue, so the band is PERFECT for me! I also have lost weight faster than many RNY patients, but please do not let the rate of weight loss be you most important consideration - this is about the rest of your life! And in the end it all comes down to creating a new lifestyle for yourself, NOT which surgeon you had or even what kind of surgery.

Soy Slender chocolate 140

singles Swiss 2% Milk - 16 ct 50

Saltine Cracker 13

lunch Dry Roasted Edamame Lightly Salted 104

Lentils 57

Riley, thank you so much... I am a slave to sweets... I also eat bulk.. Not fast food bulk but bulk when I do eat even at home.... Anyway, yeah sweets are my biggest down fall... as in candy, cakes, Ice cream.. I crave them so much.. Not soda... never been a soda or coffee drinker... I am just doing my research.

I'm also a grazer.. I will think I did good all day then I realize I actually ate all day long just lil bits all day..

Sat Afternoon to our Lovely Ladies!

How about a handclap...applause...for...yourselves...for NOT giving up on ourselves! I know it is corny, but a good thought. I am so proud of you Heather...you go girl, what an inspiration...those pics, omgosh...can u get prettier? Can you go weigh in, just to ck in with your Dr.?

Tani, give yourself time to make the best decision for you...yes talk with support, and those who will be around after the surgery...but take your time to decide which will work the best for you, we are here...SOS...Sis of Surgery!

It took me a year to prep...even with making my decision, and I know the timing of my surgery was just right. So you do have time, to go with your gut, of course as women, we always changing our minds...lol. Sorry, does that help?

BTWay, my BMI was 45 or so, with 3+ comorborbidities...but I just knew the band was right for me, the accountability appts/fills, relearning self-control, and slower weight loss were some of my best reasons.

Candra woman, doing ok? Miss you postin, did u see my campin comment? lol How is everyone else this weekend?

Oh yea, everybody campin but me, lol. :smile:

I totally agree with Donna about the accountability factor with the band. With RNY you see your surgeon @ surgery then - not. There is something very motivating about knowing you have to see your surgeon every month or two! It's almost impossible to just "give up" or drop out after lap-band surgery. And you gotta love those group fills, what a blast!

What can I say, it works for me! I LOVE my band and I am 100% sure that I made the right choice for me.

Nicole are you really on here? I thought you were camping!

Hey ladies I am back!!!

OMG my company just left. I thought they were leaving at 3pm .........................we have fun but I was hoping to go out to tonight but now I am not sure if I have time to pull anything together..........

I did give them all my unhealthy food to take with them........brownies I didn't get to try and rice casserole which I did try but didn't stay down to well............

Heather gonna check out your pictures. Girl the clothes I have for you are 18's you better come get them QUICK!!

I agree with riley Dr. Baggs told me the same thing about the 42BMI and under doing good with the band. He told me the same thing. For me I think the vegetarian thing turned the tables for me. Also I wanted a back out mode if anything went wrong. they can take out the band if it doesn't work out.......

Oh and my secret I was a big sweets person and a soda person. I don't eat much sweets and I don't crave them much anymore. IF I do I have a lifesave or two and I am done. Well ok I am done because I don't have any sugar in the house to indulge in and by the time I drive to store I would have talked myself out of it.............but sweets were my thing to and I really don't miss them.

Carbs..........I still love carbs. But one day I will conquer my indescreet love affair with carbs.............I crave carbs more than sweets nowdays.

Donna I wanted to call you but I am just now available....

I'm still in a variety of sizes! We should find some time to meet up this week Tina!

I hear you on the carbs too. I walked down the bread isle this morning at the store and caught myself doing a "sigh, I miss bread". Seriously! But I guess I don't miss it that much, because I've got results to replace my bread!

Heather will you be at the meeting saturday? I could just give them to you after.............I would reather you have them than someone I don't know. :-)

Or we could meet up sometime this week? Where?? It might give us an excuse to get together for lunch or something!!

Yea my new addiction is those reduced fat wheat thins. I so love those and that is a huge change for me. I use to eat a bag of jolly ranchers a week........oh so yummy!! I quite that in December!! I still think I would like to eat them but I don't buy them cause I will want to eat the whole bag.

The soda thing I am pretty down with. I don't like the syrupy taste anymore............I threw up on a sip of 7-up and I am not tempted anymore...........I do like Crystal light though........

Good evening ladies- so Reggies question really made me think (why get the band?) Well I never considered it until my primary said I should look into it because she thought surgery would prevent me from having another “event” and alleviate some of my health issues. I’ve already had a heart attack. She and I have been going around and around for a while, her trying to get me to loose some weight. I know I’m on the lower side of the weight scale but why wait til I hit 250? I’ve have not lost any weight since having my twins 20 years ago. I figure something’s got to give!

Top 5 reasons Jes is getting the band

5 . make better food choices

4. not having to take 9 pills a day to stay alive

3. shopping in the regular section…what the hell the “Petites”

2. becoming more active (better sex), need I say more?

1. leading a healthy happy life

From what I see here the struggles are no different no matter what size you are.

Hope you all had a nice Saturday, gosh the weekends almost over ugh!

O girls, I need to go get some miles in before I leave for camping.

I am having "issues" with what I need to bring for ME to eat. The "group" has menus all planned out, plus Snacks and drinks of course. Hamburgers, hot dogs, lasagna, chicken, potato salad and Pasta salad. Soda pop and beer. They are used to me bringing boca burgers and eggplant and such to throw on the grill at BBQs, but I really need to bring stuff that I KNOW I can eat and stay on plan with - egg beaters, lentils, tofu, soy milk, etc. I need to be sure that there are no PB episodes, but I am sorta embarased! These are hearty meat-and-potato women who just do not abide with tofu- and italian to boot! WHAT?? No pasta salad???? If it was just an afternoon party I could just go with the flow and eat very small portions, but it's 3 whole days! I need to take care of myself.

I have pre-made lentils, boiled edamame, etc. and my friend & support person Mary Jo has made a nice zuchinni fritatta and a cucumber salad, which I can for sure eat. WHY do I feel so embarrassed? And what to do about it??

Heh heh heh, I USED to be embarrased because I had to pack a big fat suitcase to go on a little trip like nthis - not because I had so many shoes to bring, but because my clothes were twice as big and I had to make sure that all my tops were long enough to cover up my belly! Now my stuff fits easily in a backpack :-)

So I guess it's a trade-off, I have to bring weird vegetarian lap-band no PB food, but I also bring only a backpack of clothes!

And hummus and sunflower seeds. Peace . . .